“Nice food! Welcoming waiters! Good price!”
Review of Fin de Siecle

Fin de Siecle
Ranked #23 of 3,620 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Belgian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: No telephone. No reservations. No credit cards. Simple place, simple food.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice food! Welcoming waiters! Good price!”
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

I tried the ?entrecote grillée?, it was so good that I almost cried... Juicy and tasty , :) My friend ordered ?jambonneau?, it was huge! So much meat! The sauce is delicious! Soup is nice too, and so is the home salad. Anyway, no deception... With an unbeatable price! The waiters are so nice people, they are adorable!

1 Thank 856kel

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Friendly place, average food”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

A week ago, I followed TripAdvisor's review and found Fin de Siecle.

When I entered the place (it was very busy), I was welcomed by a very pleasant waiter and made feel relaxed. I was on a business trip so went for dinner by myself but must say it didn't feel lonely at all. Everyone there was really friendly and helpful. The menu was in Belgian so I didn't understand a bit but one waiter saw me puzzled and hurried to translate. She translated all menu for me with a smile (which was great). The wine was okay and my meal (sausages with mash potatoes) average.

I must admit that even though the meal was average (what extra can you really do with sausages and mash, hey!) I would go back for sure. Overall, it was a pleasant experience.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank qetus p
Vancouver, Canada
“Excellent belgian food!”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Based on recommendations on TripAdvisor, we decided to try this restaurant and made sure to arrive early (7 pm) on a Friday night. There were only a few tables occupied, but within half an hour the place was packed. The service was very fast, servers were friendly, the menu which was written on a chalk board had about 15 items to choose from, and the drink list was varied. We ordered the Stoemp (Belgian version of Bangers and mash) and the rabbit - both delicious and substantial portions. Prices for mains vary between €11 -17 . The overall atmosphere in the restaurant was very laid back, nothing fancy and almost cafe-style. Clientele was a mix of locals and tourists. I recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for a good, hearty Belgian meal at a reasonable price.

2 Thank Smirshner
Brussels, Belgium
“my favorite Belgian place in town”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

with its seemingly original furnishing and character the place provides a unique atmosphere. it offers traditional dishes, the "lapin" being my all-time favorite. it can get crowded, but never mind as long as you get a seat.

1 Thank 78ernico
uk
“Enjoyed......but”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We liked this place and enjoyed our food. Stoemp and carbonnade was very good indeed. The entrecôte big and tasty - described as excellent!
The ambiance was good - lots of locals and not any other tourists during our visit, it would seem. Good selection of drinks and a satisfying range of puddings. Quite good value.
Shame about the very large man who was in and out of the kitchen blowing his nose in the extreme and very evidently not washing his hands afterwards as he was sauntering around the kitchen area and behind the bar. This is totally unacceptable and for that reason only - we sadly, will not return.

• Visited January 2014