“Probaly the worst Sushi place”
Review of Zuziko - CLOSED

Zuziko
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Ok let's start with the good, the owner is a nice guy and kind, the place is nice too, the decoration is interesting and the music is not what you would expect for a Sushi place, but techno is OK, did not bother us much. Now the food, it is really bad, the miso soup tastes like water with diluted chicken broth and some drops of soy sauce. The vegi tempura was extremely greasy and overfried. The Sushi, and I think I am getting sick at the time I am writing this, the salmon was chewy and the rice unedible, like mushy, really difficult to describe. The rolls, we tried a piece and we left the rest. The place has potential if they find a new chef but it might be too late and close before that happens. Well, good luck!

There are newer reviews for Zuziko

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Went the first time with a voucher of Groupon and I very well surprised by the decoration of the restaurant, the kindness of the personal and espacially the owner. We got a really nice aperitive that tasted like peaches. Espacially the hot rolls are the best, a new experience. My fiancé loves that ones! In september we went back with my father and the owner still remembered us. We got even a better service! Next monday we are going again and it is by far the best restaurant in Brussels! my fiancé called to make a reservation and still the owner remembered us. So I am really looking forward to it and can't hardly wait to go! <3

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I chose this plase randomly, upon seeing it packed with people, which for me is a sign of a good restaurant in an unknown place. Okay, so the sushi here might not have been the best I have ever had, however it was good enough to satisfy my craving. And I liked the design of the place, I was attended all right and on the overall, I enjoyed my visit. And I don´t give a damn that it is not japanese enough. This is Brussels.

P.S. I ate a la carte, not with coupons.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Like so many others, I had purchased a Groupon coupon for sushi at Zuziko. I wouldn't say my experience was as bad as some of the reviews I've read here, but it still wasn't good. I'd guess that they have adjusted the Groupon menu a little, after getting too many complaints.
What bothered me the most, is that there is nothing authentic about this place. It's very poorly decorated, very un-Japanese, and kind of cheap-looking. The cutlery and glasses on the table didn't even match. (good location though, near the European parlement) We were waited on by a guy that spoke neither Dutch or French (in Brussels!), and it was very hard to attract his attention throughout our dinner. We were presented with an apéritif, which was a very sweet pink bubbly affair. Not sure what it was, but it tasted horrible. Afterwards we both received a plate of sushi and maki, which was fine. Nothing special, but not bad: some salmon, cucumber, fresh tuna... After we finished this plate, we had to wait very long and eventually asked for the rest of our menu. We got the fried sushi, which was horrible. It's greasy and it had nothing to do with real sushi.
Since we didn't like it and we had paid for the all-you-can-eat menu, we decided to order more sushi. Without asking us what we wanted exactly, we got more... of the horrible fried sushi, the last thing we wanted! So we specifically asked for maki, which the manager (a Dutchman) obviously didn't appreciate. He kept asking us if we still didn't have enough already. He tried to make it seem like a joke, but it made me feel uneasy. So in the end we left, knowing we wouldn't go back there.

1  Thank glowbutterfly
Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

It is mediocre. I would not recommend unless you just need somewhere to eat and it is close. The rice had an unusual texture. I couldn't tell if it was over or undercooked. I thought the menu was pricey compared to the basic elements of the food and presentation.