“Count your chocolates”

Ranked #4 of 143 Shopping in Brussels
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Tease your sweet tooth with a sample of gourmet chocolate at Pierre Marcolini, or any number of Belgian chocolate and cookie shops throughout Brussels.
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I heard that Pierre Marcolini were one of the 4 best chocolate makers in Belgium. I bought chocolates at all 4. I bought maroons, box of 16 secret garden selection, chocos of the world (16), and Palets 9 fins from Pierre. Delicious chocolates, however the box of 16 chocos from around the world was missing 3 chocolates and it was sealed when opened and the box of 9 was missing 2 chocolates when the sealed box was opened. It seems weird that 2 boxes had missing chocolates to be random. I would open the seal and check your boxes before buying.

10  Thank Janice J
in 34 reviews
"chanel"
"ganache"

Reviewed September 5, 2013

My first visit to this city/country and of course had to get Belgium chocolate to bring back home. The locals I talked to, all recommended going to Pierre Marcolini and they were, of course, right.
The place is like a chocolate lovers piece of heaven. All sorts of cool displays and 2 floors of it. So many choices and chocolates from all over the world. Additionally, this brand is not readily available in the US.
I selected "sampler" box for my work colleagues and a sampler box of dark chocolates for my spouse and a block of chocolate from Cuba.
I and many others agreed that these morsels of deliciousness are infused with flavor unmatched by other chocolatiers. They are quite pricey but worth it.
I' d go back if I am ever back in the area.

2  Thank CarlosGLibra
Reviewed September 3, 2013

It was a very good decision to plan ahead and research on the best chocolatiers in Belgium as the minute that you walk around, there are too many shops that may tempt you but leave you unhappy. I am very particular with my chocolate as I am with wine and I am happy I have turned my partner into a chocolate lover like myself mainly because of Pierre Marcolini.

To make our purchase easy and for us to taste a great selection, we already knew that we were going to take home to Sweden the Malline Découverte which is 34 original chocolates from the Pierre Marcolini collection. It was an easy ten minutes of being inside the boutique but a memory of a lifetime as we tasted the marriage of flavours in that box that sent us to chocolate heaven.

Our personal favourites were:

1.) Mangue : A milk chocolate cream combined with a Brazilian mango jam.
2.) Palet Or : A bittersweet ganache combined with a caramel coulis, all intensely vanilla-flavoured.
3.) Pâtes d'Amandes : Encounter between a pretty almond paste and a slightly salted and caramelised Iranian cream of pistachio.
4.) Trianon Lait : A nougatine dome inlaid with caramelized ganache.
5.) Câlin Fondant : Almond praliné, Quimper flaky wafer and caramel blended with fresh Tahitian vanilla.

If you ever leave Belgium without taking home a Marcolini, we are VERY VERY sorry for you.

2  Thank TBSverige
Reviewed September 1, 2013

OK, not everyone is going to spend an hour in this shop - too bad. We spent time talking with the staff and getting to know the chocolates. They have one - a Yuzu filled chocolate - OMG!!! and, just to keep going, try the Violet chocolate covered macaroon. A bit of heave on earth. Do NOT leave Brussels without tasting at least one (and then stock up to take home with you!)

1  Thank stephrab