“Grazie mille!”

Le Buone Maniere
Ranked #463 of 3,557 Restaurants in Brussels
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Idealement situe entre Montgomery et le Cinquantenaire, le restaurant le buone maniere vous accueille dans une maison de maitre completement renovee. Le cadre raffine au decor elegant est l'endroit ideal pour profiter d'un bon repas dans un environnement calme et familial. Cote cousine, le chef, Teresa Notarangelo, vous propose des plats dans la plus pure tradition italienne revisites avec beaucoup de creativite et simplicite. En plus de sa magnifique terrasse, l'etablissement possede deux salles privees a l'etage disponible pour vos evenements tant prives que profesionnels. N'hesitez pas a nous demander conseil, nous vous renseignerons avec plasir.
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
“Grazie mille!”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Had a business dinner after a hard day work and discussion. Nice place, nice food and even better wine. Had a four course meal. The kitchen was very flexible with special wishes, fish turned into meat for the non fish-lovers. And I must say, a very good coffee to finish the dinner. Grazie mille!

• Visited December 2013

Brussels, Belgium
“Nice business dinner”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We had booked the place for 20 people and it was very nice. First the place is not very big in a good sense. They have few tables, noise is kept to a minimum and you can easily talk to your neighbors without having to shout and they really pay attention to each table. Decoration is modern and classy.

When it comes to the menu I was quite impressed with the first course (eggplant and tagliatelle al parmigiano) and the desert. Pasta is brought hot over a huge wheel of parmigiano which will melt and bring a nice taste. The fish and veal that we had as the main course were good but nothing special. Coffee was good and the red wine too.

We had to wait too much between the first and the main course and that is why I gave it a 4-star and not 5-star. I'll gladly come back as a couple or with colleagues.

• Visited November 2013
“Good for a business lunch”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Pleasant personalised service and good food. To visit from time to time because the menu does not change very often, but well worth it when you go..

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Adrian H
Hoeilaart
“Average, a bit expensive for what they bring!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Reading the good comments on this and other websites, my wife and me decided to go there for a saturday evening dinner for two. The dining room is elegant, no parking problems in the area, the kind owner received us, so far so good. The restaurant was not very full, I guess I think about hals full. But the attention of the owner (and only waiter) was mainly directed towards his family. Apparently his brother, his wife, two young very cute kids and a friend came by for dinner. Not that I was dressed as for a gala occasion, but their dress was fully out of bounce with the style and pretentions of the restaurant. Not a big problem though. The waiter's main attention (owner) however was with this family group and not very much with the other guests. For me fine that you have your family, even when you are working, but I had the impression that the restaurant would like to strive for another image.

The food: both of us we took the vitello tonnato. An italian classical dish, that I prepare sometimes myself and is an excellent example of how great food can be if you just keep it simple. My wife's immediate reaction after the first bite 'yours is better'. And indeed ( I don't have an exaggerated
sense of modesty) it usually is. The dish was Ok, but not more then that. It was just if it was prepared a bit too much in advance. The tastes were a bit flat. My wife had the linguini con tartufo negro as a main dish and me had it as a second starter. Here the same. Just Ok, truffle was truflle, but the delicate taste that normally goes with it was hardly noticeable. My main dish was veal with pistachios and honey sauce, again (becoming boring) just OK no aspect provoked a reaction like 'well, this is well done'. My wife had red fruit with lemon sorbet and again, yes......
I didn't expect to be in a top restaurant, but the check was € 140 for two, without wine and aperitif. There are much better places in Brussels where you can eat much better Italian food for about the same or even less money.

• Visited April 2013
“very classy”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

the restaurant looks like a gastronomic restaurant. Indeed the plates are small and a bit more expansive than an usual restaurant. It's italian type of food and it was very tasty! I had buffalo mozza with ham for entry and my plat was a disapointing, I had canelloni with scampi but I had only 3 scampi on the plate and 3 cenelloni... not enough ...

La truffe noir that my father had on his dish was smelling very lovely but was not really tasty ...

• Visited February 2013