“Fabulous stay as part of our honeymoon”
Review of Warwick Brussels

Warwick Brussels
Ranked #54 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We stayed at Royal Windsor hotel as the first stop on our honeymoon around Belgium.
Check in was efficient and easy as was check out.
We stayed for 3 nights, and we were upgraded to one of the Design rooms - which was lovely and spacious, with a Suite feel. The room was clean and quiet despite over looking a main street of restaurants.
As we had so much to do during our stay (Belgium Grand Prix) we did not manage to take advantage of the hotel facilities.
The hotel was conveniently located for the station, and was perfect to travel from the Station to our next stop Bruges. It is also perfect for visiting the Grand Place and not too far from restaurants.
I would definitely go back again when staying in Brussels, and would highly recommend it for its convenient location

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Louis V, Directeur général at Warwick Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Dear VictoriaSussex,
We are pleased to see that you enjoyed your first stop on your honeymoon here at Royal Windsor Grand Place.
We are indeed conveniently located between the Central Station and the Grand Place. Our perfect location gives our customers the opportunity to take advantage of visiting Brussels and easy travelling (with connections to the Airport and Brussels South international train station).
We will be pleased to welcome you again at the Royal Windsor Grand Place and thank you for sharing these nice comments.
Kind regards,

Regional General Manager Brussels

Write a ReviewReviews (2,709)

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Great central location right in the heart of Brussels. Lots of restaurants and shops around the area.

This place exceeded our expectations since we booked it last minute and didn't spend very much. The hotel seemed like a place that would easily cost double what we paid for it.

Upon arrival, we were easily checked in. When I entered the room they had set the TV to play some mood music, which I thought was a very nice touch. Everything in the room was great. Only thing that was a slight issue was that the WiFi password expires after a day so you have to get a new one every day. They were really nice about it though. The front desk even brought the piece of paper with the password on it up to my room so I didn't have to go down and get it myself.

I would definitely stay again since this was such a good value and location.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Louis V, Directeur général at Warwick Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2012

Dear bbbalonie,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the Royal Windsor Hotel Grand Place, Brussels.
Your kind comments humble us and we are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially its location.
Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you again in beautiful Brussels.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed at the Royal Windsor for one night whilst visiting Brussels for a weekend. The main reason for choosing this hotel was the competitive price and excellent location, which is very close to the Grand Place.

After arriving on the Eurostar we walked to the hotel which took about 20 minutes. The hotel is nice but slightly old-fashioned and in need of some modernisation. Despite having a non-smoking room, it still had a smoke aroma in the air most probably from all the previous years of smoking. The rooms were comfortable and the staff extremely helpful.

If there was a 3.5 rating, then that is what I would have given.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Louis V, Directeur général at Warwick Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Dear Toppo16,
I would like to thank you for this comment about our hotel and I’m pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and mainly its central location.
Your evaluation of various services and facilities is very much appreciated. We sincerely apologize that your stay was spoiled by the smell of tobacco in your room. For your next stay with us, don’t hesitate to give us this kind of feedback, we would be pleased to directly allocate you another room.
Kind regards

Reviewed July 6, 2012

I am am so unhappy with this hotel's business and additional services that I am writing this review while at the hotel itself.

The hotel's rooms are not connected to their wireless services properly ( I am sitting writing this review on the floor of the room, near the front door, which is the only place that receives a medium to weak signal). When I complained about this on the first day of the stay, the reception staff said it was outsourced to a third party and they could do nothing about it. They even said a lot of people were complaining and they were trying to fix it. It's still not 'fixed'...since, here I am two days later, with the same weak signal. So, if you are staying here and want to use the wireless make sure to test the room you are in for its signal. As I am on a business trip, this has been the single most frustrating element about my stay. Additionally, it infuriates me that the staff blatantly lied instead of offering me a better connected room, or sincerely apologize for poor connectivity.

After a long day in a conference center, I wanted to relax with a movie in the room. Guess what? The movie service is not working tonight! Reception tells me (shockingly) that the system is down and people are complaining and they are trying to fix it. How boringly familiar.

The room is fine, the bed is comfortable and the pillows are very soft. However, my bathroom had a used soap stuck to the bathtub side. It even had hair on it, which was absolutely disgusting.

The corridor noises start early here - the first morning I was awoken to corridor noises as early as 6 am. If you aren't keen on rising and shining that early, ask for a room farther down the corridor.

This is the second time I stayed at this hotel. The first stay a year ago, was much better, I did not have or see so many issues.

The hotel is close to the venue for a yearly conference I attend so its location is the reason I returned. Needless to say, I will not come back next year. There are many hotels to choose from in the area (Hotel Dixseptieme, just round the corner, has a stronger signal, since my computer picked up their wireless signal over the Royal Windsor's own signal) and I will go for another option.

Unless you're coming purely for the tourism aspect and Grand Place's energy and will not need your iPad or the Internet for the length of your stay in Brussels, don't stay here.

Room Tip: For a quiet room ask for something farther down the corridor to avoid early risers noises down the c...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2012

There is a slight "gentleman's club" air about the hotel, but everything is done very well. The bedrooms are not large, but adequate and well furnished. The staff are helpful. Free wifi. Overall very nice, but nothing to make it special. Great location near the Grand Place.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Have stayed here many times - passing through on business and stayed for two nights - was upgraded to a superior suite (for no reason but am upgrade was welcome!) - lovely clean decor, super bathroom and excellent room service. Located just round the corner from Grand Place makes it ideal to shop come back and dump stuff and shop again.

Food was delicious, a good breakfast spread and lovely coffee - great to have a coffee that is just coffee and not high street chain coffee.

Have booked again to stay later in year.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Stayed for a couple of nights. Great location for the market square, restaurants and bars. Staff friendly and responsive to requests. Room decor a little tired and dated, but still comfortable. Breakfast buffet of good quality and choice - all round a decent hotel offering 4 star (not 5 star) comfort and choice.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business