“Very pleasant overall atmosphere, fantastic Italian cuisine”
Review of Hotel Amigo

Hotel Amigo
Ranked #3 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed in the hotel just overnight but we will come back again when we are in Brussels. The hotel is in the very centre, close to the main square in Brussels. Everything is very pleasant and clean in the hotel. We liked our room and all interior and decorations, we were happy with the staff and with the restaurant. Breakfast was very nice and our dinner in their Italian restaurant was outstanding. If you like Italian food do not miss the chance to dine there (but I would recommend you to book a table in advance as when we were there - there was not any single table free - and it is not a small restaurant).

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Priyanka B, Front of House Manager at Hotel Amigo, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Dear Silvia S,

Thank you for taking some of your valuable time in sharing your positive rewiew on TripAdvisor.

I am happy to see that you found our hotel pleasant and you were happy with the staff, the room decoration and especially our wonderful Bocconi restaurant.

I sincerely hope to welcome you back at the Hotel Amigo in the near future and in the mean time, please do not hesitate to contact me for further assistance you may need.

Front of House Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,449)

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

My wife, daughter and I just returned home from a fantastic stay at the Hotel Amigo in Brussels Belgium. This hotel offered us outstanding service during our stay. In fact, I would say the Amigo is perhaps my favorite hotel in all of Europe. While the location is central to all attractions in the city, what makes this hotel special is the exceptional service attitude of its staff. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear RobertC,

I am delighted to read your TripAdvisor comment and thank you for sharing it.

It is wonderful to hear that the Hotel Amigo is one of your favorites in Europe. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for any further assistance or informations you may need.

Front of House Manager

Reviewed July 23, 2014

This hotel has alle the classic features that make a fantastic hotel. Great service, attentive staff, beautifully decorated and clean rooms. The food and the in room service as well as the amenities were spotless and I will stay there again if I get the chance. The location could not be more central, but when it comes to sights and nightlife.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Priyanka B, Front of House Manager at Hotel Amigo, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Dear Heine Husted H,

We thank you for your 'Great Classic' review on the Hotel Amigo on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to hear that you found our hotel fantastic. Your positive comments on on the service and rooms have been shared with the Amigo Team.

We thank you again and do hope we have the opportunity in welcoming you back in the not too distant future. In the mean time, if there is anything else I can do, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We just returned from staying at this hotel. It's in a great location. Our room was spacious. The noise level was low. I would not however, recommend eating at the restaurant as it is extremely
expensive, even for brunch. There was no coffee machine in the room and I had to ask for one. They brought up a kettle with instant espresso. I felt a Nespresso machine would have been a
much better set up. We had issues connecting with their wi-fi and connected with one called 'Visa' instead. I would highly recommend free tours with Sandemans, which you can book on line or
just meet up in the The Grand Place or Grote Markt, a very short walk from the hotel. Of course, a nice tip is appreciated. The staff were very professional and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Priyanka B, Front of House Manager at Hotel Amigo, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Dear Mary T,

Thank you for taking some time in putting your review on TripAdvisor!

Your feedback is very important to us to strive to reach the highest standards. We have taken note about the Restaurant prices and coffee machines in the rooms. Just for future reference certain categories of rooms do have a Coffee Machines in the room.

I am happy to see that that overall your stay was a good one and I do hope to welcome you back at the Hotel Amigo. Please do not hesitate to contact me, if there is anything I can do for you in the future.

Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is an old jail but you'd meet guess by the rooms or the layout. We had requested a room upgrade when we booked online and pleasantly surprised when we received an upgrade to a suite when we checked in. The room is spacious with a comfortable bed and a huge bathroom. The staff is very helpful and the concierge did a great job arranging a day trip to Bruges and recommending restaurants, etc. A quick walk to the center of old Brussels this is a great place to stay.

Stayed: July 2014

Dear ToddandlisaS,

It is a pleasure to read your review on The Hotel Amigo on TripAdvisor!

It makes me feel even happier that you found our staff helpful and the concierge were able to provide you with recommendations.

Indeed, The Hotel Amigo is very well located, a foot step away from the main square and the other main places of interest.

I do hope to welcome you back at the Hotel Amigo and if there is anything I can do for your future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Centrally located, this Brussels hotel provided style, excellent service and an amazing dinner during our single night's stay. We were en route to Bruges to celebrate our 39th wedding anniversary and stayed for one night. We decided to dine in the restaurant and we're treated like royalty. Service was marvellous. As the hotel had been informed by our travel agent of our celebration, we found white wine on ice in our room, a voucher for for us to have a glass of champagne in the bar, rose petals strewn on our pillow. Such lovely touches made our short stay nonetheless memorable. Highly recommended, outstanding.

Dear MaryD0dd,

Thank you for this 'First Class' review!

It is wonderful to read that you had a great stay with us and that we achieved in making your anniversary special.

I have shared your reviews with the Amigo team and the team and I thank you for your stay.

I hope to welcome you in the not too distant future and in the mean time if there is anything I can do to make your future stay as special, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Perfect location, clean modern rooms, excellent service, awesome free breakfast, no silly extra charges for wifi, water, etc. This place was just perfect for my spouse and I for our 4 night stay in Brussels. We took day trips by train to Ghent and Brugge - just a 5 minute walk to the Central train station from the hotel. Avoid the tourist trap restaurants near the Grand Place (and the hotel). Use trip advisor or the hotel concierge to find the excellent places to eat in this cosmopolitan city.

Room Tip: Room 401 has fantastic views.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Priyanka B, Front of House Manager at Hotel Amigo, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Dear Paul25Atlanta,

Thank you for puting your thoughts and review of the Hotel Amigo on TripAdvisor!

It is a pleasure to read that you found our services, rooms and location perfect. Indeed, the central station is just a few minutes of a walk away which makes it a very easy access to visit other places.

You are absolutely right about the tourist traps and it best to avoid them. As you mentioned, our concierge are able to pin point all the restaurants that are a must in Brussels and will be able to guide you to any local area recommended.

We do hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future at the Hotel Amigo and in the mean time, if there is anything else I can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact me.