“Peaceful and Classic”
Review of Hotel Amigo

Hotel Amigo
Ranked #3 of 198 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We had a very good three night stay at this hotel. On our first morning the waitress tried to overcharge us for breakfast but it was quickly corrected. Throughout our stay staff was very helpful. We weren't staying in a Suite but were one step up from a normal room and it was great. Very spacious, clean and classically designed. The bathroom was large and the shower had great water pressure. It all felt luxurious. I'm not sure about the standard in Europe but in North America Wifi is always free. We get free wifi when we pay for a $2 cup of coffee so one would expect it when paying for a $300 room. And it was 20 euro a day. If it wasn't for that I would have given the hotel 5 stars. Regardless, I would definitely go back again and recommend it. Also, it's quite close to the Grand Place yet has a lovely, calm atmosphere.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hotel Managemen... H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Amigo, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you to have chosen the Amigo for your visit in Brussels and for the kind comments you have shared. Please be assured I have shared your positive comments with all the staff of the hotel.

In regards to the Wi-Fi, we provide a high speed and secure internet connection with dedicated bandwidth for our guests. Obviously, there is a cost involved to develop and maintain the infrastructure behind this high quality service. As an alternative, we do provide a complimentary Internet access at the Business Centre for our guests.

I truly hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back at the Rocco Forte Amigo Brussels soon.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Amigo

Reviewed November 20, 2012

The Hotel Amigo is right in the center of the town, 1 min away from the big square. The Hotel is nice and quite and the service is very high level. The deluxe room was very nice and clean and breakfast in the Bocconi restaurant is very good. I loved the Fornasetti theme! Definitely a place to go!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cigno2nero

Dear Guest,

Thank you to have chosen the Amigo for your visit in Brussels and for the kind comments you have shared. Your evaluation of our various services and facilities is very much appreciated. Please be assured I have shared your positive comments with all the staff of the hotel.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back at the Amigo, may I take this opportunity to thank you again for your remarks.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stayed in Hotel Amigo, a former prison, for 1 night in November 2012. Location is second to none when visiting Brussels for tourist purpose: only a few steps from the historical Grand Place. Valet parking is provided, check-in was efficient and friendly, this hotel has a chique and stylish vibe to it.
Room was of medium size, and came nicely appointed in an international style with some TinTin and Surrealist items providing a sense of place. All was very clean, and most important: the bed was very good, and it was quiet at night. Shower (in the bath) and television (a small Philips) left room for improvement though.
Breakfast is served in de Bocconi Restaurant and consists of a more than adequate and attractive buffet, with fresh fruits, juices and a selection of meats and cheeses. Small remarks: coffee was watery, and we were not spontaneously offered the option of a breakfast cooked to order.
This hotel is a sure bet when visiting Brussels, and definitely ranks among the city's best.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you to have chosen the Amigo for your visit in Brussels and for the kind comments you have shared. Your evaluation of our various services and facilities is very much appreciated. Please be assured I have shared your comments with all the staff of the hotel.

However I have taken good note of your comments for improvement in regards to the shower and the television which I have shared them with the upper management.
As regards to the breakfast service and the quality of the coffee, needless to say I am sorry to learn that your experience was not up to your expectations. I want to express my sincerest apologies to you for any discomfort caused as this certainly does not reflect the standards in which we pride ourselves on here at the Rocco Forte Hotel Amigo.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights recently whilst attending a conference in Brussels.

The hotel was not on the list of official conference hotels but I chose it on the strength of the Tripadvisor reviews and its proximity to the conference venue. Happily, it lived up to the reviews. The room was comfortable and quiet (6th floor). Service was efficient and polite. At breakfast, cold items were available from a buffet with cooked food available to order.

However, I would have liked to have had free wifi and tea/coffee making facilities in the room.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Management Team J, Director of Sales at Hotel Amigo, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear Sandsy40,

We have well noted your comment about the wifi and tea/coffee making facilities in the room. We know that these points are more than important to reach the expectations of our guest. I will certainly share this information with our management team.

However, we are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Hotel Amigo and we warmly thank you for this review.

Kind regards

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Overall, a very good experience. This well located hotel has a very good staff. The rooms are reasonably well appointed and the restaurant is good, although a little pricey. I feel that the next time we may be in Brussels, we would certainly consider staying here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Management Team J, Front Office Manager at Hotel Amigo, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear BojanglesAustin,

It is a real pleasure to read that you have been satisfied with our hotel and especially its location.

Thank you for the courtesy of sharing your experience on TripAdvisor and we are very much looking forward to welcome you back to the Hotel Amigo!

Your sincerely,

Reviewed November 12, 2012

This was the second time I stayed at this hotel, in the heart of Brussels. It's a gem! But very hidden! Located in an old prisson, next to a polic station, it is part of a pedestrian zone. Most of the time these little streets are closed one way or an other, so it required kind of breaking th law, trying to reach it by car.....and remember....it's next to a police station.
Any way, once you're there, the welcome is very warm. Excellent service and great rooms. All the comfort you need.
The bar is partly part of the lobby and is quite cozy.
The restaurant/breakfast room serves good food, but misses warmth and here the service lacks a personal touch.

The location is unique. Walking distance from nice squares, restaurants etc incl "Manneke Pis".

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Eric D
Management Team J, Sales | Marketing Coordinator at Hotel Amigo, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Edorlas,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a detailed review of your recent stay at the Hotel Amigo. I was sorry to read that certain parts of your stay did not live up to your expectations and I have shared your comments with the restaurant team. However, I was pleased to read you enjoyed the bar, the location and the room and that you were able to visit the shops in central Brussel. I do hope I get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel Amigo when you are next in Brussel.

Marine Teste

Reviewed November 12, 2012

First I have to say that the Hotel is a first class Hotel, with first class service. Especially the concierge service, the front desk and the bell boy give you the impression and feeling that you expect of such a 5* Hotel.

The location is great just next to the "Grande Place" it is impossible to be more central!!! The room (609) had a balcony and a great view on the city hall and the roofs of Brussels "intra muros" great!

Our room was clean, nice big enough and luminous. Nevertheless, it was a bit dated, especially the Bathroom was disappointing for an Hotel of that category and price, just a Bathtub, with a shower curtain.

While expecting to pay for your Wi-Fi in Europe I'm always surprised that a 5* Hotel where you pay 250€ + for a night, still charges you 30 € for Wi-Fi....and it's not even unlimited. Further 30 € for 24h. parking is huge.

Finally but not least, the breakfast was disappointing. The quality of the continental food and variety (“croissants”, “paints au chocolat”, Belgian waffles, fruit, ham, cheese etc.) was as you'd expect in this price range but there were no "cooked" items nor were they proposed.

But all this was acceptable...what was not, was the Maître d’hôtel reprehending a young waitress several times in front of us in a way that she nearly cried and made me feel very uncomfortable as I thought he was unfair.

As conclusion I can state that you pay the location, the service but not the room and certainly not the breakfast. For me if I am paying this price I expect everything to be absolutely perfect if it's not I can't recommend even if it’s a good product in itself...

Room Tip: Ask for room 609 as it has a balcony and an absolutely stunning view
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Management Team J, Sales & Coordinator at Hotel Amigo, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Jules_wanderlust,

We would like to thank you for taking time to write your positive comments regarding your experience this month at the Hotel Amigo on TripAdvisor.

Our first priority is to make our guests feel comfortable so it is a real pleasure to read how much you liked the concierge service, the front desk and the bell boy service at the Hotel.

Regarding the shower tub, we are tryinng to change them all to create showers more spacious and comfortable.
As regards to the breakfast service, needless to say we were sorry to learn that your experience was not up to your expectations. Regarding the service, our staff was in training and they were learning standards. But as we can read in your review, the didn't suggest you the American breakfast with a selection of hot items. We sincerely hope that we could make amends on a return visit when you would have a more serene and pleasant breakfast at the Bocconi. If we let you down for breakfast we deeply apologize.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again at the Hotel Amigo in the near future.

Marine Teste