“Ok hotel, not 4 star”

Four Points by Sheraton Brussels
Ranked #71 of 198 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We flew into Brussels for the Belgian F1 Grand Prix and stayed at this hotel. Rooms are definitely not 4 star (in our room the sink/ wash basin was in the room, not in the bathroom which created a strange atmosphere in the room). Good location, lots of good restaurants within walking distance (local, italin, thai). Very nIce breakfast. Hotel underground parking is very narrow, luckily our rental was small!

• Stayed: September 2012
There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Brussels

Reviewed November 2, 2012

This hotel boasts an excellent location, a short walk from Flagey & Place Fernand Cocq & Avenue Louise. Be prepared for an extremely tight car park. The rooms are comfortable, clean & well furnished with A/C as standard. Wi-Fi is available. The bar off the Reception area is small but functional, ideal for a pre dinner drink whilst awaiting your taxi, but otherwise not very charming. The breakfast option is to BE AVOIDED on cost basis alone. Staff at reception are friendly and very willing to assist in even the smallest matter, a welcome departure from the frosty reception usually afforded the visitor to city hotels. The hotel is located in a quiet street, but only minutes away from bustling Ixelles centre. Stated room rates are often open to negotiation, particularly to multi-night or multi-room bookings.

Room Tip: On arrival always ask whether a no-cost / low-cost upgrade is available.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 12, 2012

good value, good location, comfortable. Just off Ave. Louise, 4* comfort, we got it for I think for less than 80 Euro a night. Beds in particular worth a mention. Breakfast is expensive, go outside. Free wifi. Tight car park!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NjTravel_hound
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I have stayed here several times and always find it consistent in quality and service. It also handy to Flagey where I attended a conference. I arrived in rush hour traffic, 20 euros from Gare Midi eurostar side. I had a great room which was quiet and faced away from the road. I had a lovely dinner watching the cooks prepare it, I can recommend the mussels and frits. Slept very well, good shower and it was nice to get half an hour free internet to check my emails. Would be nice to have free wireless though. Had an early start so did not have breakfast. Near Flagey there is a lovely lake you can walk around as well, about a 10 minute walk down the hill to the lake.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank John K
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We spent two nights in this hotel. I have to say, that you get value for your money. Actually I felt I get more than I expected, thanks mostly to the hotel staff. They provided a nice, welcoming atmosphere, and they were friendly all the time. The hotel and the room itself is well-furbished, the beds are very comfortable. There are soundproof windows, so the outside noise will not disturb. The breakfast was nice, we really had a good meal both mornings. As a negative thing I can say, that occasionally we smelt a little odor in the bathroom, but we did not disturbed the overall good experience of the hotel.
The property does not located centrally, but you can get everywhere by using the public transport.
We really had good experiences at this hotel, I can highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Attila_Balas
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I booked this hotel fairly last minute owing to a mix up with receiving keys to my apartment in Brussels, which meant I had to spend a night in a hotel. I was therefore very pleasantly surprised to see I could get a double room here for £55 (about €70). The hotel was easy to find and very near to a tram station (or a 15 minute walk from Louise Metro station).

For the price, the hotel was excellent. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful throughout and made the stay very pleasant and easy. For example, the offered to store my luggage for free the next day without me having to ask, which was incredibly useful. They all spoke very good English in addition to French.

The room itself was also nice. There are other hotels in Brussels that are fancier, but not at this price. Considering it was only £55, the room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The bed was incredibly comfy - more so than others that you might pay in excess of £100 for.

I also ordered and received (quickly) a room service meal, which was very tasty and cost no more than most other room service meals. I did not take breakfast or use the gym, although both are available.

In short, this is an excellent hotel for the price. Nicer places do exist, but you might pay twice as much (or more) for them. If your budget is more limited, then this is the place to go.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank William W
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I wanted to like this hotel. I really did. As other reviewers have noted, the location isn't idyllic for exploring central Brussels -- but it certainly isn't prohibitive either. I chose to walk from Bruxelles-Midi station, which was 40 minutes and fairly pleasant. The property is located adjacent to Avenue Louizalaan there are plenty of restaurants and shopping options nearby. For groceries, I would suggest the Delhaize right around the corner (5 minutes by foot) or the small Japanese store 'Tazawa' (also a stone's throw away) for authentic sushi and even Japanese whisky which was a joy to find in Western Europe.

Reception was friendly, but preoccupied. Exhausted from a full day of traveling, I checked only a few minutes after 3:00 and was sent right up to my room on the fifth floor. I faced the street and had a decent city view. No noise whatsoever. Booked via Hotwire for a rate of $71 per night plus tax.

The room itself was basically equipped - double bed, antiquated box TV with a decent selection of channels in English and French, semi-stocked mini-bar, iron, and safe. Bathroom was clean, and there were large bottles of squeezable shampoo and soap mounted to the wall in addition to the toiletry items which are traditionally provided. The bathtub was a great size, I am 5'10 and could practically stretch out entirely for a nice soak.

The bed was pretty comfortable, too. Plenty of pillows, and an extra blanket in the closet if you get too cold.

I ventured down to the Garden on the fourth floor for a quick puff and was disappointed at the lack of clear signage on how to access it. For others: you have to go THROUGH a double-doored elevator. I went out around 9PM and there were no lights on so I just smoked in the dark and tried to imagine it was quaint.

In sum, this hotel was no frills and no perks, which doesn't quite gel with me given the reputation of Sheraton Four Points and the price I paid for my room. I want to emphasize that there was no one particular area where the hotel drastically failed to execute … it just lacked shine and personality.

I would encourage the manager of the hotel, who responds to many of the reviews here with rather empty comments, to actually focus on addressing some of the frequent issues aired here on TripAdvisor: 1) adjust your WiFi policies and prices accordingly. It's 2012. Guests expect reliable inexpensive access in their rooms (not the lobby.) If EasyHotel can offer Internet for 3 euro a day, why can't the Sheraton? 2) I am a Starwood Preferred Platinum member and was not so much as asked whether or not I was a member or given any of the entitlements offered through the program. Instead, I received a note slipped under my door in the middle of the night (with a new card) welcoming me to the program. I understand that when booking through Hotwire there is no expectation or guarantee of receiving the benefits of any chain's member program, but I was given the full treatment with my status at Hilton locations in both Cologne and Amsterdam. 3) Please give some thought to upgrading your in-room offerings … small things such as shower robes (for example) go a long way toward improving the overall guest experience and are generally in line with what you might expect at a 4 star hotel in a global capital. 4) If you send up a slip of paper in the middle of the night, offering express check-out and an e-mailed invoice (because of a high volume of expected check-outs the following day), don't you think it would be a good idea to actually send the invoice if your guest obliges?

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business