“Great location, great hotel”
Review of Hotel Amigo

Hotel Amigo
Ranked #3 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Hobart, Australia
“Great location, great hotel”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

This hotel is in a great location in the center of Brussels. It has all the things one would expect of a good hotel in a big city. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The restaurant is good, but maybe a bit expensive for what it is.

1 Thank Sarcophilus_harrisii
Eric F, Manager at Hotel Amigo, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Sarcophilus_harrisii:

Thank you very much from all of our team members for having taken the dedication to share your impressions on your recent stay with us.

Indeed, it is a delight for us to learn that our hotel’s facilities, services and location were outstanding.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back at the Rocco Forte Hotel Amigo Brussels in the not too distant future.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We could not fault the hotel accomodation. Coffee on arrival and then chocolates in the room were a nice touch. The outlook from our room wasn't great but the location of the hotel made up for that. It was right next to. Grand place and within walking distance of most of the sites. We recommend the bar delirium. It's got real character and beer with Gouda and mustard is a must.

Room Tip: Front of hotel might be better.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank alison t
Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for your raving review.

What a genuine pleasure to learn that you had a memorable moment with us.

All the Amigo Team is looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Was in Brussels for business and stayed at The Amigo for 1 week. Hands down, the best service I have ever experienced at a hotel, for business or pleasure. Incredibly friendly and helpful staff. My birthday happened to fall on a day the week I was there. After working a full day I came back to my room to find a birthday brownie cake and a hand written, personalized card from the hotel. I was very appreciative of it. As far as the room, incredibly clean and the turn down service was great. Very spacious, clean bathroom. Very good room service and laundry. For the business traveler, my room had a built in press machine for dress pants...very convenient. As far as location, it is in the heart of the city next to the Grand Place. Tons of bars, restaurants, and shops. Couldn't ask for more after a long day. As far as pricing, I paid 180 EUR/night, which included all you can eat breakfast. And this was not some lame buffet. I ordered anything and everything I wanted from the entire breakfast menu and it was included in the 180. Additionally, I did not have to go to the dining room for this. I ordered breakfast via room service at no extra charge.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank Joe Y
Dear Guest,

Thank you so very much for your high praises in regards to your recent stay with us.

This testimony will be shared with our associated so they can appreciate their daily commitments bear fruit.

My colleagues and I look forward to hosting you in the near future.

Kind regards,

Neuss, Germany
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We wanted to celebrate our Anniversary, and picked both Brussels and Hotel Amigo to do it. What a pleasant surprise. Service was what you dream about, Hotel is well located, and advice on how to enjoy Brussels was provided with a smile. I recommend this to anyone visiting the city.

Room Tip: Pick a deluxe room or more, and enjoy the experience
2 Thank robertharper3
Dear Guest,

What a delight to read that you had a memorable experience with us.

This will undoubtedly fuel our associates’ motivation in always delivering “the perfect guest experience”.

We all look forward to welcoming you very soon.

Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We planned a trip on the Eurostar and decided on Brussels for our weekend break. From the moment we stepped out of the taxi everyone from doorman to chamber maids treated us in the most friendly but professional manner. We ate in the restaurant twice and although fairly expensive found the food delightful. Would thoroughly recommend this hotel you certainly get what you pay for.

3 Thank Sandra L

Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Perfect location. rooms are very spatious, nicely furnished with very cofortable bed. Luxurious bathroom. Breakfast was marvellous and Marianna provided all guests with very cordial attedance. All staff was welcoming, friendly and polite. I would espetialy mention Costel the doorman.
I would revert with great pleasure to this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank mariana b
Eric F, Manager at Hotel Amigo, responded to this review, March 4, 2014

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

I planned a romantic birthday visit to Brussels, but had no real knowledge of accommodations outside the U.S. I made multiple reservations based on hotel websites. The inability it confirm a king-sized bed at other hotels caused me to continue my search.
This hotel's relationship with American Express caused me to cancel my other reservations and settle on the Hotel Amigo.
No disappointment at all!
The initial reception was warm, welcoming, and professional. All needs were met immediately.
I was only concerned about room size, but received an upgrade at check-in. I will make sure I book the larger room each time!
The bathroom was lovely, included nice products, bidet, towel warmer and robes.
The welcoming amenity was a delight. Who doesn't love chocolate?!
We ate several times in the restaurant and could not have been more pleased. The breakfast was delicious and there was a good variety.
Dinner was wonderful and romantic.
My only complaint, if I have to make one, was concerning the bar service. We ordered drinks in the lounge and then waited forever. We looked out the window and our server had gone on a smoking break! I finally approached the bar and was told they were working on our drinks. This service turned our plan from one of settling in to have cocktails, to one of ONE drinks and depart the lounge.
Overall, I cannot wait to return to Brussels in the fall, and will not stay anymore BUT the Amigo!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank roseh99
Eric F, Manager at Hotel Amigo, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am grateful that you took time to share your impressions in regards to your recent stay with us.

While I read that you had a memorable experience with us, I have duly noted your remark concerning the waiting time at the Bar which failed short of our expectations; this shall be included in our qualitative planning.