“Average Greek at above average prices”
Review of Kafenio

Kafenio
Reserve with
Kafenio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 3,715 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Average Greek at above average prices. Often full at lunch time from the surrounding European institutions. Really nothing special and not a patch on l'atlantide a couple of hundred metres away.

1  Thank sdmmb

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Nice food, and is not expensive. The service is good too and fast. The Kafenio salad and the octopus salad are quite good.

1  Thank ja_svq
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I went here with colleagues (a group of 10 people in total). We were treated friendly and quickly. A colleague of mine knocked over a glass, spilling his drink. We were helped immediately. We didn't have to wait long for our meal, which was great.

Being a vegetarian, I asked if the mezze assortment could be made vegetarian (there are veggie options on the menu but I love mezze). This wasn't a problem at all. They double-checked if fish was OK, which isn't veggie for me, but again, no problem at all.

What I got was very tasty: different fried bits, vegetables and the typical sauces (Tatziki and others).

I found it a cosy and neat restaurant, friendly staff, not a long wait, good value.

1  Thank PeterMorli
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I was introduced to this restaurant by a friend and have now been there three times. Whilst I cannot comment on some of the negative reviews below, I have always been treated in a friendly manner by the staff and never had an issue with my bill.

My main reason for returning is the consistently good quality of the food. My favourite dish is the Lamb Chops that are cooked just right and very tasty. They come with what I call chips (not fries) and a very nice salad, well dressed and with walnuts. Yes there are plenty of other establishments in the area but this one has a nice menu, the food is cooked well and to a consistent quality and it is worth a visit.

Don't be put off.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Well, it's not exactly what the name (kafenio = greek coffee house) lets you expect. The decor is quite modern, in simple lines, the wall depicts the skyline of Brussels, not a typical greek landscape. However, the interesting part is the food. We had a large meze selection, which allowed for a quite comprehensive tour of greek dishes. Everything was well cooked or grilled, the tastes were distinct and at the appropriate level. The selection of greek wines is not huge, but covers a wide range of origins and prices. The service is friendly and efficient, although we got meze for 3, while we ordered for 2. All in all a good choice if you are in the neighbourhood of the European Commission quarters.