“Comfortable and clean”

Ibis Brussels off Grand Place
Ranked #44 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
GreenLeadersBronze level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

For anyone who is familiar with the Ibis brand hotels, this one is no different. The hotel was basic, has smaller rooms, but a decent sized bathroom. The rooms were clean and fairly quiet (there was a little street noise on New Years Eve, as expected). The staff was very friendly and accommodating. They allowed us to check in early even though we arrived with no reservation. What puts this hotel above the rest is it's fantastic location just one block from the Grand Place and one block from the Central train station. Considering the location, the value for the price paid can't be beat. We had to unexpectedly spend an additional night in Brussels after a canceled flight and had no second thoughts about coming back to this very nice hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Pascal A, Gérant at Ibis Brussels off Grand Place, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
I would like to start by thanking you for taking the time to write a review of Ibis Brussels Off Grand Place on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you were satisfied with the location and the service provided by the hotel. I will share your comments with our team.
Egham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Great location, a couple of minutes to Grand Place and Central Station. Reception very helpful on check in but was busy and flustered on check out. Minimal noise despite central location. Room small with restricted hanging and storage but fine for a night or two. Very good overbath shower although some ugly stains on wall and bath. Comfortable bed. Good tv. Very good buffet breakfast, maybe a little steep at Euro 14.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your comments, I will discuss them with the team and our head of departments.
Yorkshire UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights. Location couldn't be any better. Right next to Grand Place and the Central Station. Arrived on an early flight and although check in wasn't supposed to be till 2pm they let us check in at 11am without any problems and were friendly and pleasant.

Rooms were quite small but clean and more than adequate, bathroom was fine. Didn't use the restaurant in the hotel but it looked nice enough.

Overall would not have a problem booking this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Pascal A, Gérant at Ibis Brussels off Grand Place, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Thank you very much for your positive comments. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.
Mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

A minute’s walk from the Grand Place and the Brussels Central station, this hotel made us glad. I stayed here with my wife for 10 days and we had a great time, mostly thanks to the fantastic location. A quick and easy walk from the Brussels central station means you are never far from going all around Belgium, so this hotel can act as your base for trips across the country.
Since the hotel is so near the Grand Place, the most popular tourist place in Brussels, it is the perfect location. One moment you are resting in you room, the next, you are in a busy area full of restaurants, pubs and shopping options. So, you break no sweat going out, neither do you have to travel to get to the places of tourist interest.
The rooms are small but have a great bed. The downside was that there was not too much space to move around or store your luggage. Since it was a long trip, we had carried three bags and were really struggling to keep our stuff in the room. The bathrooms, though, are decently-sized, so, no problem there.
The check-in was quick, which has always impressed me at Ibis even in the past in other European countries. The reception is always ready to help.
It’s a great place for a great price. We loved it.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the square
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NarendraMumbai
Pascal A, Gérant at Ibis Brussels off Grand Place, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
I was delighted to read your comments aswe are most concerned with the satisfaction of our guests and your feedback is of great value to us. I will share your comments with the team, this will motivate them to keep up the good service. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.
Florianopolis, SC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

I stayed at Ibis with my family from 5th to 8th January. The loccation is great, clean hotel and nice breakfast for 14 euros per person. I left the hotel on the 8th around 12o´clock and as soon as I arrived in London I realised I had left my cellphone in the room. I called to the hotel the same night and a girl with very poor english couldn´t understand me and hang off the phone while I was talking. I think that was very rude. The morning after I called again, then I talk to a boy recepcionist with better english who gave me an email adress to write to. So I did. And got an answer from the Hotel manager that my phone wasn´t found. I am 100% sure that I left my phone there. It´s a pity, they lost a client and a good recommendation at my travel blog.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank gabriele746
Thank you very much for your comments about your stay in our hotel. We truly regret that after a good stay in our hotel you discovered that your phone was lost. We follow strict procedures concerning lost objects and I spoke to the persons who were in contact with you by phone and e-mail and the girl who cleaned the room. I'm convinced that if the phone was left in the room this would be directly reported at the responsable. Again we are sorry that your phone was not found in the room.