Ibis Brussels off Grand Place
    Good 3.5/5
    Le Dixseptieme(Brussels)
    Warwick Brussels(Brussels)
    3,060 results
    All reviewscentral stationgreat locationrooms are smallsmall squareyour luggagetriple roomgare centralerestaurants and shopsminute walkgrand palacebuffet breakfastthe air conditioningshort staybed was very comfortableyogurtnoisecentre
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed 1 night in Brussels Ibis off Grand Place in December. It was located minutes walk from the rail station. Right in the market place and within 5mins walk to the Grand-Place. Very strategic location. Service from the frontdesk were friendly and check in was swift.

Room was comfortable for 2 persons and the bed is comfortable. The bathroom comes with a small bathtub but the TV looks a bit traditional. Though we were facing the direction to the market place, except for some rowdy noise from the drinkers, the night was quiet and peaceful.

The only con side about the hotel was there was no free luggage depository offered from the hotel. There was the payable closets beside the breakfast area and can be quite costly.:(

Overall, a pleasant stay and experience with Ibis. Will consider to return to stay again next time in Brussels. Recommended for couples and backpackers.

Room Tip: Request for high floors facing the market where you can see the La Grand-Place.
    Reviewed January 21, 2013

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I went to this hotel with great expectations, and only for one night on my way to Lyon, in order to meet with my Belgian friends. It is in such an amazing location; no regrets from that point of view. However, there is absolutely no indication out of the train station from the airport as to where Grasmarkt is (not the fault of the hotel, but upsetting). So, you have to walk around and ask.

I arrived early and they were generous enough to give me a room with 2 beds. You will not believe this, one of the beds was stuck from wall to wall (not one inch of clearance) in such a way that the only way to get in the room was to jump over one the beds! With bags?

I came down again and managed to wait a little while and get a room with a single bed, sleep, woke up and wanted to go to dinner with Belgian friends. In the bathroom there were corrugated wallpaper and previous guest had (I am disgusted to say that) cleaned their noses and left the boogers on the wall. I left for dinner, walked to the front desk and told them the story. I came back 3 hours later, my bathroom walls were half-cleaned. Too late to change rooms, but not too late to say that I do not mind in the future paying a little bit more, but I will never ever again stay at the Ibis Brussels off Grand Place.

I have to admit that my idea of Ibis Hotels was different up to that point, as I stayed 4 times in Ibis Ambassador, in downtown Seoul near CoEx, and have been not only pleased, but "impressed" with the maintenance and with the restaurant.

Room Tip: I cannot state that all rooms with double beds resemble exactly the one that I was given (one bed, but in general Ibis Hotels are for single people, they are too small for a couple.
    • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
    2  Thank TravelGalore
    Reviewed January 12, 2013

We went to Brussels a week for Christmas in 2012 to sample the yuletide festive season in Belgium. We booked the Ibis off Grand Place and did not know what to expect until we arrived. It was about 10 minutes taxi ride from the Central Station. On arrival, the check in was quick and we were given a room on the 1st floor. There is a lift, small bar, and a dining room where breakfast is served. There is quite a good selection for breakfast - there is fruit juices, cereal, cold meat and yogurt, varieties of bread, bacon, sausages, and scrambled egg.

The room is not big but adequate, clean and comfortable. We had no complaint and definitely made a good choice.

The location is fantastic, within walking distances to the Grand Place, restaurants and shops.

There was a Christmas market near the Grand Place and a bigger one st St Catherine's square with an ice skating rink and Big Wheel. (Note: we were there in December so the Christmas market was there).

We had a nice time in Brussels. There is plenty of seafood, Belgium beers and wait....... chocolate! We have not seen so many chocolateries in one place. It is almost heaven for chocolates lovers. They are so yummy and delicious and so many varieties.

We will definitely stay at the Ibis again when next in Brussels.

The Wise Ones
    17/12/2012

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Well, I wish i could tell you about this hotel, but I didn't have a chance to stay as they had double booked my room, despite email communications about my late arrival time, which they were fine with.
    I arrived at 12 midnight, and got shipped off in a taxi to another hotel. No apologies.
    Looked like a good hotel, chosen because of reviews and location. The hotel I stayed at was in the wrong location for me and wasn't the best review wise.

Room Tip: Check your reservation before arriving.
    • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo