“Next to Novetal and best western”

Ibis Brussels off Grand Place
Ranked #42 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Brilliant location. Just few steps away from smurf museum. Less than 5 mins walk to grand place. Just located 3 mins from central station. From central atation. Get out to the main exist. U will see le meridien hotel. From le meridien hotel. Turn to your right hand side. Walk further down then u will see ibis hotel.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Pascal A, Gérant at Ibis Brussels off Grand Place, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Thank you for your comments!
All the best and we hope to see you again when travel brings you back to Brussels.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,997)

Reviewed November 2, 2013

The hotel couldn't be in a better location. A few minutes walk from Brussels Central station in one direction and a few minutes walk to the Grand Place in the other. For those who have commented that it was noisy when the windows were open - what do you expect?! The hotel is in central Brussels! The windows are excellently soundproofed ensuring a peaceful nights sleep, the air conditioning keeps the room nice and cool so there is no real need to be opening windows.

Overall the room was fantastic value for money. It was a good size and spotlessly clean. I had a great nights sleep and my girlfriend and I felt very welcomed by the friendly staff. Only two negatives I could find were that the towels could indeed do with replacing and I would advise to avoid paying the additional 14 Euros for breakfast (a cafe just over the road offers a delicious continental breakfast for 2 Euros before 11am).

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SophieeeSoph

We would like to express our appreciation to you for your comment on tripadvisor. It was a pleasure to read that you were pleased with the services provided by the hotel. I will check your comment on the towels with our housekeeping team.
We hope we can welcome you again in the future.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Seems to me you are either an Ibis person or not ... This hotel is well situated, but so are others on this central square. Reception staff are efficient, helpful and friendly. Room was clean, very small and spartan. No added frills. Bed would have been comfortable were it not for the constant noise at night, mainly from within the hotel itself. Effective glazing kept all but the worst street noise out. However, when there are about twenty-four small rooms on a corridor, that means twenty-four slamming doors, not to mention all the rooms above and below! Uncovered floors mean constant tapping footsteps. This hotel tells guests it is "soundproofed". This is a claim no hotel should make! Our two nights' stay made us appreciate what life would be like in a prison cell! Sorry, I am not an Ibis person.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side street.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

I was delighted to read that you appreciated the location and the servive provided by the hotel.
I also deeply regret that you were bottered by the noise in the corridors and the other rooms. I indeed think that no hotel can say that they are soundproofed and I'm sorry if somebody of the hotel claimed this. We do have an extra door between the bedroom and the hallway/bathroom, if clients close this door, it will stop most of the noise.
We hope we can better serve you on your next visit.
Kind regards,

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I used this hotel as a transit base between Paris and Ieper in Belgium and stayed 2 nights a week apart. On booking before I travelled I requested a quiet room to recover from 28 hours of travel. The room was quiet and clean, double glazed windows help keep the outside noise barley noticeable. Breakfast offered a wide range to suit most people and the only complaint I have is the space was overheated. Within easy walking distance to Central Station, the Grand Square and plenty of cafes and restaurants to choose from. I found the staff helpful to all my enquiries, polite and professional in their appearance and customer service manner. I would stay here again and can recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank scootercb
Pascal A, Gérant at Ibis Brussels off Grand Place, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback.
Your invaluable comments are very important to us as they allow us to maintain the high standards of quality, service and comfort for which Ibis is renowned

Reviewed October 27, 2013

my husband, brother and I stayed at this hotel in May and the location was excellent- we could see the main square from our room- it was a short walk to the old part of town- and a short walk to the main station. the staff were average- polite but didn't go out of their way to help me when I needed it. The rooms were clean and tidy and the beds comfortable, the bathrooms clean. The breakfast was a large selection of pretty much everything and was quite delicious. I would stay here again because the location was great.

Room Tip: ask for a room that faces the main square
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel as your accommodation choice during your recent visit to Brussels. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you again.
Kind regards,

Reviewed October 26, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed October 23, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Hande S
Pascal A, Gérant at Ibis Brussels off Grand Place, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013