“The best steak I have ever eaten”
Review of Restaurant Sainte-Catherine - CLOSED

Restaurant Sainte-Catherine
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Quite pricey, but well worth it! I had the best steak ever. The meat was incredibly good! And the size of the steak was huge.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I've been here with some friends after the reviews i found of this place.
We ordered the 25€ menu.
the starter were quite ok but the main meal was overcooked or burned. The salmon we received was definitively overcooked and the skin was completely burned.
The dessert (or chease) was hudge.
For the menu of 25€ you eat hudge portions but with extremely low quality cooking.
I won't go back. For the same amout of money i paid (around 35€ each with the bottle of wine) i can go in plenty of other better restaurant in Bruxelles.

2  Thank Alberto D
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This restaurant is conveniently located right around the corner from the hotel I was staying at in St Catherine region. I was determined to go to this restaurant after seeing the many positive reviews on Tripadvisor, and the whole experience left me with no regret.

As I entered the restaurant, the first thing that caught my eyes was the kitchen. The chef/patron was grilling some meats; a sight that reminded me of being back at home anxiously waiting for delicious grandma's cooking. Needless to say, the food was neither absent of class nor taste.

I ordered the set meal of 35 Euros which consisted of scallops, fillet of beef, and ice cream while my partner ordered the set meal of 25 Euros; salad, steak, and assortment of cheeses.The fillet was so tender I could not retain myself from closing my eyes and savouring every bit of its taste. Our bill came to 98 Euros including for two sets of meals, a bottle of water and wine. Towards the end of the meal, the chef came to the dining areas and started to ask for everyone' experience, which I found to be quite nice. The server was also commendable for being efficient and cheerful all the time.

The whole experience made feel at home away from home. For anyone visiting the area, I highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

I came here for dinner and I was the only patron. The chef and waiter were very attentive and kind. The food is nothing too fancy--expect the basics but it will be quite tasty. It feels like home cooking. The restaurant is very small and quaint. I think it's a good value. I had one of the prefix menus: 25€ for an escargot appetizer, steak main course, and a small assortment of cheeses.

The gastronomic experience won't blow you away but you will have a good affordable meal.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

The outside of the restaurant had us a bit skeptical, but so glad we went in! Although we ate outside on the lovely/heated patio, we loved that you could see right into the kitchen - which looks just like anyone's home.. and the owner makes you feel just like that. THE BEST STEAK EVER! Done perfectly. And dessert! There is a bed/breakfast above the restaurant - we met a sweet older couple staying there that absolutely loved it (we didnt stay, but thought it was a great area..). Definitely eat here.. spend some time.. enjoy!!