“Nothing special, Credit Card not working!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of A la Folie - CLOSED

A la Folie
Cuisines: French, European, Belgian, Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
London, United Kingdom
“Nothing special, Credit Card not working!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

My best friend and I visited this place two weeks ago and had rather high expectations. We were met at the door by the owner, a nice guy, who presented us with the menus and offered us a drink. At this stage, everything was fine. Then started a series of misses. We ordered the veal medallion with pasta and were served a veal chop (with the fat around the side and on the bone) with steamed vegetables. The wine we wanted was not available and finally the credit card was not working so I had to pay by cash, the few euros I had left.
I am tired of restauranteurs taking my cash and I often suspect the worst. Why is it that Credit Cards terminal are very often Out of Service?
Well, the owner was nice but his restaurant is nothing special to me, the food is nothing special and he should speak to his bank if he wants to fix this IT issue but maybe he doesn't.
Anyway, Mr Owner, please let your future clients know when they sit down if items are not available on your menu or if your terminal is not working. I am sure they will appreciate it.

• Visited September 2013
5 Thank FraHK

Brussels, Belgium
“Cozy resto, great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I recommend this restaurant for a quite evening out. The 22 euro menu was worth it! Food was very good and price very low compared with the quality.
The menu included some nicely arranged tapas (and very tasty), main course (veal in a dark sauce, roasted potatoes and other vegetables) and dessert.
All 3 courses were delicious, the atmosphere is nice, the place being decorated with good taste, the man serving us was nice.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Miruna M
Milan, Lombardia, Italy
“Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

My partner and I ate here during our time in Brussels and we really enjoyed our meals. The service was good and make sure you go early as it started to get busy later in the night which was a saturday night. I picked the 20/22 euro menu which contained a starter main and sweets and was great value for money. The meals were yum and portion sizes were good and my partner loved the beer. If your in Brussels you should check it out defiantly worth a meal there.

• Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“A meal at A la Folie makes sense!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Had a lovely meal here on the recommendation of a friend and we weren't disappointed! The owner explained (in English) any menu items we didn't understand and the food was delicious. We chose from the 22 euro three course menu which changes regularly according to what is available in the nearby markets. One of the nicest meals I have had in a restaurant recently. A real find - recommended!

• Visited August 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Well-prepared simple food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I both really enjoyed our meals here. Both were fairly simple--- I had a grilled fish dish, and he had a steak, but both plates were perfectly prepared, well presented, and delicious. We also ordered champagne/limoncello cocktails, which we enjoyed. The meal was on the expensive side, but was reasonably priced in light of the quality. Our waiter kindly helped us out with a couple of French translations and describing the dishes.

• Visited June 2013