“Ok, but not more and expensive”

Four Points by Sheraton Brussels
Ranked #71 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Lauderdale by the Sea, Florida
“Ok, but not more and expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

Stayed two nights in november 2013. I choosed Four Points mostly because of location and thought it might be a good choice. I have stayed at Sheraton in many citys, also in Brussels and was satisfied, but Four Points is something else. Ok, rooms and clean. But sort of runned down and when it comes to price, it´s to expensive . Entrance on a little back street, close to Avenue Lousise, and I had hard to find it without a map or gps. Anyway, to summarize, there is cheaper and even better hotels for the price I paid.

1 Thank fangatau
AartNiemans, Hotel Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Brussels, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear fangatau,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

I regret that your experience at your recent stay was less than expected, however I am grateful for the opportunity to become aware of our shortcomings so that we can do better next time. I am happy you were satisfied with the location and cleanliness of the hotel.

Recognizing the fact that you felt your room felt runned down, you will be interested to know that we have been able to upgrade many areas in the hotel over the past years and will continue to do so in the future.

In closing I want to thank you once again for your feedback and I hope to welcome you back at Four Points Brussels.

With kind regards,
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Cyprus
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

This hotel is fine, but it's certainly not as luxurious as its name might indicate. Overall it was a positive experience, with a nice room, good bed, pretty good breakfast. Nevertheless, for its price (~120 euros / weekday) I was expecting something better. I believe you can find similar and cheaper hotel rooms in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
AartNiemans, Hotel Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Brussels, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Nearchos P,

Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor. It was a pleasure having you as our guest. I am happy you rated the majority of your experience as 4 out of 5. I am sorry that we could not live up to your expectations though.

As Four Points we strive for uncomplicated comfort with the main focus on having the basics done right (the first time). Spacious rooms, a signature bed and a great breakfast with a chef to prepare your favourite hot items are great examples of items we find important to focus on, again and again.

I truly hope we will be welcoming you back any time soon.

With kind regards.
Northallerton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Not a bad hotel but nothing outstanding either. The room I had was large enough with a large TV and a reclining armchair. The TV has a decent range of TV channels. The bathroom was bit small with not a lot of room between the toilet and the wall. Bath is small and the shower is an above the bath arrangement.
The double glazing is not very good so there is a fair amount of road noise from outside.
Charging for Internet use seems somewhat mercenary.

Housekeeping standards could be better: carpet not very clean and the bottle of water provided had been used by a previous occupant. Desk staff uninterested when I mentioned this wehn checking out.

The main issue I had was the price of the breakfast. The usual buffet style with a few hot dishes and some other bits and pieces. Definitely not worth the 20 Euros they charge for it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the road
1 Thank Hepatacyte
AartNiemans, Hotel Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Brussels, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Hepatacyte,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to read that we could not impress you while staying with us however I am grateful for the opportunity to become aware of our shortcomings so that we can do better next time. I am especially sorry about the housekeeping notes. This has been addressed internally but nevertheless, my apologies as this should not have happened.

We have taken all your comments on board and will refer to these as we continue to improve our product and service offering. I do hope to welcome you back with us.

With kind regards,
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed here with a group of friends for 3 nights. The guest room consisted of 2 twin beds which looked larger than your average single bed and was extremely comfortable. Our room 321 was situated on the third floor and faced the front of the hotel, which if you are a light sleeper could be a little noisy during the nights and early mornings with sounds of the trams, vehicles and emergency sirens one night.

The reception staff were polite and professional at all times and the area though small is clean and adequate for purpose. There is a small sitting area in reception and a dining area around the corner for breakfast/dinner. We were on a room only basis so cannot comment on the food. A few people in the party used the gym and sauna and returned the following day so it must have been good albeit small.

There is a corner shop across the road from the hotel which is handy for fruit juices in the mornings as well as other drinks and snacks.

The portions served in the restaurants are huge so don’t order too much unless you have a big appetite.

I enjoyed my stay at Four Points by Sheraton in Brussels and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Countrygirl63
Dear Countrygirl63,

Thank you for your kind review on Tripadvisor. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to welcome you back anytime!

Treviglio, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

the hotel is strategically located in Avenue Louise, neighborhood of Ixelles/Elsene, yet far away from traffic and noise. Spacious rooms and a very comfortable bed make it a very relaxing stay. Staff, from reception, to barman and cleaning lady are very thoughtfull, kind and professional. Even the fresh-new employee Sean at the reception had already soaked up the spirit of the group.
Only two minus. First, I personally never had much confidence on carpet cleaning, even if it looks execellent as in this case. Second, an absolutely major concern was with internet connection in my camera. It simply did'nt worked, so 10 euros completely trashed away.

Room Tip: ask to reception a room with good internet signal.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Oscarnaf,

Thank you for sharing you experience around your stay with us on Tripadvisor. I am truly happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I passed on the message to Sean that you noted him in particular and he was truly proud to have done a good job, thank you for this recognition.

Hope to welcome you back anytime!

The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

I spent 3 nights for a business reason in this hotel, which is a street from Avenue Louiza, a cosy place in Brussels, although not in the city centre, but quite close. It is very easy to get to the hotel, actually I got off the metro station and just walked about 10-12 mins on Av. Louiza.
Check in was very quick and I was convinced by the front desk to join the Starwood Preferred Guest programme. My room on the first floor was quite large, although had a bit strange layout, as part of the bathroom (sink and mirror) was located in the room... The other downside was that the room was a bit dark as it faced the inner part, but the were plenty of local lights in the room so it was not really a problem. On that note, there could have been a bit more light in the bathroom, too....
I liked the lazyboy chair, it was very comfortable for viewing the large flatscreen TV.
Sleep quality was good, except early in the morning when the cleaners started to operate their storage room right by my room....otherwise the kingsize bed was very comfortable.
I never had breakfast in the hotel as I comsided to be a bit too pricey, and since within a few meters of the hotel there were a number of places to have croissants and other goods for cheaper.
I had once a dinner in the hotel restaurant, and it was okay, nothing spectacular but decent food, on the expected price. On other evenings I had dinner in the Irish pub/restaurant just across the Louiza (2 mins from the hotel) and it was a nice place with good prices and evening programmes.
Others have written about the wi-fi, my advice is to have a drink in the bar by the lobby, so it works there well for free, and you can have some good drinks, too...
In general I found the service of the hotel staff very good (a bit less noise by the cleaning staff in the mornings, please...), and the overall price as good, reflecting value - especially amongst the crazy hotel prices that you frequently see in Brussels.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Reading
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

This hotel is well situated, is well run and has very comfortable rooms with decent breakfasts. They also offer an option not have your room cleaned every day in return for €5 towards cafe/bar bill. Staff welcoming and helpful

Room Tip: Take a room facing the back and ask for a quiet room, they seem eager to please
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
AartNiemans, Hotel Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Brussels, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Victoria02,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor! I am extremely happy you enjoyed your stay with us and yes, we do want to please our guests :-) !

Additionally, I would like to agree with you on our full breakfast buffet being a great start of your day. Breakfast is being either a leisure or a business guest an essential part of your day!

Hope you to greet you again while visiting Brussels again,