“Amigo is the only Luxury friend in Brussels”
Review of Hotel Amigo

Hotel Amigo
Ranked #3 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
London, United Kingdom
“Amigo is the only Luxury friend in Brussels”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Have been coming for 4 years on business trips to this little luxury hotel in Brussels - has never failed me - location in the middle of the centre close to grand place very convenient. Rooms are not big but you are not in Brussels to sit in your room. Service, concierge desk, bar and restaurant are very good - its for me home away from home but for tourists there is NO better spot in Brussels !

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Long Island, NY
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed at the Amigo for four nights with our teenage sons over the winter break. We could not have been in a better location, which was right near the Grand Platz. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. When we checked in they informed us that because we were with teens, they put us in the Tin-tin rooms. The decor struck the right balance of fun and sophistication. The breakfast buffet was delicious and plentiful. The staff was courteous and friendly. We were also able to take advantage of a special two rooms for the price of one deal that was offered at the time, making it a very affordable stay in a lovely, well located property. Small touches like free bottled water bedside were appreciated. My only surprise was that in the city of chocolate, there is no chocolate on the pillows at turn down service.

Room Tip: Love the Tintin rooms
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ellen L
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed January 19, 2013

location was spot on. rooms were elagant and very good quality, although my lightbulb went out in the bathroom, but the hotel had this problem fixed straight away (wasnt their fault the bulb went out!) however it is their fault to charge so much for the internet. the breakfast in my opinion was avaerage but i had a room and breakfast package so i was forced to eat here each morning. next time i would stay, but would take breakfast in a local cafe instead.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Eric F, Manager at Hotel Amigo, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our central location and the comfort of our rooms.

I am excited to share with you that we have revamped the breakfast experience since then and I trust it will be as appealing to you as it has been thus far to other guests on a future visit.

In regards to the Wi-Fi, the Management is currently assessing on how to respond positively in the near future to the guests’ expectations of a complimentary Wi-Fi.

Yours sincerely,

Rooms Division Manager
Altrincham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 18, 2013

The hotel is at a great central location and only a minute walk from the Grand Place and it is next to the police station.

We visited the Christmas light shows in the Grand Place and Christmas market nearby which was fantastic.

The rooms and facilities were good except for free wifi which they didn't
provide so we went to the local Mc Donald's for the free wifi and coffee.

Breakfast was lovely which we enjoyed.

Room Tip: Rooms at high floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
NYC
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Gorgeous lobby and relatively attractive rooms, but there are real problems with this hotel. The outrageous €20-a-day Internet charge is simply robbery; who charges for internet anymore? Breakfast buffet was ample, but nothing extraordinary - at about €30 per person per night, which is nearly $50. Excuse me? I've have much better breakfasts included with room or at $10 per person per night. Biggest problem is simply poor management and a general lack of communication within the staff: housekeeping showed up at 9 am the day we planned to check out (why?); repeatedly we had to explain that certain costs had been included in our reservation, which was made with a group; some members of the group received some services included, others received different ones. And staff was, by turns, either annoyingly obsequious or simply arrogant, arguing with guests and failing entirely to apologize when it was ultimately shown that they were mistaken.

Oh, and "king sized bed" are not king-sized beds. They're two mattresses shoved together in a king-sized frame. Woe to the one who lands in the middle all night long!

On the up side: the hotel could not be better located. The lobby truly is beautiful, and the concierge efficient. Essentially, this has all the potential to be an excellent hotel; but it either needs new management or a serious re-thinking of its pricing policies and the orchestration of its staff.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Eric F, Manager at Hotel Amigo, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Uchti,

Thank you for relating your recent experience at The Amigo Brussels.

While I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our convenient location and décor, I am very disappointed to learn that the overall Staff Members’ attitude was far below from the high expectations we set to ourselves and regularly achieve; this is definitely not the manner Hotel Amigo Brussels wants to portray itself.

I relate to your comment on the Wi-Fi and, while we are carefully evaluating on how to positively evolve this service, we do offer complimentary internet as well as full printing at our Business Centre.

For the breakfast pricing, while I know it is in line with our competitors, I have instructed our Director of Food and Beverage operations to undertake a survey. On a same note, I have also instructed our Executive Housekeeper to follow thru on your comment regarding the disruptive entry of the maid and to design a project about the very few king rooms that feature two mattresses.

Dear Uchti, you will find below my contact details and I propose you make contact with me in order to see how I can mend this regrettable situation.

Rooms Division Manager
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I felt like I paid way too much for what I got. The suite was nice but definitely not worth the price.
Our breakfast was included but because the restaurant was full we had it at the bar... where there was not much to eat to be honest.
I did not find the staff particularly welcoming either.
I also have a problem in general with hotels that make you pay for wi-fi... it feels like extortion!
The location is great though.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Eric F, Manager at Hotel Amigo, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Dear Sandolliou,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Amigo Brussels and taking the time to share your impressions.

While I am glad that you enjoyed our convenient location, I am disappointed to read that the suite, the breakfast experience at the Bar and the staff attitude were not up to your satisfaction.

Our Director of Food and Beverage Operations is currently assessing a better way to handle congestion during the breakfast service and to deliver an equally satisfactory breakfast experience at the Amigo Bar.

We pride ourselves on delivering a caring service and your experience did not reflect that; please accept my sincere apologies and your appreciation has been shared with our Managers to ensure a follow-up.

I hope we will have an opportunity to recover the loss good will on a future visit.

Yours truly,

Director of Rooms
efalcucci@roccofortehotels.com
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed here over Easter, and was not disappointed, from the chauffeur who collected us from the train station to the concierge when we arrived we were made welcome.

The rooms were well appointed, they can be noisy but would expect this being right in the centre of the city.

Breakfasts were very good and set you up for the day.

The bar area was relaxing and a great place to unwind after a days sightseeing,

We will be back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel its quieter!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Eric F, Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Amigo, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear StuartB1962,

I am so pleased to hear that you found our guest rooms well appointed and that you were able to take advantage of our centrally located property.

Indeed, Rocco Forte Hotel Amigo offers a wide array of rooms and those facing the inner courtyard are less prone to noise.

Thank you for writing to us and I look forward to welcoming you back at The Amigo.

Director of Rooms