“lovely place”

Ranked #157 of 209 Brussels B&B and Inns
bratislava
“lovely place”
Reviewed June 4, 2011

I really liked Villa Sablon. Superb location, lovely breakfast, good price...
The only small problem is that the bathroom is an openspace (toilett not), so it s kind of weird if u re not there with a boyfriend...

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank dariach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
BRUXELLES
Reviewed April 23, 2011

great experience in the Villa Sablon, perfectly well located in the best neigberhood of Brussels, so Awesome rooms, great welcome from the owner,breakfast so delicious in Wittamer, everything was perfect.Nice to know : it is not a hotel so reception has opening hours but you can arrive anytime with a digitcode, great.

Room Tip: The suite are marvelous
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank JETPILOT007
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 21, 2011

I was involved in an accident that required immediate ankle surgery and ligament repair, and which prohibited me flying, more than three days before I was slated to check into Villa Sablon. I gave them more than 72 hours notice and offered to send them my emergency-room documents as proof of my cancellation. I asked them if they could at least meet me half way and charge me only half of the booking fee given my circumstances. Every other B&B I was scheduled to stay at, including X2 Brussels and 1617 Sunhead in Amsterdam, proved immensely understanding and charged me no fee at all. I can't thank them enough and when I rebook my trip later this summer, will go out of my way to stay with them. Villa Sablon charged me the entire fee for a visit I never even made. I realize there are rules, but there are also exceptions, and when someone can't even walk for the next 6-8 weeks, let alone get on a plane, exceptions should be made. By any country's standards, this is simply bad business and guarantees that I will never stay at or recommend this B&B. Friends and colleagues I have told about being charged simply cannot believe it. For all I know, Villa Sablon booked out my room to another visitor and made double the money. Simply inexcusable.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank MooBarkley

Travelers are raving about these Brussels hotels