Hotel Metropole
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
2,882 results
All reviewsprivilege roombelle epoquethe grand placebeautiful hotelart deco stylepublic areas aremini barclassic hotelmetro stationbit datedsuperior roomroom was largereception areacentral locationlocation is excellentbreakfast roomcroissants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 17, 2013

A good hotel and a good location , we went for the christmas market and it was about a 10 minute walk which was really good. There was a lot for breakfast a different variety of foods and also there was free champagne. They also stock up the mini bar with some freebies so thats a plus , the staff are helpfull and polite. So overall a really good deal.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2013

First, I want to state that the hotel's location and architectural significance are superb. It truly is a "grand dame" in the centre of Brussels. We booked the rooms directly through the hotel's website and received a very good rate based on their star rating and location. The piano bar's entertainer, Bachot Muna, was also quite good and made us feel welcome and was quite attentive to our small group. That's the plus side. On the minus side: (1) Reception staff were either condescending, were completely unhelpful or ignored us altogether. (2) When we arrived at/near 3:00 PM, one of the rooms (we had two) was not ready - and when the room was provided, you nearly needed transportation to get there as it was literally the last room at the furthest end of the corridor (one elevator and two short stairs to get there) on the uppermost floor. At least they managed to put us on the same floor as our travelling companions. (3) I have to agree with another reviewer - although they refer to the minibar as "free" the contents is abyssmal at best - two bottles of water, two bottles of mediocre beer and two snacks. Woo - gee, thanks. :( I guess, overall I would have to say that the experience was disappointing, given it's five star rating. They really do need to up their game if they want to maintain this standing. While I wouldn't say to avoid this hotel, I would definitely suggest that you do your research and look for one that has a better overall reviewer rating.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The hotel is very well placed, just 4 stops from the gare du Midi, and 10 minutes walk from the Grand Place.
The ground floor is truly beautiful, and of the Belle epoque era.
Check in was a little frosty, with little information given.
The rest of front of house, including concierge, and porters were excellent, AND friendly..
The room was large,(about 25m2) and well equipped,HOWEVER there ARE things that need to be put right.The toilet window needed replacing, the bathroom grouting needed cleaning, and some paintwork needed re-painting.
We went out at 10 am on the Sunday, and returned at 4.30pm to find the room had NOT been cleaned, despite us putting the request on the handle.
METROPOLE.....this is NOT 5 star standard.
NEITHER is the anaglypta on the corridor walls, although the carpets ARE brand new.
My wife and I DID thoroughly enjoy our stay however.This is not a stuffy atmosphere 5 star hotel.We heard the pianist in the bar actually playing some rock and roll.....but not loudly !!!
There is a bustling feeling,rather than the hushed silence of some hotels.
To sum up, If this hotel is good enough for Albert Einstein, Marie Curie, top stars,politicians ,Kings, and the like, then it was certainly good enough for my wife and myself.
Just take care Metropole not to rest on your laurels.....there is MUCH competion out there .

Room Tip: Ask for an automatic free upgrade.Not ALWAYS available.....but DO ask.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PoitiersDavid
Reviewed October 15, 2013

A lovely hotel with great service values. The room was huge with a separate seating / dressing area. The only thing I wasn't so keen on was having the toilet located in the same space as the wet room shower. The water didn't drain away very well and the toilet seat got wet through. If you'd have needed the loo after having had your shower you'd have needed to wear your wellington boots or get wet feet.
The room decor was simple + stylish and the bed very comfortable. A good nights sleep was had.
Breakfast wasn't the best in town but if its included in your room rate it was acceptable. I certainly wouldn't have paid the 28 euros especially for it.

Would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was my 7th stay at the Metropole Hotel. It is centrally located in the city center. It is like stepping back in time to the 1920'ies/30'ies. The rooms are nice and clean, and all rooms seems to be differently equipped. The staff is most helpfull and friendly. The hotel would have received a higher rating, had I not again expeienced that certain functions in the hotel was not open to the guests due to either a film being recorded or a conference taking place. The hotel management should put more focus on this! Would I stay there again - a year ago a clear "yes" - now, having again being "harrassed" by a conference - I will have to think about it!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business