“Great Hotel.”

Ibis Brussels off Grand Place
Ranked #42 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I spent last weekend at this spotlessly clean & welcoming hotel. Just situated off the Grand Place, bars & restaurants abound nearby! You literally are in the middle of vibrant city life.
I was on the 4th floor, spotlessly clean room, with a very comfortable bed & a well lit bathroom, with hairdryer in situ.
A good selection of hot (bacon, sausages, beans, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, etc) & cold buffet (meats, cheeses, fruit, cereals etc) style breakfast....06.00-11.00 on the weekends.
A well appointed bar on site, similar prices in line with the other bars in the location!
I travelled with "Cresta Holidays" on a package using 'Eurostar', cost me £356....well worth it for a 3 night weekend break at this hotel!!
I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to fellow travellers.....clean, comfortable, aircon in rooms, good selection of buffet breakfast & in a very good location!

Room Tip: Quite quiet on the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank MedicBridgend
Pascal A, Gérant at Ibis Brussels off Grand Place, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

All of us at Ibis Brussels Off Grand' Place would like to offer our sincere thanks for your delightful review. We hope to welcome you back with us in the near future.
Kind regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (3,001)

Reviewed April 9, 2014

We booked the Ibis for a 3 days business trip; location is great , easy access to public transport and also to a quick dinner in the evening. the lobby and breakfast area are sleek and modern, wood details, designer chairs, a pleasant atmosphere. unfortunately it ends when you step out of the elevators on each floor everything else is just ibis standard. Rooms are small, but very clean; the linoleum floors in the bathrooms give a cheap touch - tiles would make a difference. I had a room on the 3rd floor facing the agora market, beautiful view from the desk any time of the day and night. No problem with the noise from outside. Altogether a good hotel, will probably return given its convenient location.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank CristinaDK

Thank you very much for your positive comments on tripadvisor.
It was a pleasure to serve you at Ibis Brussels Off Grand' Place and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Kindest regards,

An Accor traveler
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed April 7, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank An Accor traveler

Reviewed April 4, 2014

We stayed in the hotel for 2 days during our vacation to Brussels. Our room were in the right corner which I could see the Marché De l'Agora and the city hall clearly. The hotel is easily reach by central train station and in walking distance to Brussels historical grand place, Manneken Pis, and many restaurants at rue des Bouchers.
The room was clean, bathroom is large compare to other Ibis hotel we have been visited.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Annie89302

We are pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel. It is encouraging as our guest’s satisfaction is our primary concern.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I had booked a room for three people but was not happy with the room. One small window and the room smelt of sewage. I ask reception if it was possible to change rooms. Another lady help me and was willing to assist but when the first person realized what I was requesting she shout at her in French which I could not understand and she said they cannot help me further. As a Accor loyalty member I find it really poor!!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Supermoe23

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback on the site of tripadvisor. It is with sincere regret that we note your dissatisfaction with our service at the reception desk. would like to offer my sincere apologies.Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Ibis is a perfect site to visit the city center. it is clean and comfortable. The size of the room is not so big but enough for a nice stay. Some noise some time from the other room, it seems not so isolated. Easily reachable by train, the tunnel from the Brussels Central Station is 100mt from the hotel, so you can reach it directly from the airport without any problem and without using taxi. Really close to Brussels main square.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Brussels Off Grand Place. We are delighted to read that you recomand our hotel as the perfect site to visit Brussels.

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

When I first thought of Brussels I wasn't convinced, but I went for it and still was unsure getting on the plane. When we arrived though I completely changed my mind and we are already making plans to go again.

The train station is under the airport and so easy to navigate. All the trains were on time and very clean. It was then just a 2 minute walk to our hotel.

I was surprised at just how central the hotel was. It was basic but also ideal as realistically apart from sleeping and washing you don't spend that much time in your room. The breakfast at the hotel was tasty and a good variety of hot and cold although the bacon was the crispy streaky type which doesn't suit everyone.

The scrambled eggs were delicious. I usually avoid eggs abroad but I had them daily here as they were really tasty. Hotel staff all speak English and very pleasant and helpful. Rooms were spotless, beds were comfy and plenty of room. I've read reviews saying the rooms were small but we didn't think the one we had was small at all, it was a good size. Room 319. The bath was a little small but that's my only complaint.

Hotel bar was clean, tidy and well run. The beer prices were as good as all the local pubs and restaurants which on average was about 5 Euros for 50cl. My glass of Cointreau was a shocking 7 Euros though so I stuck to fizzy pop mostly. The majority of bars will give you nibbles such as crisps and nuts for free, tips are appreciated but not asked for which is nice.

The area was amazing, hotel very well placed for everything really. Beautiful old building, lots of history, very very clean and friendly places. We felt very safe walking around at night and the locals helped us with our French.

The food was to die for wherever we went. I have to mention restaurant Vincent.... There are no words to describe the steak here apart from unmissable. Slightly more expensive but a genuine, authentic and rustic restaurant. Busy busy busy and I can understand why now I've eaten there.

I wouldn't say we had any bargains or found anything cheap, but it wasn't as expensive as I imagined either. You can find everything from fascinating supermarkets, McDonald's and Starbucks through to Rolex, posh chocolate and antique shops. Such a variety and a fascinating place to walk round.

I was a little disappointed with Mannequin Pis as it was a lot smaller than expected but at least we can say we saw it. I just didn't really get it?

All in all a fantastic trip and I would recommend as it was a good deal, excellent value for money, clean, tidy, easy and quick to get to from UK. We are going back!!!

If you want a good clean 3 star hotel then this is perfect as it has enough to wake you up with a nice brekkie and put you to bed with a nice drink, just nothing for in the day like a pool or other amenities. Good wi-fi though and safe.

Ideal place to shop for unique items, sight see, learn, practice your French, try the nicest chips ever, eat delicious food, try some new beers and watch the world go by. We both have busy stressful jobs, and this was the perfect place to wind down and chill while still doing enough to keep you entertained each day.

We Brussles. Merci et bon voyage!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KirstyNigelCurtis

May I begin by thanking you for your review on TripAdvisor. Your comments are very important to us as they allow us to maintain the high standards of quality, service and comfort for which Ibis Brussels Off Grand' Place is renowned. I was delighted to read your comments and I will share them with my team. We really hope that you will choose our hotel again for your next visit to Brussels.