“Great for a Short Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Iowa City, Iowa
“Great for a Short Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

My wife and I chose this hotel to stay for our last night on vacation in Europe because it's centrally located and easy to get transportation to the Brussels airport. We used credit card points for payment, so the cost of the hotel wasn't our main consideration. Our room was quite large, clean and comfortable. The staff were all friendly and helpful. We really liked the hotel but not sure we could have justified the cost if paying with cash instead of points.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Michael B.,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us!

Indeed the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel places guests in the heart of Brussels, four minutes walking distance to the famous Grand Place.

It makes me happy to read that you enjoyed the room, the service and the location minutes from Brussels Central Station that, indeed, offers direct connections to the airport, metro and Europe’s main rail lines.

For latest news and special deals, I invite you to stay connected with us on social media!

I look forward to welcoming you for your next stay in the city centre of Brussels!

Best regards,
Gaston Gellens

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Czech first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Gold Coast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

In the historic heart of Brussels but in a quieter part of the city is this hotel located. It is a few minutes walk from the Central Station hence access from the Airport is quite straight forward. The hotel is very close to the Grand Place Square, TownHall and Royal Galleries of Saint-Hubert. Being close to the tourist centre there are numerous restaurants in the alleyways in the neighbourhood. Walking through The Royal Galleries is a bit if a treat with many shops and of course the obligatory chocolate shops. The rooms are decorated in modern style as many of the Radisson Hotels are. There is a leafy atrium surrounded by the hotel rooms. The breakfast room is airy and spacious and the food is of excellent quality. There is a wide variety of hot and cold buffets available and also fresh fruits. The reception staff are very helpful and able to suggest and recommend various attractions. All in all a good choice for a Business and Tourist hotel.

Room Tip: Upper floors have better views of the city
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Eaa1347,

In the name of the whole team I would like to thank you for your 5 star review!

Thank you very much for your stay with us. I am very pleased to learn how much you have enjoyed the hotel, the service and location.

If travelling would bring you back to Brussels, I would be very pleased to welcome you again at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel in the city centre of Brussels!

Warmest Blu regards,

Sheffield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel is in a great location very near to Grand Place. Stayed three nights. The air conditioning didn't work and the vanity mirror in bathroom was broken. We did mention this to reception but both of these things were not rectified. Housekeeping not great two unfinished cups of coffee were left beside each bed. One of which had a coaster placed over the top of it! The drinks were not finished as only had powdered milk available in the room! I can't think that anyone would have thought we would have wanted cold coffee when we returned later in the day! We moved rooms after first night due to air conditioning not working properly.

We left our key in the room to keep air conditioning on and when we came back the key had gone! Later in the day the room was opened whilst we were in, I presumed it had been housekeeping but no one replied when I spoke and they left again. When I mentioned this to reception we were given new keys.

The rooms were looking a bit tired and the sheet on one of the beds was ripped. Not what you would expect in a 5*

The breakfast was great, lots of choice but extremely busy and we had to queue for a while on one of the days.

The reception staff were very polite and helpful.

I think if things were improved this would be a great hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Bajadoo,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us!

First of all, I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the "very polite" and "helpful" reception staff. I am also glad to read that you enjoyed the Super Breakfast Buffet.

Your review has had all my attention and I very much regret that we have not been able to meet or exceed your expectation on a number of points. Your comments will be followed up on and I apologize for any inconvenience some of the issues have caused to you.

I am glad to hear that we offered you another room after the inconveniences you had. Please note that all the guest rooms have a general switch off and on for lighting and air conditioning, in order to reduce energy consumption. All Rezidor's hotels have a new energy saving initiative called "think planet", and the target is to minimise running costs, energy consumption and pollution associated with energy use. Staff engagement in Think Planet is tremendous, they are trained to follow the responsible business guidelines. Next time, do not hesitate to tell the reception that you want to keep the air conditioning on, and we will then make sure that the housekeeping staff does not remove your key from the general switch off and on.

For sure, I would really like to welcome you back and make up for your experience, which does not match our standards. Please feel free to contact me directly via gm.bruzh@radissonblu.com, for a future reservation request!

Very kind regards,
Naples, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights for business. The hotel from the outside is clean and neat. Although, they need to be watchful for bums as the building across the street is abandon. It is close to many activities in the downtown area. Great architecture on many buildings. Be careful of some of the restaurants in the alleys in the tourist area, they are very aggressive to pull people in to their establishments. Be on-gaurd.

The hotel is very nice... a little pricey. They should match the government per diem for Business class rooms. I travel here for NATO business regularly and I will find a hotel that matches my per diem rate. I also was not happy with the restaurant food in the hotel. Not much of a choice. The breakfast included in the room-rate was very good.

Room Tip: Get an upper room for a better view. Fitness area is very good.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Laudan525
RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Laudan525,

Thank you very much for your feed back. I am happy that you enjoyed our city centre hotel in Brussels!

The heart of Brussels is highly renowned for the large number of bars and restaurants located in the centre, where you can enjoy many famous local places, such as Belgian Brasseries, gourmet cuisine or international restaurants, as well as some touristic restaurants. Our Concierge is always delighted to recommend and book the best in Brussels!

The Atrium Restaurant is the place to enjoy Belgian specialties in brasserie style. I regret therefore to hear that you did not enjoy it. I can only apology, as I always received great feedback from the Atrium restaurant, which is located beneath an impressive glass dome. Also from the Seagrill Restaurant, a two Michelin star and one of the most highly acclaimed seafood restaurants in Brussels piloted by Executive Chef Yves Mattagne.

I am proud to state that The Radisson BLU Royal Hotel is located in one of the quietest and safest areas in Brussels, along to a one way street away from large boulevards. - Kindly note that the unique Art-Déco building located opposite to our hotel is not abandoned but being refurbished from inside. -

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed the Super Breakfast Buffet! Again many thanks for your comments.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you again for your next business travel in Brussels, for which I kindly invite you to book our government rate

Best regards,
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Since we only had a 24 hour break in Brussels the Radisson Blu Royal made us very happy! The room was great, very comfy bed, great rain shower and room service was excellent as well. And the lovely girl from room service made sure we got a good bottle of wine instead of the just 1 glas we received with our order. Breakfast was very good as well, with fresh fruit, toast and eggs the way we liked them. The chocolate stores around the hotel made our break away from work just perfect! As is the hotel very well located, just a couple of minutes by foot and you are in the middle of Brussels, will be back!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TimDeGroot,

Thank you very much for your 5 star review!

I am very honored that you enjoyed the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, the room, the breakfast and the service.
Indeed our hotel is perfectly located in the city centre of Brussels just 4 mins walking distance from the famous Grand Place, the best chocolatiers and the most popular restaurants!

On behalf of the entire team, I look forward to welcoming you again and to make your next break away from work perfect again!

Best regards from the very heart of Brussels,
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

My mom and I recently stayed here just two nights over the weekend. We got a really reasonable weekend rate and we were very pleased with our hotel choice here. The hotel is clean and in a fantastic location in Brussels, just a short walk to the Grande Place, many restaurants and the train station. All the staff we encountered were very pleasant and very professional. My mother and I fealt very safe staying here as two ladies alone in a new city. We only used the downstairs lounge area ones, but we both found it to be a tranquil spot to relax with a drink. Lovely lobby area with a small coy stream running through it.
Our room was a standard double, adequate in size for the two of us, decent bathroom, and clean. The free wifi was dependable and much appreciated in order to stay in touch with family back home. We were very satisfied with this choice of hotel and wish we had more than two days to spend in this great city, would definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
RD_Royal_Brussels, General Manager at Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Brussels, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear KBspaqueen,

Greetings from the very heart of Brussels!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your great stay at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel!

The "very pleasant and very professional" staff really appreciates your kind words!

I look forward to welcoming you again for your next stay in the city centre of Brussels!

Blu regards,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Just returned from a one night stay at this hotel.

We upgraded to a business class room as I am not sure if the standard rooms have been refurbished in a long time. There was a lovely reception area and we requested early check in (at 11am), which was granted, the concierge desk were also very friendly and helpful, even lending us an umbrella.

The room was spotless and we had access to a small lounge, which provides coke, water, coffee etc etc for free. The room had an ensuite shower and robes were included.

Breakfast was ok, standard meats, cheeses, breads, croissants etc. They were making home made omlettes and there were a few cooked items but nothing special. The service at breakfast was a little slow in terms of tables being cleared etc and everything was self service including tea and coffee.

This hotel has an excellent location, short walk to the grand place etc.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear LRE517,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us!

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel in Brussels!

Indeed our concierge Gregory is more than happy to arrange a car, taxi or bicycle but also to help our guests visiting Brussels or with any other request.

I shared your feedback with the breakfast manager, and we will make sure that we provide a consistent first-class service. Indeed the Radisson Blu Super Breakfast Buffet is in self-service, as we want our guests to enjoy and try this extensive buffet featuring a large range of food items selected from the best of Continental, North European, and American cuisine.

I hope to welcome you very soon in our city centre hotel in Brussels!

Warmest regards,