“Very Good Hotel in a Great Location”

Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels
Ranked #32 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Francisco, California
“Very Good Hotel in a Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

Even though the RB Royal is oriented more toward the business client it is a wonderful place for the leisure traveler as well. We had one of their junior suites done in their "new york penthouse style" decor and it was stylish, comfortable and inviting. Our stay was for 4 days and the hotel was in a superb location to get to the main places of interest in Brussels. The Grand Place is about 5-10 minutes away depending on the route you take. Dozens of restaurants also within a less than 10 minute walk radius. Brussels central station is also about 10 minutes walk away. Our room package included breakfast which had it's own location within the hotel. A fine morning buffet affair which also included an omelette station. The staff were all pleasant and friendly to deal with. We were especially impressed with Gregory, the concierge. A man of many talents and a totally helpful attitude in dealing with a multiple of issues. The lobby is very innovatively designed and even included a portion of old city wall. All in an atrium setting. No problem in recommending this hotel and definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Burney A,

In the name of the whole team I would like to thank you for your fantastic review and for choosing the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel in the very heart of Brussels!

I am glad that your stay with us met your expectations. It makes me happy to read how much you enjoyed the room, the breakfast, the decoration and the service. Thank you for your kind words regarding our concierge Gregory, he is always happy to assist our clients.

I would be honoured to welcome you back for your next travel in Brussels city centre!

In the meantime, please stay connected on our social media!

Best Blu regards,
Gaston Gellens

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Czech first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Quiet, nice, but staff is not always helpful. The complementary coffee machine didn't work and they told me it's only available until a certain time in the morning. Printers at the reception didn't work.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Cool M,

Thank you for your 4 star review regarding your stay at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel!

Please note that for our guests on the go with no time for a sit-down breakfast, we offer the Grab & Run takeaway breakfast. Tea and coffee in disposable cups along with snacks are available on a special table in the lobby so that none of our guests miss out on the most important meal of the day. The Grab&Run breakfast is available until 6.30, after this time our Super Breakfast is served in our PebbleWood Corner. Furthermore, all rooms are provided with coffee & tea provisions.

I am sorry that the printers did not work at this time, but please be assured that in this kind of situation, the staff will be more than pleased to help you and find a solution.

I hope I will have the chance to welcome you back at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel in the very heart of Brussels!
For your next stay, do not hesitate to contact me via gm.brussels@radissonblu.com.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

This hotel located on the same block as Dominican Another fine choice in Brussels and a short walk to train station, royal palace, many restaurants, dome square museums. When checking in ask for business floors(4 and 6) as they have newly renovated rooms and club space where coffee, tea are offered 24/7 . Very impressive breakfast you will not regret if you take option if offered.
Onsite restaurant is just ok and building across is under construction. I'd suggest to take courtyard view room.

• Stayed August 2013
RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear mmikH,

Thank you for your excellent feedback regarding your stay at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel!

I am happy to hear that you appreciated the location in the very heart of Brussels, as well as the Business Class room, and the "very impressive breakfast"!

Please note that all our rooms are very well soundproofed and provide with a view either over the unique atrium or a very calm street. It is possible to share your preferences during the reservation or check-in.

I am looking forward to welcoming you again for your next trip to Brussels.

Please share a nice word and follow us on social media!

Best Blu regards,
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

The location is superb.Close to the Grote Markt.Could not be better on foot .
The Radisson Blu Royal has not the status of a very luxurious Hotel. It is a very average businesshotel. Nothing more nothing less.Reception is a cool affair.Not kind or unfriendly but pure business. The executiverooms are small and warm.The airconditoning was not working.No
bath. The Saturdaymorningbreakfast at the Pebble was a disaster. The was a waitingque outside the breakfastroom. Waiting for breakfast?. Remarkabel experience.
Should I visit the Radisson Blu Royal again.?. The are better hotels in Bussels compared to the
Radisson Blu Royal.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank sansprejudice
RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear sansprejudice,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your experience with us.

I am grateful that you found the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel good located in Brussels city centre!

Please note that our staff is trained to show a positive attitude and committed to provide excellent service as you can see in many of the feedback's received every day. I truly apologize that you did not experience the same.

Regarding your experience at the PebbleWood Corner, it can happen sometimes that guests arrive at the same time for breakfast so I can only apologize for the waiting time. Of course, I shared your comment with the breakfast manager and we will find a solution to make sure we minimize the waiting time.

I would be delighted to welcome you personally at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel during your next visit, to make up for your last experience and to convince you of our high quality service. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly via gm.brussels@radissonblu.com.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Really central modern hotel, good service. Rooms are a bit small, but beds are comfortable. Bathrooms are not at their best, they need a good revamp. They don't provide a vanity kit but they bring products to your room if you phone room service. Wifi was fast. Breakfast was good. If in Bruxelles for business I would definitely visit again, for a visit with boyfriend or friends i would choose something with more character.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear London801,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel in Brussels!

I would like to thank you for choosing us. I am pleased to learn how much you enjoyed the location and the service, and the breakfast.

Please note that we have 4 different room styles, each coming to totally different decoration and atmosphere: there is something to suit all tastes!

Hope to welcome you very soon for your next stay! I invite you to try another room style wich might better meet your expectations.

I also invite you to share your wonderful feedback and to follow us on social media!

Blu regards,
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

for a hotel that has wallpapers peeling off and a broken shower, staff attitude was way to snobby. Basically I was treated like a dog. The restaurant - Atrium - although served nice food - was a joke. Waiter was impolite, he made me sit at a very low table (i'm tall) although there were no other customers around, he didn't allow me to sit at a proper table.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear martinsvi,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

Your review has had all my attention and I very much regret that we have not been able to meet your expectation. Please do accept my sincerest apologies. Please be assured that I take note of your constructive feedback.

Please feel free to get in touch with me directly via gm.brussels@radissonblu.com to discuss further about your stay. I do honestly hope that you will give us another chance to make your stay with us unforgettable. It is an utmost concern to me to welcome you back personally and to convince you of our high quality service.

Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

Beautiful, pleasant accommodations with large spacious rooms. I agree that the staff was not overly welcoming upon my arrival (personality traits?) which seemed a little odd but so be it. Same with the person at the tour desk. All of my questions were answered, however. All in all an excellent, convenient place to stay.

The 'hair dryer' in the room is atrocious unless you have no hair at all. Bring your own; otherwise it will take hours to dry or style your hair if that is important to you.

Be aware that a tax is added on to any bar purchases when you charge to your room. (I didn't eat there; I'm assuming the same will occur.) I had a cocktail on two evenings and charged it to my room, along with a tip for the server. Upon checkout an additional tax was placed on the orders for each evening which was more than the drink itself. Knowing this, I would have just paid cash for the drink. (This has no bearing upon the hotel, however.)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Summitsue,

First of all I would like to thank you for your 5 star review!

I am grateful that you found the "beautiful" Radisson Blu Royal Hotel good located in Brussels city centre with "pleasant accommodations".

With respect, our pricing for the room service is comparable to similar first class hotels in this area, and we feel we give good value. There is a service charge of 7 € as it is common in similar properties.

I am surprised to read that the hair dryer was not convenient, I did not received negative feedback so far regarding this, but please make sure that your comment had all my attention and will be taken into consideration for future action plans.

Please note that our staff is trained to show a positive attitude and committed to provide excellent service as you can see in many of the feedback's received every day. I apologize that you did not experience the same.

I look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay in Brussels and I will personally make sure that we will fully meet your expectations!