“Pretty nice hotel, good location”
Review of Hotel Le Plaza

Hotel Le Plaza
Ranked #45 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is an old building renovated to modern standards where you can find cavernous bathrooms in some rooms. Everything is clean and fresh. Spacious rooms, but few amenities inside. No coffee or tea maker, just plain accommodation with a TV and paid internet. However, it is located at a nice spot to see several areas of interest in Brussels. Most staff are welcoming but some have a curt attitude at the desk. The restaurant greeters and staff are exemplary. What's most important, it will give you a quiet, good night's sleep. The downside of the hotel is definitely its tiny exercise room should you decide to use it, but the walk to Grot Markt should be a good workout.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank alexn216
L-Dekerf, General Manager at Hotel Le Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

I was glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay at the Plaza.

Be sure that I noticed your comment about the room’s amenities and I will forward your remark about receptionist to the front desk department.

You appreciated the room, the bedding, the bathroom, the fact that Internet is pre-paid and I thank you for having shared it in this comment.

I’m happy to read that the bed linens offer you a good night’s sleep and therefore you had a good rest.

I also noticed your remark about the exercise room and I will keep it in mind for further investments at Le Plaza.

The staff and I will be pleased to welcome you again!

Laurent de Kerf,

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We have been at the Plaza for 2 days. We highly appreciated the welcome, the quality of the service and this very beautiful hotel located close to the Grand Place. This hotel is certainly the best one in the city.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
L-Dekerf, General Manager at Hotel Le Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear Sir,

I'm glag to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you soon again at Le Plaza !

Best regards,

Laurent De Kerf

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed for one night at le Plaza to have attend several meetings. Firstly I found the restaurant very convenient and comfortable to have a private meeting. The dessert table that they have available in the afternoon is very tempting, although one gripe would be that service was slow! However, during my whole stay I very much enjoyed the F&B - dinner at the hotel, coffee break treats etc. All delicious and beautifully presented. Furthermore the hotel represents very good value for money, especially when staying at the weekend. A convenient location near the centre of town and the Gare du Nord.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
L-Dekerf, General Manager at Hotel Le Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Madam,

You appreciated your stay among us during a conference and I thank you for having shared it.

Be sure I have noticed your remark about the speed of the service and that I have informed the F&B department about this inconvenient.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you again at the Plaza!

With kind regards,

Reviewed March 8, 2013

A really impressive historical address great location and with excellent personalized service. At every moment the staff was so friendly and helpful. I must also comment on the excellent bed linens and comfort. The best night's sleep I have had in a long while. Bravo to Le PLaza....I will definitely come back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

I was happy to read that you had some rest in our establishment and that you appreciate our bed linens and the staff as well.

We will definitely be pleased to welcome you again!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

This is a very elegant place with high level service. Rooms are quiet, with large beds and nice design. Having a drink at the bar is a must. Location in the very heart of Brussels. And a fitness room to keep in shape! Ask someone to show you the theater: incredible. I highly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: ask for rooms in finishing with 06
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the Plaza Hotel and I thank you for your recommendation.

The Theatre, Esterel bar, rooms, lobby… are all in harmony and as you said, the Theater is a unique venue!

It would be a pleasure for the entire staff to welcome you again.

Laurent de Kerf

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I've had the pleasure to stay many nights in Le Plaza.
I grew acquiainted with the staff and they to me.

Service is excellent and the rooms are large, well illuminated and equiped with all modern and technological accessories.

Room Tip: Rooms to the front are brighter, those to the back are more quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Dear Madam, Dear Sir

The Hotel le Plaza makes it a priority of having a warm and close relationship with his guests, to make them feel at home.

I’m glad that we managed to make you feel good during your stay with us.

We look forward to see you again.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

This is a very good hotel, old fashioned, however, clean and good quality of rooms. I normally prefere to use the staircase instead of the elevator, but in most hotels the staircase is something which is not seen as important part of the hotel - it's blanc concrete, only intended to be used in case of emergency. In the hotel Le Plaza, however, the staircase is beautiful, inside the building, with carpets and so on. So I really liked to go upstairs to the 7th floor.
Also positive: internet free of charge.
The breakfast buffet is ok: not as great as in many hotels in Asia, but better than in most US hotels. A disadvantage of the breakfast is that the room is downstairs and somebody with special needs would have difficulties to go there. And I had one experience which I would like to call surprising: When the service person (probably still learning) cleaned the tables, she used a key card in order to push the crums to the floor.
Nevertheless, I would recommend this hotel, especially since it is close to the historical city.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
L-Dekerf, General Manager at Hotel Le Plaza, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear Sir,

I’m glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Be sure that your recommendation will be passed on the concerned services.

Concerning the breakfast, we generally use the Adolph Max room, situated at the ground floor. The room downstairs, the Memling room, where you had breakfast is used in exceptional situations.

The staff and I will be more than happy to welcome you again at The Plaza.