“A few days in Brussels”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Forfar, United Kingdom
“A few days in Brussels”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

After travelling on Euro Star from London which was a great way to travel. The hotel was in a great location for all the major attractions and the Grand Place just a few minutes walk. Local shops and restaurants are nearby with lots & lots of chocolate shops.
The hotel itself is really nice and our room could not be faulted it was very clean and the beds are really comfortable. There was a huge variety for breakfast. But I'm sorry to say the scrambled eggs and bacon were cold. So I opted for cereal and yogurt.
But overall the hotel was great and the reception staff were excellent.

Room Tip: We requested an upper quiet room which was a great choice. It was on the 7th floor (Room 711)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Janina G,

Greetings from the very heart of Europe!

Thank you very much for your great 5 star review and for choosing the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel Brussels.

I am pleased to hear that you found our location ¨great¨, which is indeed perfectly situated in the city centre of Brussels.

I am happy as well that our hotel suited your needs and that you found the room ¨clean¨ and the bed ¨really comfortable¨.

Please do not hesitate next time to make a notice to the chef on duty in the rare case the scrambled eggs or bacon are cold. He would have done
everything to give you what you would like.

for your next stay with us, I will personally take care of you.

In the meantime, I invite you to stay connected with the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel on the social media.

Best Blu Regards,
Gaston Gellens

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Czech first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Naples, Florida
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is a great location. You can easily walk to the major tourist attractions like the Grand Square and many restaurants. We found the breakfast delicious and the room clean.
We also were able to check in early, a welcome relief after a long flight. We were able to take a good nap before setting out to explore the city.
My husband and I were very pleased with our stay here -- a good start to our European sojourn.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear FranklyFrancophile,

In the name of the whole Radisson Blu Royal team I would like to thank you for your 5 star review and for choosing our hotel in the very heart of Brussels!

I am glad that your stay with us met your expectations and that you experienced our 100% guest satisfaction philosophy.

I am particularly proud that you enjoyed our central location, only a few minutes walking distance from the Grand Place. I am as well happy to hear that you found the breakfast ¨delicious¨. Indeed our breakfast chefs do everything in their power to serve the best breakfast at the PebbleWood Corner every morning.

I would be honored to welcome you back for your next travel in the heart of Europe!
In the meantime, I invite you to stay connected on our social media!

London
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have stayed here on numerous occasions and just realised I have never reviewed it.
It is easy to get to and very central. The Grand Place is in walking distance and there are plenty of local shops and restaurants nearby.
The decor is in need of an overhaul and I am surprised that a hotel in this particular chain has allowed it to become so dated. That said, it is perfectly comfortable, the staff are pretty efficient and the bathrooms are quite good. I may consider looking at other options next time (there's another Radisson Blu close to the Parliament).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear LiberaceLondon,

Greetings from the very heart of Brussels!

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and for choosing our hotel multiple times. Indeed the hotel is very well located in the center of Brussels.

Furthermore I am happy to hear that you found the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel ¨perfectly comfortable¨, the staff ¨efficient¨ and the bathrooms ¨quite good¨.

I am surprised to hear that you found the decoration of our hotel outdated: as you can see on the feedback received every day, our Atrium and interior garden are very much appreciated.

I am looking forward to welcoming you again for your next travel to Brussels! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly via gm.brussels@radissonblu.com for your next stay with us, I will personally take care of you.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Very well located... everything is walking distance.. good service, nice coffee shop, restaurant, nice rooms... I went there on work and a had a great experience staying at Radisson. Its not on the main square but that is actually a good thing- less noisy, busy.. the main square is walking distance though. The decor is a bit dated but it has a nice warm feel.

Room Tip: Rooms do not have a great view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Aparna_77,

Thank you very much for your great review and for choosing the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel in Brussels!

I am particularly proud that we left such positive impressions with you and that you have had a great experience staying at our hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the good service and the nice rooms. Indeed the property is great and quiet located in the very heart of Brussels.

I would be thrilled to have you back at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel in Brussels for your next trip!

In the meantime, I invite you to stay connected with us on the social media.

Varmdo, Sweden
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I’ve been in Brussels more than I wanted to. Mostly because business took me there and I havn't seen much of the town itself :( The main reason I come to Radisson Blu is for the beds. A good night’s sleep is the key to preforming when you have to the day after. The hotel is wonderful and I do like the big relaxation area in the middle which is well suited for working late, in a nice atmosphere without too much noice.

This hotel is situated close enough but not too close to Grand Place, which is my favorite spot in Brussels (only been on business). Close to ”À la Mort Subite” (which is a good place for a down scaled business dinner startup (not dinner though)) . It’s close to subway if you have time and there are taxis round the corner if you’re in a hurry.

You do not want to miss the breakfast here. They have the most excellent chefs that cook you the omelet of your choice. A nice mix of fruit, fruit juices, ham, cheese and European bread which only lacks Knäckebröd (my personal choice), etc...

After having stayed here about five-seven times I asked if they would mind not referring to me as "Mrs" in the hotel room tv (something automatic in their system from first registry??). I was not prepared for the calamity that came after that, with staff manager, some other boss etc… I was not the slightest offended at all and didn't care much, but the reaction and compensation (two free nights (that I failed to use within the time limit) :( tells me that they really do endeavor to be on top…

I’d love to go to Brussels on a private trip and explore the town a bit more. I would most likely stay at Blu…

Room Tip: Get a room which overlooks the open space in the middle of the hotel if you want a view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Erik D,

Greetings from the very heart of Brussels!

Thank you very much for your great recommendation towards the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel in Brussels and for your loyalty!

It makes me happy to read that the beds are very comfortable and that we have "the most excellent Chefs". I passed your positive comments to the breakfast Chef.

I am proud to read that you experienced our 100% guest satisfaction philosophy, as you see we are very willing to solve any problems.

In the meantime, I invite you to stay connected with us on the social media!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Stayed there for the weekend. Location wise it's amazing. It's not on the main square so it's not as busy/noisy - which is good! But it's still walking distance - like 8 min walk. Service is good - they kindly gave us a late check out (2pm)

The only bad thing about this hotel is the decor. It's soooooo dated! It felt like we had travelled a time machine back to the 80s. So dated that we didn't even take any photos...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear Nasigoreng,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay and for your compliments regarding the quality services and the location, which is indeed perfectly situated in the very heart of Brussels.

I am surprised to hear that you found the decoration of the hotel outdated, since every day a lot of positive comments are received on the Atrium and impressive glass dome!

I will be pleased to welcome you back at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel for your next stay in the Capital of Europe!

In the meantime, please stay connected on our social media!

Bergen, Norway
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nice rooms, very good service and central location in Brussel. The breakfast was good, but the cleaning could´ve been better. The bathroom was a bit dirty, but the rest of the room fine. This is a place I can visit on a future trip.

Room Tip: Order a room high up in the building
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear ThmzG,

Thank you very much for the great review on your stay at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel in Brussels.
I am pleased to learn how much you enjoyed the high quality service, the nice rooms and breakfast, and our location which is indeed perfectly situated in the center of Brussels!

Please be assured that your comment has been communicated to the housekeeping manager. Do not hesitate next time to let us know straight away, we would have done everything to make it in order.

Hope to welcome you very soon for your next stay!

In the meantime, please stay connected on our social media!