“Ok for Lunch/Dinner - other than that - stay away!!!”

Bedford Hotel & Congress Centre
Ranked #80 of 198 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed October 23, 2013

where to begin... check-in at 2PM - called the day before requesting early checking (willing to pay extra fee) - told they'd do their best.

Arrived 10AM - no record of request - reminded check in was 2PM.

Asked about a restaurant or lounge - informed restarrant closed at 9:30AM not open for lunch until noon. Lounge? Rrrrright, find a seat in the lobby (dont worry, you'll be in good company with others who cant yet check in either - aka - there will be no room to get anything done while you wait.

had Lunch in restaurant - was quite good - Tomato, Motz Salad, Filet, Tiramisu - Friendly wait staff (note: did not have dinner here - but assume the meal optiosn will be the same).

Got to my room (5th floor) at 2PM - Toilet wouldnt stop running (when i arrived - never even flushed it yet - obviously no one from the staff reported the problem for correction). Their was some sort of buzzing/vibration from within the walls - no way i'd be able to ignore it to sleep. (notice - i walked down the hall and heard it from the hall as i walked down the entire length of the hall (probably 20 rooms worth). NO AC even though the room was nearly 85 degrees - tried to leave window open - street noise is ridiculously loud. No Iron in the room - had to take shirts to front desk and pay for iron service. NO INTERNET IN THE ROOM (at least not at this floor).

Finally fed up with the buzzing, requested a new room. new room on second floor. no toilet issue, no buzzing, internet from lobby sort of works - not well enough for anything productive. Still no AC

Rooms feel run down/cheap.

overall staff not friendly - but its brussels, so what shoudl you expect.

I've traveled alot - i put this in my bottom 3 hotels ever for business/personal travel.

should note - i did not book this hotel - it was booked for me. I'm nearly certain this hotel would never have been booked by me based on what i see anyway...

Room Tip: Rooms at other hotels are best
4  Thank Just-A-Guys-Opinion
There are newer reviews for Bedford Hotel & Congress Centre

Reviewed October 21, 2013

The staff is great: welcoming, helpful and very friendly - no question about it. The lobby made a pretty good impression, the room not so much. the furniture is outdated, so is the décor. Beds are comfortable and the Wi-Fi works to a certain extend - enough to check mail and get directions. As we were hoping to give our eyes a rest from a computer, we have not used it much so we cannot say much about it.
Car park is €15.00 per day and it is at the back of the hotel; location is great; breakfast quite tasty

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2013

The best thing I could say about this hotel is that it is well located and the restaurant is worth a try.

The worst thing was the WiFi which is unbelievably frustrating. First you are required to get a password which is given on a tiny torn off piece of paper then the connection is extremely slow and only available in the hall way and lobby. It was amusing to be constantly stepping over people sitting outside their rooms trying to send messages but how a hotel that advertises to business and conference customers can offer this as a service in shocking.

The reception staff are very unfriendly and not accomodating. I asked the doorman to order me a taxi and he directed me to the main road in the rain to flag one down by myself. I'm baffled as to why they waste money on a doorman that doesn't assist customers with their bags and won't help order cabs either.

I don't ask much from hotels but The Bedofrd managed to deliver less

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 19, 2013

The hotel is huge and oldfashioned in a shabby way. The rooms are very basic and dim. It is clean though, and the breakfast is good. If you need to work in the hotel, don't choose this one. The wifi works only in some spots like in the lobby and the breakfast lounge. It seems that the hotel is doing nothing about improving the situation judging from the previous reviews of the same problem. The hotel can only be recommended for the good value for the location. It is on a walking distance (even with luggage) from the Central and Southern (Midi) stations.

2  Thank saivayrynen
Reviewed October 19, 2013

If you plan to work while staying in your hotel room, go somewhere else. I stayed in this hotel during an Internet -related Conference, and it was a joke. Neither the hotel nor the conference rooms could provide a functioning internet. It was really a pain in the neck. The hotel is old and worn out and need desperately a thorough renovation. It is not conveniently located, about 10 minutes walk both from the Brussels Central and Brussels Midi railway stations. I only choose this because it was the conference hotel and will not go back again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room from the upper floors, if you HAVE to stay in here at all. I stayed in the second...
2  Thank LPekkala
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Bedford Hotel charged us thru booking.com almost 300Euro per night in their so-called Suites which you have to take the passage way from Hotel to those "Suites" walking in the underground parking. As we would like to change our room after seeing what kind of adventure going from the "suite" to the hotel, the crew at the reception kindly took our request and told us that there was no availability for that night, but they would let the following morning's shift know that and try to move us to a normal hotel room. We appreciated and said we would check in the morning again. So we stayed that night. In the morning following breakfast i went to the reception. But they were really extremely busy with check-ins and check-outs. I have waited-good 40mins- till they were available and asked the receptionist, if he got the message from his night-shift colleagues and i got the following response from him; "R" is receptionist.
R :Yes i got it. What is your problem?
Me : We did not like to walk thru underground parking to go to our room and thats why.. i got cut off by him at that point and
R : It was mentioned that you should walk thru parking in the booking.com so by buying it you accepted.
Me : Sorry may be we did not pay attention, one more time he cut me off
R : So what do you want me to do? Do you want me to kick the customer out of a room and put you in??
Me : have you heard me saying that ? If you would be polite enough to listen to me ,one more time he cut me off
R : So are you telling me i am not polite?
Me : If you thing you are being polite then you are really extremely polite.
R : So what do you want?I am fully booked..
Me : If you have told me that at the beginning we could have saved some time. Thanks

I believe, me and my husband are true travellers , but i have to admit i have never this much dissatisfied by a hotel before.
Please look at the picture below before making any reservation.
Ersin

4  Thank Schnitter64
Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Bedford hotel recently during a conference and whilst the conference facilities were good, the rooms on the 4th floor are showing the battle scars of what looks like thousands of visitors - the planned refurbishment is well over due - most of the room furniture is chipped or scraped and it's been such a long time that I have seen a wooden radio by the bed!

Worst point is that there is no internet in the rooms

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business