“Great local restaurant”

Restaurant Sainte-Catherine
Ranked #743 of 3,689 Restaurants in Brussels
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I would echo the reviews of some other contributors. This is quite a small basic restaurant, with limited choices on the menu. However, the food is very fresh and very well prepared. I chose Sole Meuniere and it was perfectly cooked. The owner came out twice to check that everyting was to my satisfaction and stopped and had a chat while I was finishing my coffee. I would recommend it without hesitation for anyone looking for a good dinner at a reasonable price.

1  Thank MrFun239
There are newer reviews for Restaurant Sainte-Catherine

Reviewed March 22, 2012

We visited on a saturday evening (20.00hrs). I booked in advance after reading other reviews. We arrived and there was one more couple in the place. The owner made a big deal about "have you booked". So in an empty restaurant we was seated within touching distance of the other diners?
The food was basic and not wow factor at all.
My wife says i'm obsessed with tripadvisor and it serves me right for hanging on every review.
So in future tripadivsor will not rule my holiday. honest

2  Thank maxine007
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Like other reviewers wrote: the food is excellent :-). The meat is so tender it is something you should experience. The restaurant is quite small so especially on busy evenings we recommend you make reservations. The owner makes you feel very welcome (actually everyone of the staff). The price is very reasonable for what you get. When we return to Brussels we will definitely visit the restaurant again!

3  Thank Juledan
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I went to Restaurant Sainte-Catherine last week with my girlfriend on the final day of my trip to Brussels and it was a lovely way to end the trip. We ordered off the €25 set menu and the food was wonderful and service from the owner himself was very accommodating. We both had the garlic mushrooms, followed by the steak and frites and then chocolate mousse for dessert.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant. It has a lovely relaxed atmosphere and you will not go hungry!

2  Thank Murkzilla
Reviewed February 26, 2012

This is the restaurant belonging to the small B&B upstairs. I visit Brussels quite often for work and I like to stay in this place and eat here when I do not have other engagements. The owner is handling the cooking and does things to your liking in a flexible way.
As the place and the kitchen are small, you need to expect some wait if there are many customers, but the atmosphere is nice and the informality of the place is just as far from the bulk kitchens as need be. Food is of the French cuisine ranging from fish to meat. You can have mouth-watering lobster or scampi and the filet pur is to kill for. The char-coal grill is excellent and you should take a peek at it just to see its magnificence.
You might not always find what you ask from the list, but I think it is to be expected in a small and home-like place such as this.
I have more than once brought close business associates to this place and always had good feedback. However, I would be more careful on first meetings and with new associates that I do not fully know yet.
The terrace outside is very nice when the weather admits.

1  Thank Juha S