“We liked it and will go back”
Review of Zuziko - CLOSED

Zuziko
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 25, 2011

We also went to Zuziko with a groupon deal, and liked it very much. We are not sushi experts but I am surprised by the negative reviews on the site. The place is intimate and cozy, the owner was very friendly towards us, the sushi selection was excellent, housewine was of good quality, and the tiramisu we order at the end was one of the best I remember (not too hard, not too juicy, just right). All customers in our presence looked happy and content. We are certainly thinking of going back there.

There are newer reviews for Zuziko

Reviewed December 13, 2011

went to this restaurant with a Groupon voucher (all you can eat sushi). Most of the customers on that night obviously had the same deal.
venue is nicely decorated (although unexpected items like bottles of wine and champagne look out of place in an Asian decoration).
As for the food, it was a set menu, with quite a large selection of sushis and rolls, BUT you could tell they had been prepared a bit in advance. Not that they tasted rotten, but the rice was dry, so not as it should be.
I'm guessing it'd be different when you order from the menu, but that was definitely a downside.
So to sum it up, it was alright with a special deal, but I wouldn't recommend it otherwise (better options around)

2  Thank ChasseurDetoiles
Reviewed September 14, 2011

While the décor of the place is quite unusual and interesting and the staff nice, the food was not really Japanese. More like "Westerners trying to do Japanese food". It all looked fine, but the rice was not cooked properly (too hard) and they added copious amounts of mayonnaise in each maki. Although it was "all you can eat" and I was quite hungry, I did not want to finish the plate because I did not like the food.
Same applies to the green tea which was not Japanese, but the usual Lipton bags which you can get anywhere.
We also had to wait more than 30 min for the second plate to arrive, which was not acceptable - it negates the sense of "all you can eat" if you have to leave before the second helping arrives (which was the case for my husband).
I will not go there again and can only advise against going there if you're looking for real Japanese food.

4  Thank marionschmid
Reviewed July 19, 2011

My better half decided shewanted to try this place and i wasnt really feeling it. but we went anyway. Boy am i glad we did, the food was really first class. We started off with fried japanese dumplings stuffed with chicken and fresh asian herbs, so more-ish and the waiter/owner brought over some chef's home made sauce to go with them. delicious. My fiancee had sushi which she let me taste, Fresh rice and delicious fresh flavours from her california rolls. I had the chicken fried noodles which were just perfect. Little touches like using purple brocolli were appreciated.

the service was unobtrusive and super-friendly, the food was worth the very reasonable price. I really think this is as damn near a perfect small restaurant as one could hope to find. r

Reviewed July 18, 2011

Ideally located, in front of Parliament, 20 seconds from place Lux. Very nice restaurant. Staff really heplful - good quality service. Original and cosy setting. Had lunch for 20 EUR and that included starter + approx 10 sushis. Happy to go back there.