Bedford Hotel & Congress Centre
$146
$117
Novotel
  • Pool
Ibis Brussels off Grand Place(Brussels)(Great Value!)
$109
$174
Trip.com
  • Room Service
2,841 results
All reviewsthe grand placemanneken piswalking distancegrote marktexcellent locationbit datedmain attractionscold meatscentral locationmidi stationsingle roomcroissantspleasant staycity breakbreakfast roomshort stayvisit brussels
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is a really nice hotel. On the surface, things look a bit dated, and there was a sign saying that the hotel is currently being renovated, but we had a really nice stay there! Most of the staff were really friendly and helpful. The room we stayed in was quite small, but perfect for just a night. There was also a bath in the bathroom, which was just what we needed after quite a long drive. There is a handy car park directly at the back of the hotel that costs up to 20€ for 24 hours, but for what we paid for the room via hotels.com, it was worth the extra. Breakfast was also included in the price, at I thought it was delicious, especially the scrambled eggs! It has a bar, but we were the only ones in there that night. It's a really nice bar, so you should check it out. Location wise, the hotel is just up the road from the Grand Place, so you will be right in the heart of the tourist area. The Atomium is at the other end of the city, so you will need to get a tram or taxi. There is also a police station on the way to Grand Place should you ever need them.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank xxTinker
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Good points
I stopped at the hotel this weekend. I found the hotel to be immaculately clean to a high standard in the hotel rooms and throughout the building. The hotel is a 10 minute walk from the centre of town (Grand Place) and easily accessible to the metro, bars and tourist attractions such as the Manneken Pis.

Bad points
Cannot get Wi-Fi in hotel room which you have to go onto the landing or Reception to access.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I just stayed overnight because I spent a day in Bruxelles. I found that the hotel is not as close to the train station as they advertise on their website. I walked because they say that it is about a 10 min walk but to be honest I walked for more than that. I got to the hotel in the morning and was told that the room would not be ready until 2 pm. So I left my luggage and went for a walk. It was summer so it was very hot. When I got back after 2pm I got my key and I went up to my room. I undress and decide to take a shower, but unfortunately I can't because the faucet won't turn on, so there is no hot or cold water coming out. I decide to call the reception and let them know what is happening, but again unfortunately the phone doesn't work. I get dressed and decide to go down to the reception, which by the way I did not mention before I found to be very impolite, the people at reception kept me waiting for 10 mins at the desk when I got there in the morning and I'm pretty sure that they saw me they just kept on with their own conversation not worrying about me and other guests that were at the front desk. However, back to my story when I get out of my room on I find a cleaning lady and ask her for some help, she speaks no word of English, but I manage to get my way through and she understands the problem, I even tell her about the phone but she couldn't help at all in that case. After a while the plumber arrives and he fixes the shower. Finally I get to shower, feeling a bit better I try and figure out what's wrong with the phone and there it is the phone was unplugged form the back. Happy that I had solved those problems, unfortunately I find out that the window to my room is broken, so even that night is a night without sleep. Breakfast was abundant and good, but no one around if you needed help.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Old fashioned, traditional hotel in central Brussels.
Wifi only in public areas - no internet access in rooms.
I stayed in a small single room on special offer. Facilities and decor dated.
No tea/coffee making facilities in room.
Traditional dinng room with low ceiling.
Wonderful central Brussels location.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Thank Belinda Kathari... H
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very good for local pubs, eating houses etc. Parking is always an issue in Belguim so i cannot really comment on this area but for getting around on foot, it's so easyWould return to this Hotel every time im in Brussels.

Room Tip: easy access for everything
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo