“The place to stay in old Brussels”
Review of Hotel Amigo

Hotel Amigo
Ranked #3 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“The place to stay in old Brussels”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Very warm staff, amazing location in the heart of old Brussels , the hotel has the best Italian restaurant in Brussels creme de la creme of Brussels crowd, we had our 1 year old daughter with us they offered her a gift and were very friendly, the concierge is very helpful ask as many questions as you want

Room Tip: Overlooking the cathedral
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank ChantalAzzi
Priyanka B, Front of House Manager at Hotel Amigo, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Dear ChantalAzzi,

It is a pleasure for us at the Hotel Amigo to read your comments on TripAdvisor.

We are happy to see that you found our staff warm. The location is very central and indeeded very convienient for guest who want to visit the main sites in the centre.

We are delighted to read that you found our restaurant 'BOCCONI' the best Italian cuisine in the city.

We do hope to welcome you back and I remain at your entire disposal for further assistance needed.

Priyanka Bardoloi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I had booked a short trip to Brussels for mine and my wife's first wedding anniversary. I had never been before but I was mindful that my wife had visited Brussels a number of times and has incredibly high standards! I discovered Hotel Amigo and the excellent location plus great online images sold it to me on paper. Quite simply our first stay together in Brussels was a memorable one for all the right reasons and largely down to Hotel Amigo, my wife was delighted!(brownie points to me). We had such a superb stay, it is a beautiful hotel and the location is perfect. Our room had a great view, was so comfortable and we really did not want to leave. Everyone was so helpful and friendly. Bocconi was our favourite(maybe I'm biased with my Italian heritage!) restaurant in Brussels, delicious food and the Maître d' was fantastico!

We will both definitely be back again soon!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Christopher V
Dear Floatie,

Thank you for taking some of your valuable time in putting your comments on TripAdvisor.

It is a pleasure to hear that your stay was a great one and that you found our staff friendly. Your wonderful comments has been shared with the Amigo team.

We hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future and I remain at your entire disposal for further assistance needed.

Priyanka
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed July 27, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in June. The location is perfect, very close to Grand Place, the beautiful square in Brussels. However, because it is so close to the Grand Place our room was noisy at night. I had to use ear plugs all four nights. Maybe if the room had not been on the street side it would have been quiet. When we entered our room there was a lovely box of Belgium chocolates for us (very nice touch!). And every day there was complimentary water (both still and sparkling) which I found to be another nice touch. The room was very clean and the bathroom was great. A lovely tub/shower with a swinging glass door made it work well as both a tub and a shower. Also a bidet. The bed linens were very nice, but I think the bed could be a bit more comfortable, maybe needed to be upgraded. There was complementary wifi that worked very well. I really appreciate not being charged for wifi. I would definitely stay in this hotel again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Floatie
Priyanka B, Front of House Manager at Hotel Amigo, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear Floatie,

We thank you for your stay at the Hotel Amigo and taking some of your valuable time in putting your review on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to see that your had a good stay overall and enjoyed some of those Belgian Chocolates and the complimentary water that we put in your room.

I have shared your comments with the Executive Housekeeper regarding the room and the bed.

Indeed, the location is wonderful as it is just minutes away from the main square and all the local attractions.

Regarding the noise all our rooms have double shielded windows but for the lighter sleepers we have inner court side rooms.

I do hope to welcome you back at the not too distant future and remain at your entire disposal for further assistance you may need.

Priyanka
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 27, 2014

The Amigo understands its audience: people who want to enjoy Brussels, not just do business there. Yes, it has the best location for tourism in Belgium - down the corner from the Grand Place and its late 17th century gilded guild halls. But the management has paid attention to making the concept of service concrete. The staff is knowledgeable, multilingual, and thoroughly attentive to whatever a guest may need. I found the furnishings in my standard room basic, but entirely sufficient. Everything was clean, tidy, well-organized. Staff is both courteous, and direct. No phony anything. I checked in early, attended a day of meetings, had moule and frites in one of the many no-frills restaurants outdoors in the Grand Place (did not feel brash enough for the calves' brain, escargot, or traditional stews), and went off to a good night's sleep interrupted only by the (on time) wake up call by real human voice in the morning. Well done.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Gabriel_Winter
Priyanka B, Front of House Manager at Hotel Amigo, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Gabriel_winter,

It is a pleasure to read your review on TripAdvidsor regarding the Hotel Amigo!

I have shared your kind words with the Amigo team and we all thank you for it.

I do hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future and we will continue to provide the highest possible standards and services. In the mean time, I remain at your entire disposal for further assistance you may need.

Sincerely yours,

Thousand Oaks, California
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

This is a centrally located hotel with an excellent and friendly staff who anticipates your every need from the moment you enter. It is right around the corner from the Grand Place. We did hear a minute or two of late night "post-bar" celebration noise but it didn't bother us. If you are a light sleeper, you may want to ask for a room that doesn't face the street. I would be happy to stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear travelbuggie47,

I would like to thank you for your positive review on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to read that you enjoy your stay with us and that you found our staff friendly . I have happily shared your comment with the Amigo team.

We do hope to welcome you back at the Hotel Amigo and in the mean time, if there is anything I can do to make your future reservation more comfortable, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kosice, Slovakia
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed in the hotel just overnight but we will come back again when we are in Brussels. The hotel is in the very centre, close to the main square in Brussels. Everything is very pleasant and clean in the hotel. We liked our room and all interior and decorations, we were happy with the staff and with the restaurant. Breakfast was very nice and our dinner in their Italian restaurant was outstanding. If you like Italian food do not miss the chance to dine there (but I would recommend you to book a table in advance as when we were there - there was not any single table free - and it is not a small restaurant).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Silvia S,

Thank you for taking some of your valuable time in sharing your positive rewiew on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to see that you found our hotel pleasant and you were happy with the staff, the room decoration and especially our wonderful Bocconi restaurant.

I sincerely hope to welcome you back at the Hotel Amigo in the near future and in the mean time, please do not hesitate to contact me for further assistance you may need.

Front of House Manager
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

My wife, daughter and I just returned home from a fantastic stay at the Hotel Amigo in Brussels Belgium. This hotel offered us outstanding service during our stay. In fact, I would say the Amigo is perhaps my favorite hotel in all of Europe. While the location is central to all attractions in the city, what makes this hotel special is the exceptional service attitude of its staff. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear RobertC,

I am delighted to read your TripAdvisor comment and thank you for sharing it.

It is wonderful to hear that the Hotel Amigo is one of your favorites in Europe. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any further assistance or informations you may need.

Front of House Manager