“Authentic & delicious Belgian food”
Review of Fin de Siecle

Fin de Siecle
Ranked #25 of 3,759 Restaurants in Brussels
Cuisines: Belgian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: No telephone. No reservations. No credit cards. Simple place, simple food.
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We actually stumbled upon this restaurant (even though I had it saved as one of the restaurants that I wanted to go to while we stayed in Brussels) late at night while walking through the streets looking for an authentic Belgian non-turist restaurant, and we were not disappointed!

This, like "Publico" (restaurant around the corner) only accepts cash, so it was very frustrating to find a cash point when you not only have to wait for a table but also the one that they suggested was out of order!

But it was worth it as the food was amazing, big portions for those with an appetite, it tasted authentic and most of all was good value for money! The service was also great and promptly served!

We had the "Lapin Kriek" (rabbit) and the "Jambonneau Moutarde" (ham). The rabbit was very tender and succulent while the ham joint was more like something came from a dinosaur - very filling!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

The food was amazing at this restaurant. I had the lepin (rabbit), it was one of the most amazing dishes I have had at any restaurant. The atmosphere is fun, lively - there is a large blackboard with the menu written on it, the tables are for the most part all next to each other, a very warm and earthy feel to everything. The waiter we had, a jovial man with somewhat long and somewhat curly hair, was great, very friendly, very helpful, and not afraid to speak his mind about the food. His recommendations were perfect. The prices are really great, two people: we both had soup, I had a Westmalle Trappist (bottle), she had a glass of wine, we ordered a bottle of very decent Graves Bordeaux, and had lepin and veaux for main course, all for 77 euros.

1  Thank Bernard V
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have been here several times now over the past 2 years and this is one of my favourite restaurants in Brussels. Simply, because you are guaranteed a good meal at a good price in a relaxed atmosphere. There is a wide variety of dishes to choose from and there is a bit of something for everyone. I would recommend the Stoemp & Saussise or the Ribs.
Staff are friendly and helpful, but get their early on the weekend as it gets busy quickly. They do not take reservations as far as I know. And just around the corner are nice areas/bars for a nightcap!

3  Thank Gefd
Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

The neighborhood atmosphere of this restaurant made us feel we made friends with locals! The food was out of this world and the service was very warm. I could swear the owner's mom is in the back slaving away making her sons favorite meals for his friends!! Bring an appetite and be ready for a casual meal in a restaurant with mismatched tables, no menu except the chalk board, and have your cash ready as no credit cards accepted. Don't miss this place!

1  Thank She-Makes-Me-Travel
Reviewed September 11, 2012

The beef stew was better than home cooking... The ambiance was friendly, and Chrystel our server was outstanding!!