“Bad service. Food overpriced.”
Review of Jaloa Brasserie Jardin - CLOSED

Jaloa Brasserie Jardin
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“Bad service. Food overpriced.”
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Bad service. Food overpriced
You have to order seafood for 2 persons 68 euro
Cannot take one for 34 euro and something else for other person

1 Thank Albert B

“Overpriced and bad service”
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

It was my first time and I wanted to taste and asked for seafood for one person. It cost 34 euro. After 10 minutes they told us that I have to take seafood for 2 persons and to pay 68. Decided to leave this place. 100 meter from there - 24 euro for one person with great service.

1 Thank Albert B
London, United Kingdom
“Very friendly, accomodating, great service and amazing seafood”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Me and my other half had real trouble deciding on where to go for seafood (more importantly mussels) in Brussels.
We settled on Jaloa and it didn't disappoint. Unfortunately our evening didn't start too promising as the table we had reserved in the window had been given away and we were told that they had a reduced menu that evening as they would be closed for the following week. We were about to leave as we really wanted mussels but the exceptional manager went out of his way to hunt down some mussels - possibly from the restaurants near by? We also received some complimentary champers and then had the most AMAZING oysters and langoustines. I may even go as far to say that they were the best oysters I've ever had.
The service was impeccable and faultless and the staff nice and friendly! The owner and staff were all so helpful in talking us through the menu and seafood.
This restaurant has a few mixed reviews but I would defo recommend it to friends visiting Brussels.
Despite a shaky start, this turned out to be one of the nicest dining experiences I've had.

• Visited February 2013
Milan, Italy
“To avoid!”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The Restaurant is Located in The Fish Market area.
We ordered two entrees ( an onion soup and 150 grams of Crevette grises ) and two main Fish dishes, one grilled sole and one grilled Turbotax.
The sole came to be' cleaned but was acceptable ,mine was not sufficiently cooked at The point that The meat was not coming away from the bones and was really uneatable. I told The waiter which brought The plate back in The kitchen ,to come few minutes later telling me that " The chef says that is cooked"
My wife finished The Sole sharing it with me and we asked The bill.
101 Euro!!! ONEHUNDRED AND ONE!! A theft for real!
Now just get yourselves Why I am here at 11,30 P.M. writing about this place.
Just avoid it!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Losroques11
Warsaw, Poland
“Plateau crustace "2die4"”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I may have not explored this place thouroughly, but the seafood platter I'm usually hunting for in similar locations (proximity of the fish market) was one of the best I've ever had. If not the best.

• Visited December 2012