“One of my Favorites”

Ranked #668 of 3,879 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Belgian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Enjoying a traditional Belgian beer or relaxing with a glass of wine... It is all possible in this chic brasserie with bar. Savor a tasteful lunch, any day of the week. With weekly new creations. Exuberant dining is possible every evening. The Bien Belgemenu includes a fine selection of traditional Belgian dishes. With signature of Chef Etienne Mahieu.
Reviewed February 20, 2013

In the lobby of the Hilton Brussels City, this small but cozy lunge bar restaurant is one of my favorite places in Brussels. I normally stay at the hotel and usually will eat dinner here. The staff is excellent, friendly and always smile. Recommended!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We were staying at the Hilton and went to the lounge for a drink. Having been out all day we weren't looking forward to heading out again so we decided to eat here as well. The room is well designed and comfortable. We decided to stay at the long communal table for our dinner - the bar stools are that comfortable. I had the salad with Belgiam goat's cheese, and others had the tomato and prawn salad and the salmon filet with broccoli stoemp. My salad was quite good and the salmon was shared as it was that good. We had a fine meal at a reasonable price.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Normally I am leery of restaurants located in hotels. Often they're wildly overpriced for lower quality food and service. However, we arrived into Brussels on a late flight and checked in to the Hilton. Normally adventurous, we were tired after a day of travel and decided just to head downstairs to Bien Belge. I'm glad we did.

A fantastic waitress took care of us (unfortunately I don't remember her name). She was attentive and personable without being invasive. We looked over the menu, and the prices seemed very reasonable. My steak and salad were very well done, cooked exactly to my liking.

The food was very well presented and delicious. We went back on the day of our departure to grab lunch before heading to the airport. Would recommend this restaurant for pretty much anything - lunch, dinner, business meeting. Atmosphere was very nice, service was spot on, and the food was delicious and a good value for the price.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

We decided to check out the lounge part of this venue. It is beautifully decorated like the rest of the hotel. The service was great as were the drinks and snacks. We found the prices to be on par with other places - no surprises. We looked at the dinner menu and we found it to look quite good. If we didn't like going out to eat near the Grand Place area each night we would have eaten here.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

Dear family, I am sorry to have brought you to this place on our last night in Brussels! So many nice places to eat in this city and we end up here.
We walked into the Bien Belge and there was no one to greet us. We walk in a bit further and still no one. A group of Bien Belge workers behind the bar and another group setting up a large table for a party of about 15. Someone finally looks our way after we made our way into the middle of the restaurant and basically asks what we want. We tell them we have a reservation and someone points to a table of 4 and says, "there". The service remains at the same level all night. We ordered 1 starter, I refrained because I already had a bad feeling about the place. Then we ordered 2 BBB steaks which Im not sure what BBB means because it was a very basic steak, well cooked but with a simple salad on the plate and a small ramekin of mayo (???). Also ordered a turkey roll dish....hmmmm. I ordered a pike perch fillet, white fish. It arrived and the fish was between 3 and 4 ounces in size draped over some mash potatoes that was about 20 ounces in size and formed into the shape of a brick from one end of the plate to the other....... I left hungry because I dont do huge portions of mash potato. After we finished eating we sat for a good 15 minutes with the plates in front of us. Someone, not our waiter, finally came and took the plates. They asked if we wanted dessert and I said, "no". We then paid a huge bill and left. I cannot imagine how this place has good reviews. Maybe just a different expectation from their crowed. We were definitely the odd man out as the average age was about 70. I leave it down to different tastes.

3  Thank BerkeleyFan