“Beautiful Historical Hotel in Bruxelle”
Review of Hotel Metropole

Hotel Metropole
Ranked #74 of 198 Hotels in Brussels
Istanbul, Turkey
“Beautiful Historical Hotel in Bruxelle”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Beautiful hotel with magnificient reception hall.
Location is close to La Grande Place.
Kind and helpful reception and hotel staff.
Free effective wireless connection.
Very large room with comfortable bed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Bucks
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This hotel is very special in that it is a beautiful building with lots of interesting rooms and really attractive public areas. The staff are all very formal dressed, which is a lovely touch, and extremely helpful.
The rooms have everything you need, really interesting decoration, clean and work as expected. The area has lots of restauarants and bars, and is easy walking distance to the Grand Place and other sites. We have stayed here a few times and will stay again.

2 Thank woggsy
Kent
Reviewed December 5, 2013

First experience was having a drink in the cafe a few years ago had a peep inside and it was stunning, so I wanted to go back to experience the hotel, unfortunately the cafe was shut for renovation this time but the piano bar was open but the happy hour didnt happen as we paid full price for 2 drinks about 20 euro!
Breakfast was not included and a bit expensive so we got coffee out.
Our room was lovely on the first floor facing the street with a large terrace which I would go back to if we went in the summer.
Brussels is lovely at Christmas and the hotel gives easy access to the centre and Christmas Markets.
On our last day the lift was out of order but the notice was only at the bottom after we had lugged our case down we saw it. when I suggested to reception that a notice by the lift would have been handy she pretended not to understand me, odd when everyone else in Brussels can speak good English especially the guys that try to lure you into the restaurants.
If you travel by Eurostar have some euros for the metro the machine dosnt take notes and its 2 euros for one trip its only a few stops and the metro exit is right outside the hotel.

Room Tip: no experience of any other part of the hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KentGranma
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Hotem Metropole one of the best 5 star hotel in Brussels! thanks for the 2 very nice night!
Very clean rooms, and very big too for nice value and for the 5 star quality. The Burckere is still on city central, every attraction is so close to the hotel with walking.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed November 26, 2013

after my two successful visits to Metropole, I experienced in my third visit not a good, as expected, hospitality in the check in, the receptionist was not friendly at all, unlike her colleagues that I was used to their very warm welcoming
I arrived at 1030, they told me that I have to wait until the room will be ready which s not expected to be before 1300; this is fine and understandable,
But when I decided to go out for a coffee, I went to the reception to advise me when I come back for the room; the lady on the reception was not friendly at all, she asked me to wait and that when the room is ready she will bring me the keys; she even didn't want to listen to my question.
When she gave me the key, (at 1230) I realized that she logged me in the older part of the hotel where I have to use a very old lift, so I was wondering with her if she can move me since with my neck pain I cannot easily open the door of the old lift, so she again didn't wait until I end my inquiery and in a very arrogant way she started to show me the alternative way to reach my room

Room Tip: as for the rooms, all are good, there are no preferences
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed November 23, 2013

The room was big, clean and quiet - it's old style with wall-to-wall carpet in the bedroom. The breakfast was great, and the location is really good as well. The mini bar was free (with the basics - water, coke and beer), which was very convenient.

2 Thank OutandaboutNorway
Groningen
Reviewed November 22, 2013

The Metropole is a magnificent place. Few hotels can match the elegance and beauty of the decor, which had been lovingly restored. The staff are wonderfully helpful. The car parking valet, and the front desk staff were most helpful. The room are well-appointed, large, with very grand bathrooms and extremely comfortable beds. The decoration of our room was perfect, totally in keeping with the period, yet timeless and fascinating. The hotel is centrally located, just next to the Metro (De Brouckère).

3 Thank Magnifico M