“Wonderfull environment, good food, but unfortunately, very poor service”

Park Side Brasserie
Ranked #1,341 of 3,522 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: French, European, Belgian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Uccle, Belgium
“Wonderfull environment, good food, but unfortunately, very poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

It's a pity to eat at this kind of restaurant, with lots of potential, on a Monday evening ...
Long waitng time before someone cole to take our order, to bring the plates, to answer our requests...and we had to repeat several time our requests to he waiters...
I was rmthere with a foreigner who was also surprised by the little efforts made by the waiters to please the customers ...
Really a pity... Unfortunately for the restaurant, I will not come back ...

• Visited December 2012

Brussels, Belgium
“Good, but could do much better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

o Excellent value at lunchtime during the working week
o Very good standard of frill-free food, including Belgian classics
o Good choice of affordable, drinkable wine
o Modern, comfortable decor, lovely setting by Parc Cinquantenaire
o If, like me, you find thumpa-thumpa disco music does not aid digestion, you may prefer to go elsewhere. Requests to turn it off/down/change genre were not entirely successful at a birthday lunch on a Sunday

• Visited November 2012
“Good local food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

A very nice evening with good food. Combination of Belgian and French stile.
Service is ok but overall very pleasant.

Brussels, Belgium
“40% too expensive for Belgian standards.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

I would like to mention first that I have eaten more then once at the Park Side. The setting is beautiful, the menu is appealing and the wine list extended. On the service level there is quite some room for improvement, they prefer to clean another table instead of handing out the menu whilst you sit at your table waiting. They forget to mention what is not available anymore so once you have chosen you may review your choice. Compared to other Brussels restaurants of this price category the service seriously lacks of professionalism. The food, a starter for 18€ you get 5 fried shrimps and the filet pure steak with a taste less sauce costs 32€. That's 50€ for a starter and a main dish, of absolutely average quality. The only thing that really knocked my socks off was the bill at the end of the dinner, knowing that for these prices there are much better restaurants in Brussels.

• Visited October 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“RUDE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Dear restaurant visitor

I like through this way, inform you that the restaurant does not stick to their part of deals they make with restaurant organisations.(the contrary) and you are lured into their establishment, but after that do not honor their deals!
Let me inform you please of what happened today.
When arriving at the restaurant for the Sunday lunch, which I booked through a resto deal for the price of 21 euro , they did not display. Only on the table a menu for the price of 28 euro was set with Beverage offer of 16 euro, but this would have to be the the evening price!

I requested to see their menu for the lunch deal of resto days of 21 euro, which they claimed not having and any other price was not their problem only the problem of resto days !
When showing my confirmation on my cell phone including the price of 21 euro , the #gerant# in question grabbed rudely my cellphone out of my hand and walked away with it.
Not even asking if he could show it so someone or borrow it for a minute nor any other request.....
When coming back he waffled loudly it was not his problem and that it was the problem of resto bookings and they could not offer the price of 21 euro and if I wanted to complain I just had to contact resto bookings and again he repeated this was not his issue.

So we left the restaurant and for sure are not going back.
Coming myself out of the industry, this poor reaction baffles me. I can assure you no professional restaurateur would react in such a rude way and if handled pleasantly me and my partner would have considered paying the extra part, but the rudeness of the 'gerant 'was appalling and made us leave the premises.

Luckily I can tell you that the day before my reservation at les Atelier de la truffe noir, was fully professional and the price of 21 euros was honored correctly.
And their menu included duck, sole and truffles, much more noble ingredients, than that was on offer with the park side restaurant.
All they had on offer was an incorrect price and rudeness.

• Visited October 2012