Four Points by Sheraton Brussels
  • Restaurant
Hotel Brussels(Brussels)
Zoom Hotel Brussels(Brussels)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsavenue louiseplace flageytram stopplatinum membercity centrenice hotelfourth floorfree wififitness centerside streetcomfortable bedhotel is locatedcomfortable staythe room was nicegare du midiquiet streetbusiness hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is no top hotel, however compared to other hotels in Brussels it is quite good.
The rooms are small, but not too small and they are functional. The furnitures are a little bit old. Everything is clean. It is a convenient hotel for a business trip.
I liked the restaurant, where I had dinner twice.
The garage was a no go for me. The entrance is so small, that it is almost impossible to enter with anything else than a very small car.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
AartNiemans, Hotel Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Hi Dini646,

Thank you for taking some of your valuable time to share your experience on Tripadvisor and thank you that you rate us as quite good! Following the Belgian natural love for food, we take pride in our restaurant offering every day. For breakfast, lunch and dinner!

Once again a big thank you & I hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was exactly as we expected. The hotel is a good location for shopping on Avenue Louise. It is a bit of a walk from the Grand Place though so it depends what you want to be near. The metro station Louise is 10 mins walk away and the Eurostar terminal is 10 mins by taxi (10-12euros). We did not book to have breakfast at the hotel as it was 20 euros per person per day! I'm not sure how they justify that cost, but there are plenty of cafes nearby and you can get a good breakfast for easily half that price. The only thing that I would say is the toilet smelt like a mens public loo which was unpleasant. It looked very clean, but I suspect it had not had a decent deep clean with bleach in a while. But overall this was a very positive experience and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Jane W,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. I am happy to remember your stay as a positive experience! I have shared your comments around the toilets with our housekeeper to follow up. We take pride in our cleanliness and attention to detail, but this occassion we definately have missed. I am sorry for that.

In closing Jane W, thank you again for sharing & I hope to welcome you back at the Four Points Brussels.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Just returned from a memorable long weekend break in Brussels - a group of sixteen friends decided to visit Brussels via Eurostar and we found this Sheraton hotel at an amazing bargain price. Although the hotel is a few minutes away from the bustle of the Grand Place area it is centrally located and transport via taxi, bus and metro is close by.
The hotel is fine in all respects....courteous, pleasant and most helpful reception staff make every effort to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable; recommending nearby attractions and restaurants with expert local knowledge. The hotel's bedrooms are comfortably furnished, of reasonable size and spotlessly clean. We found the air conditioning extremely welcome during spells of warm weather. A good value buffet style breakfast is available and there are several other
eateries within easy walking distance. I would happily return to 4 Points Sheraton and readily endorse this hotel to readers!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear dennymenny,

Thank you for sharing your experience on tripadvisor!

I will definitely share with the team that you especially enjoyed the courteous, pleasant and most helpful reception staff that made every effort to make your stay comfortable . Those are kind words, thank you.

Hope to welcome you back anytime soon!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

This hotel was below our expectations. The decor and the rooms are dated, however it is very clean and the location is fine as well. The bed was very comfortable but the design of the room is a bit strange - the wash basin is outside the washroom, and if someone wakes up at night to go to the washroom, the light in the room switches on as well.

The walls are a bit thin, so we were woken up a few times. We had a booked a standard room and the one we were assigned was facing the street and was quite loud. We asked to have the room changed and were upgraded to an executive room - which was the same just a bit bigger and not facing the street.

The staff is quite nice in general. The breakfast is not worth the extra cost.

I suppose this hotel is fine for a quick stay or a business trip.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the garden and not the street!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
AartNiemans, Hotel Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Brussels, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear ottawanian,

Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your interactions with our associates.

I am so sorry to learn that we did manage to make you feel at home. Based upon your feedback we are reviewing the light situation in the bathrooms in order not disturb the second occupant in the room if the other is using the washroom. Thank you for your feedback around that topic!

Thank you again for taking the time to write these comments. We hope to welcome you again to the Four Points by Sheraton Brussels when you may be assured of our very best attention and service to ensure you enjoy a successful and memorable stay.

With kind regards,

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I stayed here for a night while on my first ever trip to Europe just before returning home.

For those expecting a modern Four Points hotel like many of the ones in the US and Canada this place will certainly disappoint.  It's rather old and it more or less reminded me of a few substandard Radissons I've stayed at.

The rooms, while clean, are very out of date compared to many other Four Points properties.

First of all, avoid the second floor at all costs. I was initially assigned room 206, which was obviously a former smoking room.  It smelled very bad and I just couldn't stay there.  Why an SPG Gold member (or anyone for that matter) would be assigned this room is beyond me because it was truly unbearable.  I also couldn't keep the window open because it opened out onto a roof and anyone who could access this roof could easily get in through the window if it was open.

I asked for a room change and was moved to room 426 which was a slight improvement as it did not smell bad and I could actually leave the window open.

This hotel has paper thin walls. I could hear every word of a conversation that was taking place in the next room.

The beds are rock hard and are most certainly not up to Four Points standards as I'm used to. This might be good for some but it wasn't quite what I was expecting.

The towels could use some fabric softener.

The best part of this hotel is the fitness area on the top floor. Excellent workout area and great showers.

Internet, although of a decent speed, wasn't free unlike all Four Points properties in the US and Canada, and it's very very expensive unless you are SPG Gold or Platinum, in which case you can get it for free as one of your benefits - thankfully I'm SPG Gold and so it was free. Internet went down in the rooms for an 'update' for several hours (without warning) although the free lobby Internet still worked.  Strange that this update wouldn't take place sometime during the middle of the night.

Didn't eat at the restaurant so I can't comment on that.

There is a very good grocery store a few blocks away as well as several cafes and restaurants in the area.

I will note that the staff were very helpful.

Overall, not the worst Four Points I've been to but most certainly not the best. If you're looking for luxury you might want to go to one of the other Starwood properties around town. Hopefully they will renovate this place soon and bring it up to the Four Points standards I'm used to.

Would I return?  Probably not.

Room Tip: Make sure it's not on the second floor!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Dear Mr. Walshe,

Thank you for review on Tripadvisor. I kindly refer to the email exchange we had prior to your stay in January and the correspondence after.

Your sincerely,