“Quality of menu was average”
Review of Le Dauphin

Le Dauphin
Ranked #3,150 of 3,904 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Interesting choices on the menus. Appetizers were average. My partner's main course fish was nice but my salmon a bit dry and they had completely forgotten the bacon as described in the menu. All in all not bad but there are better fish restaurants next to this one.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Just ate there on Saturday night. The lobster starter was delicious and the mussels with curry and cream were plentiful and quite tasty. The service was quick and very friendly. An enjoyable evening for my husband and myself.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Ate here on Friday night and must say having just glanced at some of the previous reviews was somewhat taken aback. Double checked the business card to ensure I was looking at the correct reviews.

We had to wait for a couple of moments until a table was prepared - restaurant was more or less full and some previous diners were just in the the process of paying. There are a number of set menu options but as we were not particularly hungry we decided to order a starter and a main - Lobster soup for both which was very tasty and contained a fair amount of lobster meat. For the main: a large piece of grilled sole on the bone, accompanied by parsley potatos and salad; salmon with a creamy mushroom sauce accompanied by vegetables and french fries. Both main courses were very good indeed though there was a bit of wait for the mains but the restaurant was busy. The waiter who served us was friendly and professional.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Worst place I have ever eaten in a LONG time! . Food was utterly and completely awful! Service was horrible. The only thing that was even remotely good was the bread and packaged butter. When we complained we were treated as if we were trying to get money back. Ha Was charged 150 euros for some old stingray not even cooked properly and some horrid "lobster soup." Tasted like fish turds mixed with water. The steak was tough and bland. we were pulled off the street by the Owner who had absolutely no sympathy or regret in giving us our bill at full charge. Thank god we stopped a group of 5 from entering as we left. I would not feed my dog their food.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

When you show up, you'll notice there aren't many people inside. Don't second guess yourself - it's not just a slow night.

Personally, I am not a picky eater (seriously, I've lived quite happily off of spam before). We were coached into coming inside by the owner and assumed it would have to be halfway decent. I couldn't eat more than a spoonful of my lobster bisque as it was way way too fishy. My sister's fish was drowning in butter and was extremely mushy in texture. My father's steak was flavorful, but very chewy. We've eaten at other places in Brussels for a fraction of the price that have been much better. The steak and frites were finished. The fish and lobster bisque were left on the plate untouched. We were charge for everything. You can do a lot better.