“relaxing stay at hotel Amigo”
Review of Hotel Amigo

Hotel Amigo
Ranked #3 of 199 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Nice hotel, in central brussels, elegant rooms and very nice staff members. As italian family it is usually very difficult to find a GOOD italian restaurant to eat in. But in Brussels we absolutly found it, Restaurant Bocconi mixes charmant staff with very good and genuin food. Me and my family were very happy about our short stay in Bussels and recomend the restaurant and hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank valeria b
Hotel Managemen... H, Director of Sales at Hotel Amigo, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Dear Valeria,

Thank you very much for taking time to write a so enthusiastic review about your recent stay at the Hotel Amigo.

I am very happy to see that your stay at the Hotel Amigo has brought you entire satisfaction. I will be delighted to share your kind comments with my entire team.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back !

Yours sincerely,

Martijn Koelman

Write a ReviewReviews (2,425)

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my brief stay. Every member of the staff provided 5-star service. You simply can't beat the location. The room was modern, understated, and quiet. Nearby I recommend a visit to La Brasserie des Brussels and the unforgettable Champagnotheque in the arcade.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank LosAngelesTravel123
Hotel Managemen... H, Director of Sales at Hotel Amigo, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Guest,
Simply thank you for such a wonderful review. I am delighted that you enjoyed a wonderful experience with us.
Sincerely

Reviewed October 22, 2012

This Hotel is in a very convenient location right next to the main square so if you only have a short time in Brussels you can make the most of it. The rooms are very clean and well appointed. The only negative was that there was no free internet.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank John747_12
Hotel Managemen... H, Director of Sales at Hotel Amigo, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Dear Guest, Indeed "location" is key, but we are also delighted to host Adriano Venturini and his expert team of gastronomic professionals, and tens of other expert professionals within our walls! I have taken good note of your misfeeling regarding internet.Thank you for being our guest and look forward to welcoming you again very soon! Best regards,

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I realize that's quite a title, but I always choose the Amigo. I hadn't been in a year or so, but it was superb again. What I love about the Amigo: The owners are amazing at keeping up the property. You'll think it was just renovated -- there are no paint chips anywhere. Immaculately clean. Large, spacious rooms are a pleasure for the business traveler and would be a tranquil home away from home for a couple. Also rooms are very quiet. I also like the exercise center. Finally, you are in the heart of Brussels so even 20 minutes of spare time can be spent sight-seeing.

I love the heated floor in the bathroom. Not only is that comforting, but water doesn't stay on the floor so you avoid the slippery floor pheneomenon -- important with each passing year!

But the staff make your stay special. As an American with no modern foreign language ability, I am never talked down to. The staff go out of their way to help you. You need a cab at 4am -- no problem. You need a 30 minute stroll --- they'll custom design one for you, with your interests in mind.

To me, all of the above defines a five star stay. It is that rare hotel when you smile when you walk through the door.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank FredTravelVa
Hotel Managemen... H, Director of Sales at Hotel Amigo, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to write a so enthusiastic review about your recent stay at The Rocco Forte Hotel Amigo.

I am very happy to see that your stay at The Rocco Forte Hotel has brought you entire satisfaction. I will be delighted to share your kind comments with my entire team.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back !

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is a great hotel, in a great location but on the night I stayed I was woken countless times during the night and early hours by the merry makers in the street below. Not to mention the traffic rumbling along the cobbled street. I don't blame the hotel for this but next time I'll be asking for a room on a higher floor and preferably one that is not overlooking the street.

The hotel and rooms are excellent but the service in the restaurants is a bit hit and miss. One morning at breakfast it was 15 minutes before a member of staff approached me to ask whether I wanted coffee. I got the distinct impression both at breakfast and dinner that it lacked organisation.

Whilst the staff and service in the restaurant left something to be desired this was definitely not the case with the Concierge, who were very attentive and accommodating.

Overall this is a great hotel, extremely well located but I think a bit more staff training is required, especially in the restaurants.

Room Tip: Avoid the lower rooms that overlook the street and allow plenty of time if you are planning to dine...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank PhileasPhoggy

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comment on Trip Advisor.

I value and appreciate your feedback and I was most concerned to read about you mixed feelings regarding the service in the restaurant.

I have been particularly sorry to learn that you were disappointed with the welcome you received at our restaurant was not the appropriate. I want to express my sincerest apologies to you for any discomfort caused as this certainly does not reflect the standards in which we pride ourselves on here at the Rocco Forte Hotel Amigo.

Please be aware that I have discussed your comments with the our head of department to avoid situations such as these from arising in the future.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Righ of the main square and nested in a charming neighborhood, the Amigo is a great one or two night choice for Brussels. The well run hotel is professional, tailored and comfortable. The front desk staff was very helpful and personable and the concierge was a pro.

The room was nicely furnished, a little bland, but very comfortable. The bathroom was large and simply excellent! Fantastic bathroom!

The understaffed restraurant was a bit of a serivce disaster and the pasta was floating in grease. The breakfast buffet was also lackluster and needed some help.

But, alll in all a top pick for this charming little city.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TRVLtruth

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor this nice feedback about your recent stay at Le Meurice.

We were truly delighted to read how much you enjoyed the services of our staff as well as the location of the hotel.

We sincerely regret the issue you encountered with the restaurant. Please be assured that I asked our chef and restaurant manager to look at this matter into detail.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Rocco Forte Hotel Amigo

With my best regards,

Reviewed October 17, 2012

The Amigo is a spectacular hotel located one-half block from the Grand Place, the historic heart of Brussels, and usually the first site visited by tourists. Staff are polite and eager to be of service; the rooms are very large and elegant, with unbelievably comfortable beds and Belgium-specific artworks. (Magritte and Tintin abound.) Bathrooms feature a separate foot bath. Even though we were on the first floor (which most Americans would call the second floor), we had a quiet room with a charming view of cobblestone streets. My only complaint is that Wi-Fi was not free; in fact, it was 30 Euros a day, which I found quite steep; however, we got a daily 30-minute pass for the Business Centre, which features two computers with lightning-fast internet.

Room Tip: If you're a VERY light sleeper, ask for an upper floor room; otherwise, I don't believe ther...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dragonminder

Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to give your feedback on TripAdvisor as a result of your stay at The Rocco Forte Hotel Amigo in October.

We are touched by your compliments as our objective is to have the best quality in service. We are also pleased that you enjoyed not only the décor of the Hotel and its location, but most of all our friendly staff.

Thank you for your precious appreciation, and know that we do look forward to welcoming you back at the Rocco Forte Hotel Amigo in the near future.

Sincerely yours