“Nice place to be for a very good hamburger”

Ellis Gourmet Burger - Place St Catherine
Ranked #126 of 3,522 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Ternat, Belgium
“Nice place to be for a very good hamburger”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I was here already six times since November 2012 and I keep on coming back.
When you enter you have the history of the hamburger written onto the wall which keeps you busy in a funny way while waiting to get your hamburger.
The first time I took the cheeseburger with french fries (which are really delicious and they come with a mustard mayonnaise) and a salad which we shared.
The last time I went (last week)I tried the new Bollywood Hamburger with Tandoori-marinated chicken breast with a mango chutney and a dressing of yoghurt and mint! I hope that they will keep this burger on the menu the whole year.
What I must admit is that Ellis Gourmet Burger is not a place where you will be sitting for several hours. You enter, you choose your burger, you order and 15 - 25 minutes later you get your food and afterwards you pay and you leave. But Brussels has so many nice areas to go for a drink afterwards that this can not be seen as an issue in my opinion.

• Visited July 2013

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
England
“Delicious burgers near to tourist centre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Not too far a walk from the Grand Place. We had the trio of mini burgers (beef, chicken and lamb) which were very tasty. Service was friendly and fast. Wifi is free.

1 Thank lkh07
Douglas, United Kingdom
“Good, not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Went on the recommendation of one of my daughter's friends. Burgers were decent, vegetables fresh and sauces tasty, but nothing as special as the name and menu suggest. Not cheap, but then you can say that about most of Brussels restaurants. I didn't think they were overly expensive. Service was mostly ok if slow. Restaurant itself was clean and we enjoyed sitting by the open windows. I would eat there again if I stumbled across it again, but I wouldn't go searching it out.

Zaragoza, Spain
“Expensive... and the burgers are not even that great”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

We came here after hearing it was one of the few good burger places in Brussels. Sadly, it was really dissapointing.

First of all, the prices are quite high: 13 EUR a "special" burger, which is simply a normal burger with something on top, like for example guacamole, blue cheese dressing, etc... and no extras. The fries, which to be fair were quite good, were an additional 7 EUR. I wouldn't mind paying those prices if the burger were memorable, but they were only ok-ish. The servings are also not big, a normal burger being the size of a bagel more ot lss.

I took the burger trio, consisting of a chicken + vegetables, lamb+guacamole, and classic mini burger. I normally don't eat much but even after this I was still hungry. The burgers were also extremely simple, the chicken one being simply a small grilled chicken piece with 2-3 grilled vegetables.

For a snack, and if you like fish, I'd really recommend going to the nordzee across the street and skipping Ellis burger.

Belgrade, Serbia
“Good but not great.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Buns are nicely toasted the vegetables fresh and the meat above mediocre,sauces are all original.

SERVICE: Had to stand up after waving my hands for 10 minutes and being ignored.
PRICE: a little pricey for 2 students but not criminal(2 burgers 2 salads,fries and 3 soft drinks 45 euros)

A good place to have a lunch but nothing spectacular.