“Decent place to stay, away from the crowded area.”

Ibis Brussels City Centre Hotel
Ranked #65 of 198 Hotels in Brussels
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Stayed here for a night. Don't get confused for there are several Ibis hotel in the area. Few blocks away but within walking distance are the centre, grote markt, grand palace. Service is good - typical, as expected from an accor hotel. Check in was very swift. I was expecting a small room and boy, the room was even smaller than expected, good thing I didn't have luggage with me! You can basically reach everything from the bed, including the door, hence, you can hear the people in the hallway. The glass door in the shower won't even fully open if the bathroom door is closed - that's how cramped the space is. Wifi signal in the room is good but not consistent.

Breakfast buffet, however, is ok - adequate choices. I like the location of the hotel as well, you can find everything you need in the surrounding area (restaurants, malls, pubs, tourist spots, train station) and it is away from the crowded/noisy area. I had a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Not sure if there are rooms with view, because mine had none :)
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
EllenCar, Responsable relations clients at Ibis Brussels City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Thank you very much for having taken the time to give us your impressions about our hotel.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,947)

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Me and my partner arrived in Brussels at 6am in the morning, due not to check into the hotel until midday we tried our luck and thankfully the helpful receptionist didn't question this and led us straight to our rooms. As we were expecting to be wondering around Brussels in the cold with backpacks and minimal sleep for 6 hours this was very relieving.

We stayed for 3 night over Christmas. The hotel is very modern and clean (standard for ibis I think). We delayed the cleaners each morning however when we went out we always returned to fresh towels and bedding.

We didn't try the breakfast as we felt it was quite expensive and found many other places to eat around Brussels.

We didn't really need to speak to the staff however over heard others asking questions and they seemed very helpful.

The location is great, right near the centre, shops, restaurants and the Christmas markets. We could hear the church bells regularly however this wasn't a problem when sleeping.

Wifi was great and also had BBC 1, 2 & 3 on the television which was unexpected and a great advantage for British people over Christmas.

Would 100% recommend this hotel for a stay in Brussels. Price was good, service was great, location perfect and the rooms were lovely.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
EllenCar, Responsable relations clients at Ibis Brussels City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Thank you for taking your time to submit a review on Tripadvisor after your stay with us.

We are delighted to learn that your experience has left a lasting positive impression.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Arrived at the hotel on the 6th January expecting atleast a smile off one of the members of staff - didn't get one. The ladies behind the reception desk saw us arrive into the hotel but then walked into an office out the back and made us wait. Eventually someone came back out and gave us our room number so we went up to our room. Very clean and beds were comfy, the most pleasant staff were the housekeeping staff who never failed to say 'bonjour' each day. As we had been travelling since 5am and it was now 3pm, we went to the bar area to get some food. We waited at the bar for someone to serve us but no one arrived. My friend went to the reception area to ask to order some food, the lady picked up her phone to try and ring through to the bar but no one answered. She then went out to the back room again without saying anything, then another lady appeared to take our order. We wanted to order some food and drinks but my friend only got as far as 'pepperoni pizza' before the lady aggressively took the menu off her and went out the back again. My friend and I went back to the bar area where the same lady appeared and said 'your pizza is in the oven' I called her over and said we hadn't finished ordering and told her what else we wanted. She didn't apologise or seem interested. The food eventually arrived and it was a pesto and onion pizza, not pepperoni. The lady also couldn't give us a bill or receipt as apparently their machine wasn't working. We paid for the overpriced food (which there was supposed to be a special offer on, but we didn't get it) then went back to our room. We had to get an adaptor from reception too which was 20 euro deposit, the lady who gave us it was the most rude person I've ever come across in my life. She couldn't even answer our quesitons with words, just a shake of the head. My advice is this place is ok to stay if you don't need to interact with staff as it will just ruin your stay. This has put me off staying in another Ibis hotel again, and I will be complaining further as it was just unnacceptable. Hope this helps!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DASD2013
EllenCar, Responsable relations publiques at Ibis Brussels City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

We thank you for having taken the time to write to us following your stay at ibis Brussels City Centrum Ste Catherine.

You have a lukewarm memory of your stay and you rightly highlighted certain insufficiencies in the service that was provided to you, and I have been made aware of them. I assure you that we are sorry and we present our sincerest apologies for this unpleasant experience.

I attach considerable importance to correcting our mistakes, in order to improve the quality and you satisfaction.
If you agree to give me your e mail adress, I will discuss the matter directly with you and provide you with the most pertinent answers.

Kind regards
Martens Kevin
Kevin.martens@accor.com

Reviewed January 7, 2014

For once I let my good friend Richard sort the Hotel out. Our New Year break was a combination of trains, food & drink. We are both enthusiasts of all 3 components - perhaps especially the Belgian Beer - the best in the world - much as I love my British Real Ale. For whatever reason, Rich got a very good deal which worked out at about 25e a night - that is what I call value for money. I refused to pay 14e for breakfast - I think that is grossly over-priced. I have a small appetite so the fact that it is an unlimited buffet has no attraction to me. This IBIS is about 12-15 minutes walk from Brussels Central Station - fine when it is dry! There are many local bars and restaurants nearby so food and drink are easily available. The Grande Place is also only a few minutes walk away - and it is on the flat - it is the last hike up to the Station which tires my legs out! The room and the bathroom were not too large but more than adequate - after all, it is only a place to sleep and get ready for the next morning. It was very well appointed and very clean and tidy. The Reception Staff were all excellent, friendly, efficient and well versed in speaking English - perfect for a man with little linguistic skills. The only disappointment was no hand towels - just bath towels. Apart from that - I would truly recommend this IBIS. If only they would reduce the price of their breakfasts, I would spend more. Another plus was the selection of Belgian Beers at the Bar - not something you expect in a large Hotel chain. Excellent!

Room Tip: We had Room 225 which did not overlook a road so it was nice and quiet. The rear is certainly better...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
EllenCar, Responsable relations clients at Ibis Brussels City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear Reviewer,

We highly appreciate the time you have taken to post your positive review on this forum.

My staff and I are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

This is a mixed review.
This is an excellent location, right in the centre, not far from the main square. Close to the metro link.

It's in quite a busy area, so it can be a little noisy if you need the window open. (The air conditioning isn't that good, so I imagine the summer will
Be be either really stuffy or loud)

The room itself was quite small, compact and basic.
There are no other amenities, tv, bathroom... Wifi, that's as much as you get.

The bed was very comfortable, I'd give that alone 5 stars.

Pretty clean, although the recycling was left (I assume they wanted it either in the bin, or not collect it) and even though I put the notice saying I didn't mind reusing my towels, they replaced them anyway!

Now... On to the service.

A couple of the front desk staff were rude and miserable, a couple really nice.

The bar man was a rude arrogant man. Very unhelpful.
There was a really lovely black woman behind the bar who was exceptionally helpful and friendly.

So all in all.... Mixed!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience at our hotel on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Stayed for four nights over new year.

Thought the hotel location was excellent, takes 7 minutes to get to grand place and has a metro stop about 2 minutes away so really easy to get around. The hotel is in a lovely square surrounded by restaurants and bars. As we stayed over new year we were lucky enough to have the Christmas markets in the square with a nice rink etc! Location wise it's a perfect choice.

The actual hotel was nothing special though, very small rooms with tiny bathrooms. But it did have a very comfy bed and the wifi worked well. I thought the rooms were clean and modern, but for the price you would expect better facilities like room service and a minibar. If you can get the room for a reasonable price don't hesitate booking, but if you prefer a bit more luxury then look elsewhere!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
EllenCar, Responsable relations clients at Ibis Brussels City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Me and the team are looking forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

It was my third visit at this ibis!This hotel is perfectly situated: a 5mins walk fron grand place,2mins from the tube,10mins from rue neuve (shopping district) not to mention the numerous restaurants around including the must try nordzee for typical belgian light lunch!rooms are small indeed (as in most ibis) but beds are very comfortable and wide enough.basic ibis furnishment but enough storage space for a 3-4days city break!the common rooms are renovated and feel very modern.breakfast offers a good selection of french/english breakfast choices!so if you get a rate between 70-100€ its a great deal for brussels!otherwise (if the price difference is like 20-30€) you may as well consider the next door novotel which offers more modern and posh rooms;-)

• Stayed: December 2013
GMIbisBXLcity, Directeur général at Ibis Brussels City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

My team and I look forward to having the pleasure in welcoming you back for a return visit!

Kind Regards,