“Felt like staying at a friend”
Review of La Villa Zarin

La Villa Zarin
Ranked #62 of 209 Brussels B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Yes, the stairs are steep and narrow and the walls between the rooms are so thin that you can almost hear your neighbour breath.
But!
The landlady is great - helpful, kind, efficient and honest. The breakfast is very good. The neighbourhood is quiet - although it seems doggy it is actually very peaceful.

The mattress and pillows are good. The room is spacious, light and cosy (I had the green room). It is very clean. The metro (or to be exact - tram lines connected to metro) is close, like 50 m.
Grand place is 10 min walking distance.

The price is reasonable for Brussels circumstances.

It felt like staying at a friend so I am definitely coming back.

Thank you Ms Zarinka!

Room Tip: Green room
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Foks M
There are newer reviews for La Villa Zarin

Reviewed June 7, 2013

This is a lovely B&B located right in the center of Brussels. It's a short walk to the grand place and many other tourist attractions. It's also near the main area for bars and restaurants. The room was lovely and comfortable and the breakfast was great. The owner Ms Zarin is very friendly. Overall I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Peter M
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay, no complains whatsoever! Everything was perfect, especially the location! It's only about 10 minutes walk from the Grand platz, and just around the corner from a metro stop. The street where it's located can look a little bit dodgy but less than a 100 meters and you are in one of the main streets, with loads of cool bars, restaurants and cafes. The breakfast in the morning was fantastic! Loads of pastries, types of bread, etc. Beautiful! However, I wouldn't recommend it people with mobility problems or people who are gonna carry loads of luggage. It's a house with no lift and really steep stairs. My room was on the top floor and many times as I was walking down the stairs I felt like I was gonna fall! It wasn't a big problem, it's something that adds charm to the place. But it's good to make people aware. Also, not all the rooms are en suite, my one wasn't but I knew that beforehand so it wasn't a problem. I would definitely come back!! :)

Room Tip: If you are carrying loads of luggage or if you have mobility problems make sure you request a room o...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed in this well located, well-priced and quite homely little bed and breakfast.
Rue D'Anderlecht (which isn't in the Anderlect district of Brussels by the way, that's miles away) is a walk from the Manneekin Pis and Grand Place but is a pretty unattractive side street.
We were met by the lovely owner of the place who showed us the room ...with a double bed for two single straight guys ...and then took great delight in telling us we have all sorts staying here, I don't judge, some of the nicest people I know are gay ...lol!
Funny room with a shower and a toilet slap bang in the middle but there was a toilet outside the door so some degree of privacy was maintained!
But it was clean, cheap and the breakfast in the morning was very good.
Definately recomend it to the traveller on a budget and would be happy going there again

Room Tip: hard to say ...some very steep stairs so if you aren't too hot on your toes, ask for the first f...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 7, 2012

On first impressions, La Villa Zarin doesn't look much, but upon entering, I was greeted by the lovely Zarin who showed me up to my room (prepare to carry your luggage up some slightly steep steps!). The room was beautiful - large, light, extremely clean with a large en suite bathroom (complete with jacuzzi bathtub!!). The room looked out over flats, but it was not unattractive. Breakfast was continental and fresh everyday - pastries, meats, cheeses, cereals, yoghurts and fruit. Plenty of selection. Zarin was more than helpful and there to help. This place was in a perfect location in terms of seeing the city - train stations within 15 minutes (central and midi/zuid) and a 5 minute walk from the grand palace. I would definitely recommend this hotel to couples and anyone who is just on a trip to see Brussels like myself. I would not hesitate in coming back again! Zarin is a star.

The drawbacks - as a young girl travelling on my own, I found the area fairly dodgy and was warned of pick pockets straight away although I never came across any in the 6 nights I stayed. Just keep your wits about you and avoid shady looking characters! I was also asked to pay by cash, I did but was not happy about wandering around with 200 euros at a time with me to pay on my return to the hotel. It ended up being fine though.

Room Tip: When I booked on laterooms I booked a 'deluxe single' - apparently this is code for massive...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank J3nny284
Reviewed April 24, 2012

This place is really beutiful in the downtown of Bruxsell. It's very cute, the owner is very nice and helpful, always have a smile and it's the best point of this place. Breakfast is perfect and you can choise what you prefer from many different kind of food: egs, bacon, brioche, biscuits, tea, coffee etc.
In few minutes there is a nice club where you can try many different beers (in belgium there are more than 240 types of beers).
My room was with jacuzzi, really nice but be careful with the foam with bubble bath ;)

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vesciua
Reviewed January 31, 2012

We are Russian couple just arrived from Brussels. The owner speaks all languages (incl.some Russian!!!), location is 7 walking minutes from Grand Place, 15 min walking from Central station and the area is safe to walk at nights (not common in Brussels). Continental breakfast with cold meat and fruit is nice, place for smoking in the garden. If you email to owner directly you can discuss room and price (different rooms, different prices), so we did and got the best price compared to all centrally located hotels. Not sure do they allow pets ot not, but thay have a nice garden and 2 cats living there. We loved a place and would come there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple