Hotel Amigo
$202
$128
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Brussels off Grand Place(Brussels)(Great Value!)
$109
$174
Trip.com
  • Room Service
2,522 results
All reviewsrocco fortethe grand placeconcierge staffperfect locationgreat hotelturn down serviceluxury hotelthe main squaredeluxe roomhotel restauranti highly recommend this hotelmanneken pisthe heart of the citycentral brusselscomfortable roomsbreakfast was includedvisiting brussels
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Perfectly comfortable but not 5 star. Excellent bar but disappointing breakfast. Rooms and bathrooms spacious with a good turn down service when towels are replenished. Nothing wrong with the service level but perhaps some public spaces looking a little old! I didn’t like the early drilling – 6.30am or the guest bouncing a ball late at night! I can only assume he was on a different time zone. Very good location for the tourist sights.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Lydie C, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Amigo, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear Guest,

We are grateful that you took time to share your impressions in regards to your recent stay with us.

While I read that you enjoyed the Bar Amigo and our location, I am sorry to hear that your experience did not meet totally your expectations, please allow us to express our sincerest apologies.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back at Hotel Amigo in the not too distant future.

Best regards from Brussels,

Reviewed June 6, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. It is located near to the Grand Place with a lot of attractions within walking distance. The hotel is a short walk from the train station. The staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms are a nice size, clean and the bed was conformable.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Dale L

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much from all of our team members for having taken the dedication to share your impressions on your recent stay with us!

Indeed, it is a delight for us to learn that you enjoyed our hotel’s facilities.

Best regards from Brussels,

Reviewed June 5, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Amigo. We arrived by train in Brussels and the hotel was a short, easy walk from the station. Our room was not quite ready when we arrived, but they stored our luggage and assured us our room would be ready soon. We went to have lunch - there are many restaurants close by - and when we returned our room was ready. We were on the third floor in a very nice room. We were directly across from the elevator, but we never had a problem with noise from the hallway. The room was simple but well appointed. We had a great view of the buildings and streets below. The bathroom was amazing. Very spacious and clean with a huge bathtub. I could not resist the bathtub and had to soak in it for about a half hour! It even had a heated towel bar. The bed was very comfortable and the refrigerator was well stocked. When we needed a taxi or postage, the concierge assisted very quickly. All of the staff were very nice and accommodating. Perhaps the best part of this hotel is its location. As I mentioned, it is a short walk from the train station, and an even shorter walk to the Grand Place. Many restaurants, bars and shops all around the hotel. We were traveling for pleasure, and I would highly recommend this hotel, especially if you are only in Brussels for a short time as it is centrally located.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view out toward the streets of Brussels.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for your nice review.

It is a real pleasure to learn that you had a memorable moment with us and that you enjoyed our location!

All the Amigo Team is looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

We were thrilled with our recent stay at the Amigo. To begin with, it was a short walk from Central Train Station, and was easy, even with our suitcases. The lobby area was very comfortable, and our Deluxe Room was spacious, elegant, and looked out across the street at the rear of the City Hall, which is right on the Central Place. You could see the City Hall tower from our window.

They were holding the annual Jazz Festival on the Place, and around the city on the day we arrived, so the central city was filled with people and music. Still, when we were in our room, you could not hear all the music that you heard outside the building.

Our breakfast was included and was quite nice. We also had dinner at their restaurant the first night, and that was good, but not super.

The hotel was a short walk from so many sights, and from the metro at Central Station, which we took to several sights. The city is very walkable, although we found the streets and maps extremely difficult to follow. (And we are accomplished map readers.)

Room Tip: OUr deluxe room was on the second floor, facing out toward city hall, but it was very quiet. The first non-smoking room they assigned to us smelled smoky, but they moved us down the hall to a room without that problem.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you very much for your kind comment regarding your stay at Hotel Amigo!

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your room, your breakfast and your dinner.

All the Amigo Team is looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Spent one night at the hotel, on a business trip and must say that the hotel is fine if you are in Brussels on vacations, but definitely, not a good place if you´re on business. I have the advantage of having lived in Brussels, I know the city very well, and therefore know that the hotel is perfectly located for sightseeing in Brussels. So far so good, but:

1. I got room 110, which could be the worst one at the hotel.....the "view" is to an internal patio, at the same level of the room + a stairway, half-constructued. Must confess that the room is quiet, but completely depressing to open the window and see this.

2. the internet connection is quite poor. I had to review some important documents, and was a challenge to have internet without interruption for 10 consecutive minutes

3. the chair and desk in the room, is very good, and with a nice style if you give value to deco, but impossible to sit there in front of a notebook for more than 30 minutes......my back started to hurt

4. No coffee machine in room. This is somehow a standard today at 5* hotels, unfortunately not at the Amigo. I had to call and ask for coffee in the morning

5. No iron nor board in room. Another important thing at a business hotel. Again, had to call and ask for them

6. When arrived at Brussels airport, took a taxi, and before jumping into the Taxi, I asked the driver if he takes credit cards. In Brussels, happened to me several times that they say that they accept cards, and then, the machine to process the card payment happens to be broken. This is the way, taxi drivers in Brussels push you to pay by cash, and save the 5% discount the credit card company charges them......exactly this happened to me. I arrived at the hotel, the taxi parked in the driveway, the credit card machine was "broken", the taxi driver asked me for cash, I said I had no cash, he argued with me, and told me that I have to go to an ATM, I told him that I will not do it, he spoke to me very loud saying that if a go to such an expensive hotel I should have money, then I told him that I was leaving the taxi, going to the hotel, checking in, and then, when he repairs the machine he should ask for me, he told me very loud that he wanted the money immediately, I started to walk into the hotel, and he took me by mir arm, and told him that he should never touch me again.....and then, miraculously, the credit card went through........why do I mention this ???? BECAUSE ALL THIS DISCUSSION TOOK PLACE AT THE DOOR OF THE HOTEL; ON MONDAY AT 11.50PM AND THERE WAS NOBODY FROM THE HOTEL THERE TO ASSIST; CHECK WHAT WAS GOING ON; WHY A TAXI DRIVER WAS SO AGGRESSIVE WITH A GUEST; ETC; ETC. Really did not like this.

To the room, clean, decent size, nice bed, and good decoration, but given the above, does not count to improve my rating of the hotel.

Room Tip: Any room with the exception of room 110. The hotel should turn this room to an office
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Alvaro E

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Hotel Amigo, a Rocco Forte hotel.

We are truly sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations and be sure that we will report this incident to the taxi company.

Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent any future occurrences.

We appreciate the time you took to share your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again.

Public Relation Manager