“Fantastic dining experience in Brussels”

Restaurant Sainte-Catherine
Ranked #662 of 3,578 Restaurants in Brussels
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Umag, Croatia
“Fantastic dining experience in Brussels”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This restaurant is conveniently located right around the corner from the hotel I was staying at in St Catherine region. I was determined to go to this restaurant after seeing the many positive reviews on Tripadvisor, and the whole experience left me with no regret.

As I entered the restaurant, the first thing that caught my eyes was the kitchen. The chef/patron was grilling some meats; a sight that reminded me of being back at home anxiously waiting for delicious grandma's cooking. Needless to say, the food was neither absent of class nor taste.

I ordered the set meal of 35 Euros which consisted of scallops, fillet of beef, and ice cream while my partner ordered the set meal of 25 Euros; salad, steak, and assortment of cheeses.The fillet was so tender I could not retain myself from closing my eyes and savouring every bit of its taste. Our bill came to 98 Euros including for two sets of meals, a bottle of water and wine. Towards the end of the meal, the chef came to the dining areas and started to ask for everyone' experience, which I found to be quite nice. The server was also commendable for being efficient and cheerful all the time.

The whole experience made feel at home away from home. For anyone visiting the area, I highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited December 2012

New York City, New York
“Very cosy spot in the St Catherine neighborhood”
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

I came here for dinner and I was the only patron. The chef and waiter were very attentive and kind. The food is nothing too fancy--expect the basics but it will be quite tasty. It feels like home cooking. The restaurant is very small and quaint. I think it's a good value. I had one of the prefix menus: 25€ for an escargot appetizer, steak main course, and a small assortment of cheeses.

The gastronomic experience won't blow you away but you will have a good affordable meal.

Ottawa, Canada
“LOVE!”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The outside of the restaurant had us a bit skeptical, but so glad we went in! Although we ate outside on the lovely/heated patio, we loved that you could see right into the kitchen - which looks just like anyone's home.. and the owner makes you feel just like that. THE BEST STEAK EVER! Done perfectly. And dessert! There is a bed/breakfast above the restaurant - we met a sweet older couple staying there that absolutely loved it (we didnt stay, but thought it was a great area..). Definitely eat here.. spend some time.. enjoy!!

• Visited July 2012
New york
“Mediocre”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I thought the food was underwhelming. Unfortunately, we sat where we could see kitchen and could see our host/waiter, go straight from handling money to handling lettuce of the salad that he served us - no handwashing. I don't think hand hygiene is very good anywhere in Brussels, but we got to see it with our own eyes here because there is an open kitchen.

It was also very annoying that the cook/owner turned on the TV and it was very loud. It feels like you are in his living room, but it just happens to be a restaurant.

I would not recommend this place.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Trippy406
Ekero, Sweden
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A gem”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We went here on recommendation from Tripadvisor and we certainly didn't regret it. The chef (and I guess the owner) made us feel right at home in this cozy restaurant. The service was excellent and the food/wine was everything we could ask for.

Perhaps not a place for the business dinner but a perfect place for a lunch/dinner with family/friends or perhaps a date.

• Visited October 2012