“Family is the key to the restaurants success”
Review of Pasta Divina

Pasta Divina
Ranked #4 of 3,778 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stumbled on this small sidewalk cafe and discovered a treasure. It's location is just off of the Grand Place like so many others. The father in out front, with mom in the kitchen, daughter is a waitress and there may have been a son in the mix. The food and service were tops. They were warm and inviting not pushy like so many that accost you on the street. Simple concept, pick your pasta, pick your sauce. The flavors were excellent. We had the artichoke ravioli with the eggplant tomato sauce it was so good I was tempted to order more. We also had their simple mixed salad. I am not sure if it was the oil or the vinegar but the flavors were fabulous. Great place for lunch while strolling the old city.

2  Thank richb28
Write a ReviewReviews (2,050)

Reviewed July 28, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to this restaurant, because of the high rates it has on Tripadvisor.
We made a reservation the night before to have lunch there the next day. The place is super small so if you want to give this restaurant a try I advise making a reservation in advance.
It started of good, the old man explained to us how the pasta's work and how to choose.
His English wasn't so great so we told him he could explain it in French to my boyfriend (he's French) and that my boyfriend could explain it to me in English. But the old man insisted on explaining in English. And he did in a good way.

Unfortunately I have allergies so I need to be aware of what I eat. We asked if he knew which pasta's I could have without any problems. The first time he said with a smile that his wife makes all the dishes so he doesn't know what was in them. You could see he wasn't too glad I asked. I picked a pasta and he asked his wife about the ingredients. he said I was out of luck with that one and suggested I take another which was no problem for me. Again he had to walk twice, because they ran out of the pomplemousse drink, so I had to order another.

The pasta was nice, you could really tell that it was fresh, but besides that it didn't have much flavor to it. We asked for extra parmazan to build flavor.

It was dessert time, I wanted to have a certain dessert and asked if it had any cinnamon in it. I'm allergic to cinnamon. The old man was now pretty aggitated and didn't feel like walking down the stairs for me an extra time. In French, looking at me, he said he had no idea what was in the desserts and that his wife made them, he made a pretty long story out of it, Much longer and more unfriendly than the first time I asked. He suggested I take a dessert with icecream made out of chocolate. Which sounded good, I like both chocolate and icecream.

Allergies are a pain for those of you who have them or know family or friends with the problem...
The old man came back with a cake looking dessert. My boyfriend wanted to give it a try too and we had a bite both at the same time. He said I should stop eating it because it had speculoos in it! Cinnamon is always used in speculoos and there was absolutely no chocolate in or on the dessert!

They also had forgotten the people sitting behind us, they had been waiting for more than an hour and were still waiting to order.

This restaurant is super small and had the old man and I believe his son doing the waiting.
Allergies are an important thing to be aware of and everybody working in the food business should be aware of the dangers it can cause.
I don't live in Brussels, but if go there again I'd certainly skip this restaurant!

2  Thank Charmaine J
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Since we have been in Brussels, we have visited Pasta Divina twice. Both times we had great meals, very good service, and value for our Euro. This family owned restaurant is not to be missed while in Brussels.

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Owned by the daughter , the father helps wait tables, and the mother makes the best hand-made pasta and other flavorful dishes in the kitchen. Close to the Grand Place, good beers on tap, excellent cheerful service, friendly conversation with the staff, and what else? Incredible, home-made pasta! No wonder it's called Pasta Divina!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My family just returned home from a trip to Belgium. While in Brussels we stumbled upon Pasta Divina and we are SO GLAD we did! My daughters picked their favorite pasta w/favorite sauce, I had a wonderful lasagna and my husband orders a "special" dish and it truly was! My husband had a three color (Belgium flag colors) pasta with sauce/bacon dish to celebrate Belgium's National Day holiday. His dish and all the others were delicious! The owner of Pasta Divina explained to us how all the pasta is homemade and his wife prepares a lot of the dishes herself. The owner and staff were all so friendly. Our family HIGHLY recommends this restaurant - wonderful experience! :-)