“Very niche atmosphere”
Review of Le Marmiton

Le Marmiton
Reserve with
Le Marmiton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 3,773 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: In the heart of Brussels, at a stone's throw from the Grand Place, come discover the restaurant "Le Marmiton" in the wonderful setting of the 'Royal Saint-Hubert Galleries'. His owner Mr Toni Beja and his children Anthony, Sandra and Alexandre, all three graduated from the Hotel Management School of Namur, welcome with great pleasure the fans of Belgian specialities and products of the sea, and this since the opening in 1979.
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We were there on a Friday night and enjoyed the evening. Food was good(mussels and steak) the atmosphere was interesting.
The place is situated on a small street with a lot of restaurants.
Waiters were also very helpful

Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

This place was perfect and was better than I could of hoped. I wanted somewhere which did amazing local food especially steak. Didn't really want to have to see the seafood swimming round before people ate them! Steaks are amazing, the service attentive and no a rip off. It's only a stones throw away from the grand place so very central. For 4 of us with three courses and some drinks it was €145 a couple

Reviewed December 4, 2013

This place is really good. The ambience is perfect and the food excellent. I had venison steak that was done to perfection and had a wonderful rich sauce. I have also tried the fixed Mama menu previously and that was also good. It can be busy but I have been OK without a reservation. The service is really excellent with just the right amount of attention but not too much. Definitely recommended

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We called in to Le Marmiton without a reservation and were very lucky to get the last table on a Friday evening - others were turned away.

The feel of this resturuant is fantastic - cosy, warm, friendly... almost family like. So much nicer than big open restaurants that feel they have no character to them at all. The atmosphere were buzzing and I'd imagine it to be a fantastic retreat on a cold winters night.

The food was lovely (Moules and Sea Bream)... so nice, we paid another visit on our last day for lunch which didn't disappoint either (Pate and Roast Chicken). The service was very attentive and all the staff were very friendly. Really couldnt fault this restaurant, and for the price and location, you really can't go wrong.

Stongly advise to book especially at weekends!

1  Thank ChrisEFrost
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Whenever I go to Brussels for work Le Marmiton is for me a must. I always enjoy the atmosphere, the service and the quality of the food in this restaurant. You can dine within, outside, or in the gallery .... I give myself a treat with a Sauvignon or a Pouilly-Fumé and the speciality of this restaurant: the mussels à la Marmiton. You will remember my advice once you try them. Enjoy!!!

1  Thank bezbest