“Good Choice for a Reasonable Lunch”
Review of I Primi Piatti

I Primi Piatti
Reserve with
I Primi Piatti is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #997 of 3,691 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I tend not to go for Italian restaurants but we were in the area and lunchtime was getting on so we decided to call in.

The food was reasonably priced (as lunch tends to be in Belgium) and of good quality with friendly, attentive but unfussy service. A complimentary digestif at the end of meal was appreciated.

1  Thank SemperSursum
There are newer reviews for I Primi Piatti

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I gave this review this title because my wife chuckled as she said it and I laughed because we know it's both true. This will my 7th review and I hope to review many more sites to come in the next few days as we make our way all around Europe for one whole month! We were originally in Brussels looking for a restaurant called VIVA BOMA (or something like that). This restaurant can be found pretty close to the Grand'Place (literally a 10 min. walk). On Sunday we noticed that restaurant was closed, so we were running short on time, so directly across from that restaurant is Primi Piatti. It's an Italian restaurant; however we are American and did not speak Flemish or French. The waiters were friendly, but it was difficult to communicate with them. We ordered two Belgium beers (yum!) and we ordered our entrees: my wife got Tortellini stuffed with cheese and I ordered lasagna. I really enjoyed my lasagna and so did my wife, but it was not really incredible. My wife told me she liked the lasagna better than her Tortellini. She also felt the service was a bit slower than some other places even though there were literally 6 people there. I was able to pay with a credit card which was really important to me since we didn't want to use up all of our Euros. The price came out to be 29 Euros for two people.

1  Thank Jay D
Reviewed June 28, 2013

the interior is in purple and yellow walls ..special taste ..but they are very friendly and the food is more than ok... a lot of choice and not expensive at all .. I took the plate of the chef and my friend lasagne ..both were good and it was also a big portion.. we will come back ...

1  Thank xavke
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This is basic, no frills Italian.
Nothing special, but good if you're in the mood for the basics (Veal Milanese, pizza, pasta pomodoro, etc)
The house red wine was very good.
Very reasonable prices.
My veal was 14 euros, and came with pasta, and was a large piece of veal.
Yummy - and casual.

1  Thank TravelinMan718
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I went a few times to this restaurant but honestly there are better places for in the neighbourhood. The seets are for example not really comfortable. The staff is correct but very distant. Avoid the overpriced house wine. You'll find a big choice of dishes but quality varies : sometimes delicious but on other visits I found meals rather heavy (maybe it depends who's cooking).

1  Thank Bart D