“No words can express how much we loved our stay”
Review of Bxlroom Guesthouse

Bxlroom Guesthouse
Ranked #10 of 139 Specialty Lodging in Brussels
Reviewed October 27, 2013

First of all, we highly recommend this place. This hotel is extremely well located in the city centre on a small street (it's quite hard to find the hotel).

The room: the size is very good for a couple with the necessary comfort, beautiful decoration and very clean. The bathroom size is good either (the shower and toilet are separated inside the room, which generates a lot of privacy if you are traveling with friends, for example). Even considering the street can be noisy at some nights, it isn't a problem inside the BXLROOM; the room is really quiet (and we have stayed in the first floor facing the street). Safe, wi-fi and TV available.

The breakfast: there are coffee, tea, juices, bread, cereals and yogurt. The staff is friendly and helpful, especially Mr. Fons. He made our time in Brussels better than we expected.

The location: it's within walking distance from Brussels main attractions. Also we think that the location is very safe at any time (please, open your mind and get used to alternative people).

If you get to Brussels by the train station in the city centre you can get to the hotel by walk (around 10 - 15 minutes), but if you have heavy bags, think twice as the pavement of the streets is not very friendly to the little wheels.

Tips: Try the local bars / pubs to have an amazing experience. Ask Mr. Fons for some tips. A must go is the "Delirium Café", if you love beers.

(in fact we traveled in June/12)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RafaGomes

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I do not stay at B&B when I travel for business. I couldn't find a decent hotel in Brussels this time, so I decided to give this small place a chance, given the excellent Tripadvisor reviews. It was a success, and I have to admit that my expectations were low, so it was a positive surprise. I got a large room/small apartment in the city center, with a decent bathroom and a clean kitchen.

Pros: The price is more than reasonable for a full apartment (€125 per night, and I paid the full rate, booking in the last minute). It is well located in the city center, in the sense that you may easily walk everywhere. The staff was very helpful, well informed about practicalities, and ready to make good suggestions (if you have time to spend visiting the city; not my case). The apartment is large, and well furnished. A small terrace gives you the chance of having a drink at night, or breakfast in the morning enjoying a minuscule garden.

Cons: The area gets a bit noisy and dark at night, specially if you come back late. The flat is in a basement, and I am afraid it was not well ventilated. Not the perfect place to sleep if you suffer from asthma. The linen could be cleaner.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We like the stay in the Bxlroom - 5 nights in the heart of the Brussels. Modern, quiete and clean room, excellent service from Fons, easy to go everywhere in the historical center. A little bit hard to find, but this is because of the streets in this part of Brussels. For breakfast there are coffee, tea, juices, bread, cereals and yogurt.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stayed in BxlRooms for 4 nights and I was really surprised how much I enjoyed it! Not that I was expecting not to like it, but it was very reasonably priced. So I wasn't expecting much, but I was wrong! The room I had was great, reasonably quiet, very clean and very well decked out. They also provided juice, coffee, cereal, bread, jam, hazelnut spread, water, tea - all such a great addition to an affordable cost.

The location was good too - not far at all from the Grand Place. But then again, nothing is too far from each other in Bxl - such a compact old city!

I recommend dinner at NuetNigenough around the corner on 25 Lombard street. See reviews on TA about it. Note the no reservations policy. Great meals with Belgian beers.

Room Tip: I got a double bed, but it was actually two single bed pushed together. I kept falling into the cra...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank GeorgeParam
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had a great time. Location is great. Mr. fons was Great, and friendly and helpful every day we were there. On our last day he order a taxi for us, and Didn't leave us until we got on it.While we were waiting outside to the Taxi he went into the BxlRoom three time to keep calling to Taxi, because they were late. Meanwhile we had nice, and long conversation, which we were felt like we know each other for a long time.

We have booked through the mail. We definitely recommend on it!

If we ever go back to Brussels,we will definitely book here again.

Yossi and the Family - Israel

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights and couldn't be much happier. Marc & Fons are great. The place is in the middle of everything. Just a few minutes walk from the central train station. Taxis from central station won't go there (but they will from Midi station), it's a bit tricky to find but ask around and people will point you in the right direction.

At night it's chaos outside since there are bars and clubs next door, but once you go in the building you can't hear a thing. super clean rooms and bathrooms, slept like a baby, soap and towels are provided. Very modern, ikea-like decorations. Free wifi, tv in rooms.

They say breakfast isn't included, but it sort of is. Everything in the kitchen/lounge is complimentary, such as cereals, yogurt, bread and juices.

I booked through booking.com but I believe if you email marc or fonz directly you might get a better rate.

I can't recommend this place enough. There are only 3 rooms I believe, so book fast!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed for three nights wish it were longer. Hotel is located to major tourist attractions. The place is halfway between a house and hotel. There are various bars and cafes nearby. Rooms are contemporary. Marc and Fonz were very helpful from the first contact via email right to our check out. There is a small common area where there are bottles of water, juices, cereals and yoghurts. The only slight problem is the bed mattress is abit of a softer side but that is easy fix. Anyway we are always out from morning exploring and only returned late evening to sleep. I will definitely book here again if we ever go back to Brussels. Keep up the good work Marc & Fonz!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple