Warwick Brussels
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
The Moon Hotel(Brussels)
2,758 results
All reviewscentral stationthe grand placewaterloo bargreat locationpiano barlovely hotelfew minutes walkchristmas marketthe main squarecity breakchutneyconciergetrainbelgiumchocolatesaunaeurostar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Unfortunately we decided to stay in Brussels for the weekend before an industry conference. The hotel was in an ideal position for the centre of Brussels and the conference.

We were "greeted" at reception by a rather surly receptionist. We had booked a "superior" room however the room we were given was by no means superior - it was extremely small, very tatty, the bedside light was hanging by the electricity wire off the wall, screws holding down the flooring were raised such that you could cut your feet open. We asked whether we could upgrade to a better room twice but neither receptionist could tell whether they would have another room available the following day. Fortunately third time lucky we found a very helpful member of staff who offered us the next class up free of charge. This room wasn't a lot bigger but was very nice - oak panelled walls, mirrors which make the room feel much bigger, draped curtains, tea/coffee making facility, nicely tiled bathroom.

All going well and then Saturday evening arrived!!!! In the casino opposite there was an all night rave from 10pm until 8am on Sunday morning. The party was on the 1st floor of the casino so you felt like you were part of the party. If you plan to stay at this hotel check out what's happening at the Casino, especially if Easter or Halloween.

Fortunately it was a lot quieter on the other nights.

We didn't have any problems with water pressure, unlike one of the other reviews.

Unbelievably the rack rate for rooms shown at reception started at 525 euros per night whereas we paid a fraction of this on the Internet.

Room Tip: Our ratings depend on which standard of room you book and when you are there. Superior rooms are dreadful. If there is a party at the casino then the location is horrendous, otherwise excellent.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Angela J
Louis V, Directeur général at Warwick Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Angela J

Further to your comments for which we thank you, I was sorry to read your disappointment about our Superior Room, and was please to read as well that we managed to upgrade you to our Business Premier Room, for the rest of your stay.

Should you reconsider to visit Brussels, why not take the advantages of the Business Premier package, which not only offers you the enhance comfort of a high quality feather duvet bedding, but also the complimentary breakfast, Tea & coffee, a viewing of a in house movie as well as the LAN and wireless internet connection.

We look forward to welcome you again in Brussels, in order to be able to restore your faith and probably to discover Brussels on a non business trip.

Yours Sincerely,

Regional General Manager Brussels

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Nice and openminded hotel. Centrally located, but the rooms are a bit worn. Will be back in Brussels and Royale Windsor Hotel. Nice city, Nice people and wery organized. And of course the best party in Europe: La Demence!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Louis V, Directeur général at Warwick Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Norwegian38,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place, Brussels.

Your kind comments humble us and we are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially its staff and location.

Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you again in beautiful Brussels.

Regional General Manager Brussels

Reviewed November 6, 2012

In two words: very disappointing. I'd rate this hotel at 3* but rate them down for pretenting to be a 5* hotel.

So what's good: location. A couple of streets from the Grand Place, it's right in the heart of things. However, there are plenty of other hotels within a few hundred feet so it's not unique. Breakfast was ok. hmm - I struggle after that.

What wasn't good:
The rooms on the 1-3rd floors are all pretty small. Mine looked out onto the back of the hotel, facing a wall. They're also tired. The bathroom was tiny with a bath that I wouldn't have been able to sit down in, had I desired (I didn't - it was yellow). The walls around the bath were mouldy. The water pressure was appaling - little more than a dribble and as soon as someone flushed their toilet, you got scalded.

Room service was shocking - I phoned for a coffee and had to call again 45 minutes later. The mini-bar was a complete rip-off E5.50 for a 200ml bottle of water. Also, I told them that the main lightbulb in my room had gone but after 2 days, it was still not fixed.

Check-in and check-out were poorly executed and with long queues. There was only one woman doing check-out until we insisted that she found someone else to help clear the queue of about 10 people. The conceirge was ineffectual when faced with lots of bags.

I was staying with work colleagues for our annual industry conference and one of my consultant friends (value add from PWC!) had warned them that they might want to consider keeping the bar open after midnight on Monday as they'd probably get a sizeable volume of custom. They agreed but didn't believe him on the numbers so there was one (hassled) barman trying to serve over 100 people. Eventually, they found someone to assist him but ran out of beer and white wine before we ran out of patience and went to the off-licence next door.

Generally, a shambolic effort. Don't stay here - it's overpriced and poorly run.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Stevo789

Dear Stevo789,

Thank you for sharing with the Tripadvisor travellers your opinion about our property.

Your evaluation of various services and facilities is very much appreciated. We sincerely apologize that your stay was spoiled by the quality of your room and that your overall experience at our property felt so disappointing.

Our valued guests' comments are crucial to us. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss this further with you and make amends for the inconveniences you encountered.

General Area Manager

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Having read the Trip Advisor website I was concerned about the remarks about the noise in rooms from a disco across the street and specifically asked for a "quiet room" at check in. We were given room 119 directly above the main entrance. I have to say the room was very quiet from street noise. However when the deep throb and beat of disco music continues until around 0530 in the morning I can see why guests have cause for complaint. I slept generally well but I can quite see why guests would be upset. Remember I asked for a quiet room!!! The remaining two nights in 119 were not affected by any Disco beats but the noise of air conditioning or similar machinery in a room next to the room entrance with its constant beat/hum/throb and could be a distraction for some.
The disco noise is incompatible for a 5 star hotel and is clearly an issue for hotel management to resolve. I believe the disco is actually within the hotel as the lift makes reference to it on one of the basement floor stops. Clearly a major point not addressed yet given by the number of complaints I have read.
I just wonder If I was not on a special deal if I would have had a better room?.
On the morning of checkout (12.00 was stated as latest time to leave the room) I was excluded form my room at 10.00am. Having returned from buying some presents my room key was cancelled and I was shown complete indifference from the receptionist when I checked when the latest checkout time was supposed to be and requested my access key be re-activated. To feel like a privileged guest these things matter, particularly for a 5 star hotel. I have stayed in many hotels around the world and continue to do so for business and pleasure. Management have more than enough time to take note of my and other guests comments so I think action is now well overdue .. guests are difficult at times but the points above detract from a overall comfortable hotel and room. By the way the room service was excellent from a friendly cleaner who kept our room very nice and welcoming.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room and make sure you get it? The hotel is a straightforward 20 minute work from the Eurostar terminal at Gare du midi and if you get a map before you travel no issue to find the hotel just a street away from the La Grand-Place.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Louis V, Directeur général at Warwick Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear MrCliff,

We would like to thank you for having taken time to share your feedback with the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place – Brussels. Obviously, we do regret the inconveniences caused to you by the night life activities around the hotel, due to the Halloween parties, and which took place in the near avenues.

For your information, the Dukes is not a public club, but a private venue using for after works, which was not operated during your stay.

It goes without saying that I regret the inconvenience that the night activities has caused to you, and could not address your wish to have a room assign at the rearward of the hotel as we were fully booked.

We have taken good note, of the noise of the air-co which has since been attempted by the maintenance department. We have been equally sorry to read that your key didn’t’ give you access to your room, as a program.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again at the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand’ Place, and we will be able to provide you with a room on the rearward of the hotel, a higher floor and with a view of the roof top of the Grand’ Place, which is exceptionally nice with the Christmas illuminations.

General Area Manager

Reviewed November 1, 2012

This hotel is very strategic to the tourist areas and Grand Palace. Restaurants and souvenir shops are abound within 5-10 minute walk from the hotel. There is no shortage of things to do. The rooms are very well appointed, clean and spacious. The pillows are huge and the comfortable bed puts you to sleep in minutes. All the small things you need like kettle, safe, complete set of towels are available. The reception was very helpful and efficient as expected. Hotel is within walking distance of Centrale train station so its a convenient place to stay if you are travelling to other cities in Europe. The hotel is not cheap, but you always get what you pay for.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear RedwoodFarms,

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback with us. We are very grateful for your time.
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us for the size of our room and its location in the heart of Brussels.

Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you again in our beautiful Brussels.

Area general Manager