“Maybe the best but I still can't stand shower curtains...”
Review of Hotel Amigo

Hotel Amigo
Ranked #3 of 198 Hotels in Brussels
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Ideally located, has the reputation of being the best hotel in Brussels and definitely a very good hotel but I can't stand single beds (even less when my reservation says King size bed and the King size in question is two single beds pushed together) and no separate shower. I can't stand shower curtains and that is having been upgraded to a Luxury room...
One lift is not enough and breakfast was OK, not more.
Impeccable service though.
Would I return? May be but only after ensuring I have a decent size bed and a separate shower.

2  Thank GGDD
Hotel Managemen... H, General Manager at Hotel Amigo, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your valuable comments referring to your stay at the Hotel Amigo.
We are glad to let you know we are looking at implementing soonest glass panels to replace the current shower curtains, and separate shower are available as from the Executive room level and Suites obviously.
Thank you for advising the level of service from our staff did meet your expectations, your comment on breakfast has been taken into consideration.
The Hotel Amigo does offer two elevators, both located in the lobby for quicker service and 90 % of our king size bedded rooms do offer one mastress, the remaining 10 % do offer king bedded rooms with the alternative to twin beeded rooms. The matresses are from the higgest quality as a good night sleep is a must.

Dear Guest, we sincerely hope to have the pleasure welcoming you back, please do ask for our Executive Rooms in the future, we are sure we will meet your expectations next time !

Jacques VITU

Write a ReviewReviews (2,460)

Reviewed January 23, 2012

the amigo is an excellent hotel , I had not been there for many years . It was consistent with my memories, very comfortable room , excellent service and friendliness . he location also is perfect

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank elisabethle
Hotel Managemen... H, General Manager at Hotel Amigo, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad you enjoyed our consistency in our services and product. Welcome back soonest !

Reviewed January 21, 2012

hotel is beautiful! and the location is right behind the Grand Place! and near many more attractions, as well as short walk to Central train station. Staff- from doorman to maids -everyone was extremely friendly and eager to help. Concierge provided me with maps and even took me outside to show me which street to take. They called restaurants and helped me find what i was looking for. The heated bathroom floors and towel racks were amazing! Only complaint was for a 100 euro a week for internet access in my room- it was frequently down, for no clear reason. It would randomly kick on during the day, but was frustrating for having to pay so much. Still a 5 star hotel! Highly recommend!

2  Thank Jess T

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for staying at the Hotel Amigo, we do appreciate having you with us.
Very best regards

Reviewed January 19, 2012

We stayed at the Amigo for 2 nights just after Christmas and were very happy that we chose this hotel.

The location was perfect, just off the Grand Place – in fact we were lucky enough to have a room that had a view of one of the spires on the square; when it was lit up at night it was very pretty.

We booked an Executive King and were given a very nice room on the 6th floor. The room included a small entry area that had its own second door which we would close at night and eliminate noise from the hall (our room was very close to the elevator but noise really wasn’t an issue). In addition to the King bed, there was a small sofa, coffee table and two chairs in a sitting area. There was also a desk off the entry and plenty of closet space. The bath was fine, though it was a single sink and a tub shower combo and I prefer dual sink and separate shower; not a major issue. Our room even included a very small balcony, again, with a view toward the Grand Place. In all, we found the room to be very well laid out and user friendly. It was not huge but was very comfortable, nicely decorated, and we had everything we needed.

Our room rate included breakfast which was quite good with various hot and cold options. We also had dinner in the Italian restaurant which was good. Finally, we lounged in the bar during a rainy period. The bar was also nice and provided a good place just to hang out, something we think is key to a good hotel.

The hotel seemed to be very much a business hotel which was fine with us and we were able to get an amazing deal given the time of year.

If we return to Brussels we will definitely return to the Amigo and recommend it highly.

Room Tip: The Executive King was very nice.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Hotel Managemen... H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Amigo, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you to have chosen the Amigo for your visit in Brussels and for the kind comments you have shared. Your evaluation of our various services and facilities is very much appreciated. Please be assured I have shared your positive comments with all the staff of the hotel.
Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back at the Amigo, may I take this opportunity to thank you again for your remarks.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

I had a two night 'tourist' break with my girlfriend in the Amigo hotel before Christmas 2011 and absolutely loved it. Fantastic friendly staff, they couldn't do enough for you. Special mention to the Maitre D at breakfast and to the concierge and porters.
I rate a hotel on how they deal with an 'issue'. Reported that the drain in the shower was emptying slowly before we dined in the bar. It was tended to immediately while we ate.
Highly recommended hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RMPQ2011

Reviewed January 16, 2012

I've stayed here three times now and always felt slightly guilty about paying so much when I could stay for a fraction of the price in a number of other hotels. But sometimes you have to say, 'I'm worth it' and enjoy the luxury that, in this case, €260 pays for. The location is superb - just behind one of Europe's most coherent and beautiful squares with enough shops and restaurants to keep anyone happy. Quiet rooms with splendid bathrooms and top class fabrics - all done with an eye to reflecting Belgian culture.

The breakfast buffet starts any day off well - although make sure that you read the menu carefully and order exactly what you want rather than rush. Service is typically Belgian - friendly but not effusive with a certain professional detachment.

€20 for 24 hours wi-fi is the only major downside. It always seems to take a long time for taxis to arrive - perhaps next time I'll walk a bock and pick up one at a rank. That assumes there will be a next time, though... Of course there'll be a next time, I'll still be worth it.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel don't have good views - but at least try to get one on the 5th fl...
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Nice place, very good service. I spent a lot of money but I got a lot for it. I'm sure that I will go there again.

• Stayed: December 2011
3  Thank Schmecklecker1
Hotel Managemen... H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Amigo, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2012