“Good stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Basel, Switzerland
“Good stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Lobby: fresh with a cozy lobby bar

Room: Had a double room at the top floor (7th floor). I am very sensitive for bad cleaning especially regarding hair in the bathroom. The room was very very clean. I didn't find a single hair in the bathroom. The bathroom was soon in a need of renovation though. The bedroom part was quite big with a small sofa group. A minus was the carpet on the floor and the very hard beds madras.

Service: no staff at the entrance. The friendliest and most helpful staff was the two girls in the reception who were in training.

Breakfast: the selection was big but we actually thought that many things tasted strange (for example such an simple thing as the scrambled eggs and the fruit).

In my opinion, the hotel doesn't deserve five stars. It was on a typical four star level. The price was good for what you got.

Stayed February 2014
RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Lina O,

Thank you very much for your great four star Tripadvisor review regarding your stay at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, in the very heart of the historical city centre of Brussels.

I am happy to read that you found your room to be ´very very` clean, and the room to be ´quite` big. I am as well glad that you have experienced the Yes I Can! attitude as well with our trainees!

Please note that our Super Breakfast is focussed on a fresh selection of the best of Continental, North European and American cuisine. If the scrambled eggs on the buffet are not entirely to your wish, our breakfast chef would be delighted to make you any other type of egg à la minute.

On behalf of the entire team, we look very much forward to welcoming you again for your next stay at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your next stay via GM.Brussels@Radissonblu.com and I will personally take care of you.

In the meantime, I invite you to stay connected with us on our social media to not miss any of our newsfeeds and special offers.

Gaston Gellens

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

Good hotel with a excellent location. Only problems were that the room was too hot regardless switching the aircondition to coolest. TV remote was not working properly. Good room service and breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Janne L,

Many thanks for your great four star review regarding your stay at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, indeed perfectly located nearby all the main touristic attractions and the Central Station.

I am as well glad to read that you have enjoyed the ´good´ roomservice and breakfast.

Please note that our team will be ready for you, day and night, to meet your wishes. With the One Touch Service button on the in-room telephone, our team will be ready to bring you another remote controll and to change the temperature in your room as you prefer.

On behalf of the entire team, I look very much forward to welcoming you again at our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your next stay via GM.Brussels@Radissonblu.com and I will personally take care of you.

In the meantime, I invite you to stay connected with our hotel via our social media to not miss any of our special offers and newsfeeds!

Kindest regards,

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

Very good Hotel and I liked that there is parking space and vicinity to the tram is alos very good. The staff were very welcoming and friendly. I would recommend everyonewh is not only on Business but alos on Family trip to Brussels

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you very much for your fantastic five star review regarding your stay at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, situated in the very heart of Brussels!

I am glad to read that you have fully enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you have experienced our true Yes I Can! service philosophy. In special, I would like to thank you for recommending our hotel for both Business and Leisure travelers.

On behalf of the entire team, we look very much forward to welcoming you again for your next trip. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your next travel via GM.Brussels@Radissonblu.com and I will personally take care of you.

In the meantime, I invite you to stay connected with the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels via our social media to not miss any special offers or newsfeeds!

Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

Only been here on day and I really love this hotel. The staff is great, the amenities are awesome and I love the location. Its very close to all the shopping, train station and main sites of Brussels but I like that this hotel is on a quieter street just a few blocks from all the main attractions.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear John P,

Greetings from the heart of Europe!

Thank you very much for your great five star review regarding your stay at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, indeed very closely situated near the famous Grand-Place, the Central Station and many other touristic attractions.

I am thrilled to read that you have experienced our staff to be ´great´ and the amenities to be ´awesome´.

I look forward to welcoming you again for your next unforgettable getaway at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel in Brussels. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your next stay via GM.Brussels@Radissonblu.com and I will personally take care of you.

Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

stayed one night, after a full day meeting
good location
quick check-in
quiet room
excellent breakfast buffet
business class room had good bed, oversized shower and Anne Semonin products
also, free wireless everywhere
sea grill is a top restaurant

two minuses: the parking was a challenge (to be fair, because of the size of my Range Rover) and the room was too warm versus airco not powerfull enough

all in all, good and safe choice!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear ErwinFromBelgium,

Greetings from the heart of Brussels!

Thank you very much for your great 4 star review regarding your stay at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels.

I am glad to read that you have fully enjoyed your stay at our hotel and I thank you for your compliments regarding the ´excellent` breakfast buffet where every morning our breakfast chefs do their utmost to serve you the most important meal of the day.
I am as well thrilled that you have enjoyed your room and found the Sea Grill restaurant to be a top restaurant!

On behalf of the entire team, we look very much forward to welcoming you for your next travel to Brussels! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your next stay via GM.Brussels@RadissonBlu.com and I will personally take care of you.

In the meantime, I invite you to stay connected with the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels via our social media to not miss any of our special offers and newsfeeds!

Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

Went on a short business trip with a one night stay. The check-in is fast and convenient with professional and friendly staff. Room was big and clean. The hotel is situated fairly close to the main train station (4 minute walk) and close to shops and restaurants. I would recommend this hotel to business travellers as well as families going on a prolonged weekend to Bruxelles.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Troels A,

Thank you very much for your great 4 star review regarding your stay at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, indeed ideally situated near the central station and the famous Grand-Place with its fine restaurants and shops.

I am glad to read that you have perceived our staff to be ´professional` and ´friendly`.

In special, I would like to thank you for recommending our hotel! On behalf of the entire team, we look very much forward to welcoming you for your next business trip to Brussels. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your next stay via GM.Brussels@Radissonblu.com and I will personally take care of you.

In the meantime, I invite you to stay connected with us on our social media to not miss any interesting offers and newsfeeds!

Erlangen, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

My secreatry booked me in at the Radisson Blu. When I arrived I was very impressed with the foyer area, which has unusual and interesting architecture. The room was standard, if somewhat outdated. It was very clean. I spent two evenings in the bar/restaurant: the service was awful and the food was, sadly, not much better.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Christopher B,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay.

I am glad to read that you have enjoyed the front office area with it´s Atrium and the original 12th century city wall.

Your review has had all my attention and I very much regret that we were not able to meet your expectations regarding the service. Please note that our staff is trained to show a positive attitude and committed to provide excellent service as you can see in many of the feedback's received every day. I truly apologize that you did not experience the same and I communicated your comments to the restaurant manager, to prevent these situations from happening in the future.

I would like to invite you to send me an e-mail directly for your next stay via GM.Brussels@Radissonblu.com and I will personally take care of you.

Kindest regards,