“Excellent location and great hotel”

Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels
Ranked #32 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
GreenLeadersSilver level
Pretoria, South Africa
“Excellent location and great hotel”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed just the three nights at the Radisson Blu and had a very good experience. The Hotel is ideally located to see the sights of Brussels in only a few days - within walking distance of the Central Station, Grand Palace and Comic book museum. The Atomium and Euro Parliament only requires a short metro ride. The hotel breakfast was ridiculously overpriced in comparison with other 5 star establishments so we never tried the food. Otherwise the room was spotless and we had a good rest after each day of long touring.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Karl-Robert,

Greetings from the very heart of Brussels!

I would like to thank you for your great review.

It makes me happy that you had a "very good experience" at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel!

With respect, the prices of the breakfast are well in line with other first-class hotels in this cxity centre area in Brussels. The Super Breakfast Buffet is served in the unique PebbleWood Corner, where a semi-open kitchen allows the Chef to offer live cooking serving fresh food every morning. Please note that we offer special condition for pre-booked breakfast upon reservation. You can also check out our special deals on the website.

I look forward to welcoming you again!

Please like and follow the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel on Social media!

Gaston Gellens

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Czech first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Radisson for two nights. I inadvertently left my jewellery out of the safe after accessing same, and placed it in my suitcase. It has not been seen since we left the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels. Trust the thief enjoys the karma.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear TeresaG194,

Thank you for your review.

This was a very unfortunate incident. I know that the Security Manager has been in contact with you but if you wish to discuss this matter further please contact me directly via gm.brussels@radissonblu.com.

I sincerely regret the inconveniences with your jewellery. As you already know, the Security Manager took immediate action and followed up on your mentioned point by making a readout of the room lock, checking at the camera located in front of your room. The investigation did not show any irregularities during your stay with us, nothing seemed to be dubious. You have noticed us about this issue 7 days after you checked-out, please next time let us know straight away.

I truly apologize for this inconvenience, but please be assured that we do not tolerate any thief's in our hotel. Carlson Rezidor hotels are well known worldwide as the group having the most safe and secure hotels and the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel is a good example as it is well-known in Brussels as one of the most secure hotel in the city. All the staff is trained to recognize suspect indicators. We provide state of the art secured doors in the rooms.

I do honestly hope that you will give us another chance to make your stay with us unforgettable. It is an utmost concern to me to welcome you back and to convince you of our safe environment.

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed May 26, 2013

If you want to stay near the Grand Place (the most beautiful square in the world) this is your hotel, it is located just a couple of minutes walking. Also the train station Central is just a couple of minutes by walk. You can go to Brugges and go back the same day and finish it with a nice beer in the Grand Place (and a tasty Gyros).
The rooms are a little old but clean, nice bathroom and good space, you don´t need nothing more.
I would recommend it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Chevy10_10,

In the name of the whole team I would like to thank you to recommend your stay at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel!

I am very glad to read that you thoroughly enjoyed this city centre hotel.

During your next stay with us, I suggest you to visit Antwerp and Ghent, which also are very nice and lovely nearby cities. The concierge will be more than happy to arrange you the transportation!

I would be honored to welcome you again!

Please share a nice word on our social media !

Warm regards,
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed 2 nights on 25th may - room still not cleaned by end of the day & attitude of staff very dismissive when we complained. Even on check in they were abrubt & not very helpful. We have had better service when staying in hotels with less 'stars'. Location good which made up for poor service

• Stayed May 2013
RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Anyaspell,

Thank you for your honest remarks!

Comments like yours help us improving the service and do our best to make sure all guests are 100% statisfied!
If we knew your feedback straight away we would have done everything to meet your expectations. Or at least we could live up to our guarantee: If we can't make it right you won't pay.

I do honestly hope that you will give us another chance to make your stay with us unforgettable. For your next stay, I invite you to give me your dates and arrival time at gm.brussels@radissonblu.com, and I will personally take care of you, by making everything ready!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night. The room was clean, comfortable and in very good condition. The staff were very welcoming, friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a great location close (walking distance) to the Grand Place. I would certainly stay again.

• Stayed May 2013
RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Mark A,

Greetings from the very heart of Brussels!

Thank you for your great recommendation for the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, located in the very heart of Brussels!

It makes me happy to read that the staff was "welcoming, friendly and helpful" and I am glad you enjoyed your the "comfortable" room.

I am looking forward to welcoming you again for your next travel to Brussels!

For latest news and special deals, I invite you to stay connected with us on the social media!

Warmest regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Old nice hotel trying to do their best. It is a little dated , but the service is ok. The breakfast room was really crowded in the morning, so it was hard to find a seat. The lobby bar was nice, but also very crowded, so it took time just to get a beer.
The hotel is located very central, so you can walk to everything downtown. You can also have the windows opened if you have a room not facing the atrium.

Room Tip: choose a rom not facing the atrium
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear kjell magne n,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel!

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the "very central" location!

Your comments had all my attention and we will of course act on the mentioned points to better meet and exceed our guests expectations.

We provide rooms either with a view on the beautiful Atrium or on the historic center of Brussels. Please note that the houskeeping will be more than happy to open the window for you even if you have a room facing the Atrium.

I would be pleased to welcome you again in this Brussels city centre hotel!

Please like and follow Radisson Blu Royal Hotel on social media!

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Upon reading other TA reports, we upgraded our standard room to a business room. The cost was 50E/day but it allowed us free breakfasts, free movie channels, business center access that includes free bottled water, coke and yogurts. It was well worth the cost.
The room was nice, clean and quiet. The bed wasn't the greatest but still ok. Free wifi is a huge plus.
We ate all of our breakfast's there, the layout every morning and it was fantastic. We went one night for supper in the atrium and were not impressed, low quality and quantity of food.
The location was excellent, a couple of blocks from the Grand Place and central station.

Room Tip: Get a business room upgrade.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Burgman50,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel!

I am proud to read that you thoroughly enjoyed the upgrade to a Business room with extra amenities that include access to the Royal Fitness Club and the Business Class area! Guests also enjoy a Super Breakfast Buffet to give them the boost they need to start the day!

Indeed, Radisson Blu Hotels offer Free and fast Internet since 2005, keeping you totally connected whenever and wherever you travel!

I am sorry to read your notes about the beds, as all mattresses were recently changed to provide high bedding quality.

I regret that the splendid Atrium restaurant, located beneath the lightful glass dome, did not meet your expectations. During your next stay in Brussels, I kindly suggest you to try the Sea Grill Restaurant, should you be looking for gourmet cuisine. This is one of the most highly acclaimed sea food restaurant in Brussels with its 2 Michelin stars and 19/20 at Gault & Millau.

On behalf of the entire team, I look forward to welcoming you for your next stay in the lively city centre of Brussels!